05-12-2011, 02:07 AM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay so yesterday I downloaded Winrar off someones thread in premium. Well this file had a trojan. I did a FULL virus scan with, Malwarebytes, superantispyware, and AVG. I removed everything found. Now the problem is there is absolutely NO sound whatsoever. I tried putting my headphones on, no luck. Also when I see ANY video now it's extremely laggy! Its at like 2 screens per second! Help me fix this and got +256 rep!

Also, if you post some program that will supposedly fix it, test it out to see if its legit.

Thanks.
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM #11
Originally posted by Shadow View Post
sounds like a simple computer reboot will help you out. I had a similar situation and a reboot helped.

Reboot could be bad.
Some programs require reboot to finish installation. So reboot may set-in the virus.
Just a thought.
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM #12
Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
Okay so yesterday I downloaded Winrar off someones thread in premium. Well this file had a trojan. I did a FULL virus scan with, Malwarebytes, superantispyware, and AVG. I removed everything found. Now the problem is there is absolutely NO sound whatsoever. I tried putting my headphones on, no luck. Also when I see ANY video now it's extremely laggy! Its at like 2 screens per second! Help me fix this and got +256 rep!

Also, if you post some program that will supposedly fix it, test it out to see if its legit.

Thanks.

this happened to me once. the only way i found to fix it was to wipe my entire computer clean and start fresh. if theres really something you need to save just put it on a usb.
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM #13
superhighme
dude, wheres my car
Originally posted by 9619
DUDE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM
it happens because the computer forgets or loses the drivers to all the audio due to a program malfunction

the only LEGIT or REAL way is to send your comp back to the company in which you got it from

of coarse you can install your drivers again if you saved the disk
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM #14
When I click on restore to a old point it wont start up

Magnet to HDD then. =D
No idea.
Use AV to remove it?
I tried. :/

EDIT: Reinstall Drivers from the Manufacturers website maybe?
05-12-2011, 02:11 AM #15
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
Already did that three times. I'm not that dumb/wouldn't have posted this had that worked :p

Ok. Just trying to help you out mate. Maybe you need to do either a system restore (as someone previously mentioned) or possibly download the audio files for your PC. I had to do that along time ago, but it wasn't caused due to a trojan of any sort.
05-12-2011, 02:12 AM #16
Originally posted by EvilRip View Post
When's the good time to go deaf?

When you get hired to work at Ark music factory

The following user thanked MATT23116 for this useful post:

George
05-12-2011, 02:15 AM #17
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Does anyone not read my post?

---

Your best bet right now is to NOT reboot. What you need to do is back up your important information and music and pictures.
Next, uninstall all drivers that you know are connected to an issue.
(If restart is required now do it).
Re-install the drivers and things should be fixed.

If you are still have major issues, a reformat of your computer would be the best thing to do.
---

I would advice it anyways, your anti-virus may say it is gone but a GOOD virus can fake itself being destroyed, hide within another folder and then when you re-start it can reactivate.
05-12-2011, 02:16 AM #18
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
Okay so yesterday I downloaded Winrar off someones thread in premium. Well this file had a trojan. I did a FULL virus scan with, Malwarebytes, superantispyware, and AVG. I removed everything found. Now the problem is there is absolutely NO sound whatsoever. I tried putting my headphones on, no luck. Also when I see ANY video now it's extremely laggy! Its at like 2 screens per second! Help me fix this and got +256 rep!

Thanks.

Hope this helps you
05-12-2011, 02:17 AM #19
Originally posted by Papa
Does anyone not read my post?

---

Your best bet right now is to NOT reboot. What you need to do is back up your important information and music and pictures.
Next, uninstall all drivers that you know are connected to an issue.
(If restart is required now do it).
Re-install the drivers and things should be fixed.

If you are still have major issues, a reformat of your computer would be the best thing to do.
---

I would advice it anyways, your anti-virus may say it is gone but a GOOD virus can fake itself being destroyed, hide within another folder and then when you re-start it can reactivate.

This is why i said DO NOT reboot. :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo