05-12-2011, 02:07 AM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay so yesterday I downloaded Winrar off someones thread in premium. Well this file had a trojan. I did a FULL virus scan with, Malwarebytes, superantispyware, and AVG. I removed everything found. Now the problem is there is absolutely NO sound whatsoever. I tried putting my headphones on, no luck. Also when I see ANY video now it's extremely laggy! Its at like 2 screens per second! Help me fix this and got +256 rep!

Also, if you post some program that will supposedly fix it, test it out to see if its legit.

Thanks.
05-12-2011, 02:17 AM #20
CLM
Originally posted by Papa
Does anyone not read my post?

---

Your best bet right now is to NOT reboot. What you need to do is back up your important information and music and pictures.
Next, uninstall all drivers that you know are connected to an issue.
(If restart is required now do it).
Re-install the drivers and things should be fixed.

If you are still have major issues, a reformat of your computer would be the best thing to do.
---

I would advice it anyways, your anti-virus may say it is gone but a GOOD virus can fake itself being destroyed, hide within another folder and then when you re-start it can reactivate.

I installed it last night so it doesn't matter. Besides, after each virus scan the computer requires a reboot. I will do the drivers part though. How do I know what drivers to get? Also what do you suggest I do to make sure the virus is gone?
05-12-2011, 02:23 AM #21
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
I installed it last night so it doesn't matter. Besides, after each virus scan the computer requires a reboot. I will do the drivers part though. How do I know what drivers to get? Also what do you suggest I do to make sure the virus is gone?

Alright, when you go to uninstall the drivers make note of the name. Probably your best bet is to search the drivers name right before you uninstall and bookmark it.

Depending on how good of a Trojan it is, it could be gone already or it could just be hiding waiting to come back. I've had one that did that and the only real way to get rid of it is to re-format your computer.

(Also, before attempting any of this Back-Yo-Shit-Up).

---
What Anti-Virus do you have?
05-12-2011, 02:54 AM #22
CLM
Originally posted by Ownage
do you still have your original OS disc/cd?

Originally posted by Papa
Alright, when you go to uninstall the drivers make note of the name. Probably your best bet is to search the drivers name right before you uninstall and bookmark it.

Depending on how good of a Trojan it is, it could be gone already or it could just be hiding waiting to come back. I've had one that did that and the only real way to get rid of it is to re-format your computer.

(Also, before attempting any of this Back-Yo-Shit-Up).

---
What Anti-Virus do you have?

Originally posted by JoDonBaker View Post
Reboot could be bad.
Some programs require reboot to finish installation. So reboot may set-in the virus.
Just a thought.

Originally posted by NextGenBOOYAH View Post
this happened to me once. the only way i found to fix it was to wipe my entire computer clean and start fresh. if theres really something you need to save just put it on a usb.

Originally posted by 9619
the only LEGIT or REAL way is to send your comp back to the company in which you got it from

of coarse you can install your drivers again if you saved the disk

Okay, I'm currently in safe mode and the videos aren't laggy any more. Any suggestions on what to do?
05-12-2011, 01:30 PM #23
CLM
Originally posted by Ownage
Alright so basically after reading a bit on it, the virus deleted a sound driver, there are two ways to bring this back, restoring your computer back to a point before the driver was deleted, or you must manually install them yourself, do you have the original driver CD's?

Are you sure? It works fine in safe mode but not in regular mode.
05-12-2011, 01:33 PM #24
Already did that three times. I'm not that dumb/wouldn't have posted this had that worked :p

System restore to another point like when you last updated windows. What thread was the file from?
05-12-2011, 01:34 PM #25
CLM
Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
System restore to another point like when you last updated windows. What thread was the file from?

I tried doing that upon boot, but it says anti virus could be blocking a file they need and I should turn it off? :confused:
05-12-2011, 01:35 PM #26
Default Avatar
Cammy
Are you sure? It works fine in safe mode but not in regular mode.

Go into Task Manager and tell me if you see any sort of Audio Manager in the process lists.
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM #27
CLM
Originally posted by Cammmmy View Post
Go into Task Manager and tell me if you see any sort of Audio Manager in the process lists.

Nope .
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM #28
I tried doing that upon boot, but it says anti virus could be blocking a file they need and I should turn it off? :confused:

If you have the windows disc you can load that upon reboot and repair your pc. It's an option and you follow the steps to system restore.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo