10-03-2010, 01:14 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); That the thing in my head which stops me from buying black ops

Just the lack of support it will get , release within one year no more patchs even if something ruins the game.

Sorry but until i hear news on support for 2 years or so buying black ops is a no deal.
Anybody else feel the same way ?

I explain support in my view
It not just map packs but fixing balance issues on top what they do already. Just i have a concern on what they will fix.
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 10-03-2010 at 09:33 PM.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

10-03-2010, 01:25 PM #2
SkitZoFrenzly
Pokemon Trainer
Not really....
10-03-2010, 01:26 PM #3
Nah Black Ops will be different , the reason patches take so long is because they have too be approved by Sony , So sony/ms have too check hundreds of patches for different games too make sure they dont crash the system ect.

But with Black Ops a new system allows patches too be applied sever side (i.e you dont have too install on your ps3/Xbox ) So this means patches can be applied quicker.

Yeah we'll still have too install some patches but these will be for Major issues (if any)

Hope I helped =D
10-03-2010, 01:27 PM #4
by 1 year into the game it should be fixed............................................if theres something wrong with it...

why play an old cod when a new one is out anyways lul.
10-03-2010, 01:30 PM #5
B u X
BITCHES LOVE CAKE
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
That the thing in my head which stops me from buying black ops

Just the lack of support it will get , release within one year no more patchs even if something ruins the game.

Sorry but until i hear news on support for 2 years or so buying black ops is a no deal.
Anybody else feel the same way ?

What do you mean lack of support? Support from Treyarch and Activision?? Sorry but i find this hard to believe. This is the biggest game Treyarch have worked on, i doubt they are just gonna forget about it post launch. Infact im pretty sure ive heard Josh Olin say they're going really support this game pre and post launch, they arent even thinking about DLC at the minute, they just want to make the game the best it can be, even post launch. So i dont really know what you're saying here??

The following user thanked B u X for this useful post:

Dan0692
10-03-2010, 01:43 PM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by b View Post
What do you mean lack of support? Support from Treyarch and Activision?? Sorry but i find this hard to believe. This is the biggest game Treyarch have worked on, i doubt they are just gonna forget about it post launch. Infact im pretty sure ive heard Josh Olin say they're going really support this game pre and post launch, they arent even thinking about DLC at the minute, they just want to make the game the best it can be, even post launch. So i dont really know what you're saying here??

Lack of support to fix problems with the game.
For example if people are getting laggy games you change the matchmaking system. So far no COD had this happen on consoles.
Dice have done this...why not COD ?
Maybe it due to the lack of the hot fix system which they added for black ops. Happy at that.

Believe part of the reason oh there one next year we get it right. No real support imo showed so far. But then why should they when people will buy the next one anyway.....

Josh Olin said there will be support after release they said the same thing for COD4 no ?
WAW
MW2 too.....

All which had serious issues which needed to be fixed and never was.
They said for COD4 oh we add barebones , never did.

See my point ?
From history there a serious lack of support for this game apart from map packs.

That point about the patchs is true having to go pass sony/MS maybe it will be different this time around. We see
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 10-03-2010 at 01:46 PM.
10-03-2010, 01:54 PM #7
AKASNM
Gym leader
Come play TEAM FORTRESS 2.
We just got a major update adding 65 new items into the game!
And TF2 was released in 2007, so were gonna be pushing 4 years of support soon :3

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

For example if people are getting laggy games you change the matchmaking system. So far no COD had this happen on consoles.
Maybe it due to the lack of the hot fix system which they added for black ops. Happy at that.

Believe part of the reason oh there one next year we get it right. No real support imo showed so far. But then why should they when people will buy the next one anyway.....

Josh Olin said there will be support after release they said the same thing for COD4 no ?
WAW
MW2 too.....

See my point ?
From history there a serious lack of support for this game apart from map packs.

That point about the patchs is true having to go pass sony/MS maybe it will be different this time around. We see

And there was.
Unless you can find me a DIRECT LINK TO A QUOTE OF HIM SAYING: "We will have support for 2+years after release"

Shut the **** up. This is Business, they cant dwell on one game (TF2 is now profitable via an in game shop, so they can afford FREE updates ever month) And TECHNICALLY They did have support after launch.
10-03-2010, 02:03 PM #8
B u X
BITCHES LOVE CAKE

WAW
MW2 too.....

See my point ?

They have changed the matchmaking system havent they? You play with people locally rather than internationally to prevent lagging issues, at least this is what i believe.

No real support shown so far???? Dedicated servers.....

Cod 4 was a great game, the only game affecting issue for me was the UFO hack, but that got sorted after 2 weeks. Cant really comment on WaW, i barely have 2 days playing time on that. Mw2, we all know this game has major issues, and i think the lack of support is to do with problems at IW which most of us are aware of, nebertheless, IW really have lacked in support.

But if you're asking my opnion, i think Black Ops will get the support it needs from Treyarch. They've made too much a big of deal how much they're going to support this game. I dont think they can afford to forget about this game after it's release, they've seen what it's done to IW's reputation...
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM #9
shawry
< ^ > < ^ >
who cares? thats in a year? this is now & this game is gonna be ****ing amazing!

so its your loss
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
@AKASNM
I understand it business , thanks for swearing at me Smile

Read my post i never said that anybody which works on COD said the game would be supported for 2 years. I said i would like some news on support being that long.

"Sorry but until i hear news on support for 2 years or so buying black ops is a no deal."

Now tell me how does that turn into "We at IW will support the game for 2 years"

TF2 is a good example of support for a game with updates over it long life. Good point game shop may mean that game can get more support. Maybe it time for COD to have the same thing ?
Not just map packs , do think that the way they will go.....

Your right they did support after launch but COD games still have some major issues which where never fixed!!
COD4 with it host quit problem
WAW also had the host quit problem
MW2 with it rubbish host picker etc

As examples

Rubbish matchmaking never changed after launch is another example.

@bux-b
No the matchmaking is still the same at release for all COD games on console. Unsure on the PC state of things.
I still get put into games with americans or people half way around the world.

I do hope the game gets support and alot to fix it issues. Even if it just simple matchmaking fixes am fine with that am not asking for new maps free.
Just want support to make sure no major issues keep with it.

"I dont think they can afford to forget about this game after it's release, they've seen what it's done to IW's reputation..."

I think they can.....
Look at history with problems still sold very well even MW2 sold like hotcakes.
People still loved IW even after COD4 problems and no fixes. So....i don't it done much if any damage to IW rep.

Smile^
Any more replies welcomed
Just hope some of you get what i mean

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo