06-12-2012, 08:27 PM #1
aerosoul94
smooth like butter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello I wanted to show you guys what I've been working on recently. I'm not 100% on the name but that is pretty much what my project does. I'm creating an application that opens any fastfile for PS3, XBOX, PC, and Wii. This isn't an ordinary .ff viewer. This application completely decompiles a fastfile and allows you to edit almost any data within.

At the moment it can read through these assets: menufiles, menus, localize, materials, images, sounds, rawfiles, stringtables, structureddatadefs, leaderboarddefs, xmodels, xanims, tracers, fonts, vehicles, snddriversglobals, sndcurves, physpresets, fx, impactfx, and weapons for COD4, MW2, W@W, and Black Ops.

If I ever do end up finishing this, I plan on making it decompile assets and compile all(or most)assets into fastfiles. The gui isn't so great so I plan on improving that also. I think I may have to rewrite it in C++ but I'm not sure about that yet. Really my goal is to learn more programming languages(especially C++). If this is ever finished I plan on making it open source.

Here are a few images of the application and some of the things it can do:
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by aerosoul94 ; 06-08-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: updated images... and no i'm not working on this anymore.

The following 86 users say thank you to aerosoul94 for this useful post:

Okami, Eddie Mac, $snowman, 04jberry, 247Yamato, anxify, Ariel R., Red-EyeX32, BriceC, BrinkerzHD, BuC-ShoTz, BvB-09r-_-N!c0, caleb01, Chaizm, Choco, CodingHoster, CoDyMoDz1000XD, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, Curz, D3cH, daswiftguy, Davey, DEREKTROTTER, Dr. Mayham, Esker, Fail3rc, FAKA_ELITE, FaSt_FrEEdOm, FuntCase, Ghost1990, GiGaOcTeTs, GodDrinksPepsi, Hack-Tivision, Harry, Heaney, HonuCinema, I am Mara, Beats, ibombo, iiReFuZee, iMCSx, ismexyy, zL_j8hnb, Jamba_PLuR, jojolepro51, JordanPSN, Kearney158, KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, KM-_1337, kvichak, JokerRey, lovebros, Maty360414, MrReDN34L, Newelly, Jango, primetime43, Cmd-X, ReeZ-_-MoDz, rimka06510, SoHax, Swifter, TheFuziioN-, TheJaRniBoi, ThePhantom410., theShocker97, TheUnexpected, This-Guyy, Treyz, UGz-, UnboundUser, UnHolyModz, Vampytwistッ, WEE_FITZYBOY, X-RAY200, xChronicModz, xePixTvx, xMrSuperMoDzZ--, XXSYNISTERXX, zxz0O0
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM #47
Originally posted by aerosoul94 View Post
My goal is to bring modtools to consoles, so what I meant by "I need PC users :P", was that since they have modtools they should have a better feeling with assets and would have more ideas that could help me out. Besides that modtools for PC doesnt provide support for all assets(or it doesnt reveal as much), nor does it allow you to decompile fastfiles. Yes MW3 does use signatures for multiplayer only. Same goes for MW2, but I wanted my ffviewer to be able to handle all fastfiles so it wouldn't be complete without PC support. The only fastfiles it won't be able to extract are Black Ops for PS3(I need the keys, and it doesn't help that I don't have a modded PS3) and MW3 for xbox(as far as I know only Caboose knows the compression used for it). But it will support reading of their .zone's.

Eh.. I don't think I'm going to go that far with it. I'll just stick to the game I know best. If I ever do something with GTA it'll be a new project.

Just download Be.HexEditor.147 (Google) and its open source Winky Winky
heres a link: You must login or register to view this content.
06-22-2012, 02:18 PM #48
when will this be released
Last edited by JordanPSN ; 07-08-2012 at 08:33 AM.
06-25-2012, 09:12 AM #49
iOdysseus
Bounty hunter
My goal is to bring modtools to consoles, so what I meant by "I need PC users :P", was that since they have modtools they should have a better feeling with assets and would have more ideas that could help me out. Besides that modtools for PC doesnt provide support for all assets(or it doesnt reveal as much), nor does it allow you to decompile fastfiles. Yes MW3 does use signatures for multiplayer only. Same goes for MW2, but I wanted my ffviewer to be able to handle all fastfiles so it wouldn't be complete without PC support. The only fastfiles it won't be able to extract are Black Ops for PS3(I need the keys, and it doesn't help that I don't have a modded PS3) and MW3 for xbox(as far as I know only Caboose knows the compression used for it). But it will support reading of their .zone's.

Eh.. I don't think I'm going to go that far with it. I'll just stick to the game I know best. If I ever do something with GTA it'll be a new project.

Should give you all some help.
06-26-2012, 12:49 AM #50
iss
Save Point
Really Cool man amazin prog.
06-26-2012, 09:08 AM #51
This looks awesome. i cant wait for the release.
06-26-2012, 02:21 PM #52
TheJaRniBoi
Why So Serious?
got a question would using a debug default_mp.self for mw3 along with a patch_mp.ff created using your tool let you get MW3 mods? I mean on a debug network or would there still be some sort of checks which need to be removed. I know this is the MW2 section but since your tool allows MW3 PS3 ffs to be opened and compiled/decompiled couldn't this work.
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM #53
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by CODGlitcha
got a question would using a debug default_mp.self for mw3 along with a patch_mp.ff created using your tool let you get MW3 mods? I mean on a debug network or would there still be some sort of checks which need to be removed. I know this is the MW2 section but since your tool allows MW3 PS3 ffs to be opened and compiled/decompiled couldn't this work.

No. EBOOT.BIN checks the intergrity of the patch_mp.ff file for MW3 and if you even change one character it would violate the rules and invalidate your modded patch. You would need to patch the EBOOT.BIN file. However, this is not possible because nobody has the relevant 3.72+ keys required to do so.
06-27-2012, 08:43 PM #54
lfclegend321
Vault dweller
Hello I wanted to show you guys what I've been working on recently. I'm not 100% on the name but that is pretty much what my project does. I'm creating an application that opens any fastfile for PS3, XBOX, PC, and Wii. This isn't an ordinary .ff viewer. This application completely decompiles a fastfile and allows you to edit almost any data within.

At the moment it can read through these assets: menufiles, menus, localize, materials, images, sounds, rawfiles, stringtables, structureddatadefs, leaderboarddefs, xmodels, xanims, tracers, fonts, vehicles, snddriversglobals, sndcurves, physpresets, fx, impactfx, and weapons for COD4, MW2, W@W, and Black Ops.

If I ever do end up finishing this, I plan on making it decompile assets and compile all(or most)assets into fastfiles. The gui isn't so great so I plan on improving that also. I think I may have to rewrite it in C++ but I'm not sure about that yet. Really my goal is to learn more programming languages(especially C++). If this is ever finished I plan on making it open source.

Here are a few images of the application and some of the things it can do:

any idead when this will be coming out if you do decide to finish it? btw it looks epic and would save lots of time Happy
01-20-2016, 06:24 AM #55
Vote
I am error
#Release b4 i cri

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo