03-28-2011, 07:26 PM #1
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've always wanted to learn how to program, I've just never gotten around to attempting to learn.

Yeah, thats what I'm currently enrolled in college for, but haven't gotten to it yet, and have not attempted to learn anything on my own.

So how did you learn? Books? Internet? Just messing around?

Any tips or suggestions?

I feel like a bum, I'll be 21 this year and I know minimal if not nothing about programming..
03-28-2011, 07:28 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Kidd
I've always wanted to learn how to program, I've just never gotten around to attempting to learn.

Yeah, thats what I'm currently enrolled in college for, but haven't gotten to it yet, and have not attempted to learn anything on my own.

So how did you learn? Books? Internet? Just messing around?

Any tips or suggestions?

I feel like a bum, I'll be 21 this year and I know minimal if not nothing about programming..

Books and user applications. For me I started to really get into with RFID, then I decided to goto school to get more into the web side of it, like ASP, ASP.net, php etc
Last edited by Oneup ; 03-28-2011 at 07:37 PM.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
03-28-2011, 07:29 PM #3
Casper_HD
Gym leader
I Learned At School And Still Am At The Moment But My Codings Too Advanced For What My school Teaches :/ They Use VBA And It Sucks. :\ So i Taught Myself The Basic Of C++ And Taught Myself VB From What I Knew From VBA

The following user thanked Casper_HD for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM #4
Books, Youtube and developed from there. Also, My friends dad is a amazing programmer and he has had offers to hack into Pierce Morgans pc and all that so he teaches his son then his son teaches me ! Happy

The following user thanked ExtendedMediaHD for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
03-28-2011, 07:52 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by HD View Post
I Learned At School And Still Am At The Moment But My Codings Too Advanced For What My school Teaches :/ They Use VBA And It Sucks. :\ So i Taught Myself The Basic Of C++ And Taught Myself VB From What I Knew From VBA

Once you know how things work in one language they carry over to the next, only thing that changes is the syntex, which im sure you've noticed
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM #6
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Learning books, reading source code, school, YouTube (C++ spoonfeed LOL), etcetera..
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM #7
Mr Hankey
◕‿◕
best is to just mess around and try out everything you see on the internet.. you can just start with like copy pasting into C++ and try to edit stuff.. that way you will learn different codes and at the end u can make them urself =P (also doing it this way)
03-28-2011, 08:06 PM #8
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by pieter1994 View Post
best is to just mess around and try out everything you see on the internet.. you can just start with like copy pasting into C++ and try to edit stuff.. that way you will learn different codes and at the end u can make them urself =P (also doing it this way)

For C++ you could better just daily spam yourself with C++ spoonfeed.
03-28-2011, 08:08 PM #9
Mr Hankey
◕‿◕
Originally posted by Kroxldyphivc View Post
For C++ you could better just daily spam yourself with C++ spoonfeed.

what's spoonfeed?
03-28-2011, 08:10 PM #10
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by pieter1994 View Post
what's spoonfeed?

Use You must login or register to view this content..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo