09-20-2011, 09:29 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know this is the wrong section but it takes forever for someone to reply when you post in the computer section so i guess a mod will wove it when he see's i was a bad boy :carling:
But heres my question, my aunts giving me a Desktop cuz she's getting a mac(I know...) and i was wondering if its any good. Heres the link to the same computer You must login or register to view this content.
So with everything it comes with(I mean all the technical features) is it a good/decent computer? And if so rate it on a scale of 1-10

(also dont treat it like a gameing computer cuz i know its not and i wont play games on it anyhow) Also if you think its good, why is it? (by the tech specs i mean)
Last edited by Phobick ; 09-20-2011 at 09:39 PM.
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM #11
Originally posted by Paki
6.5 out of 10 processors triple core but only 2.1 GHz, won't do anything major but it'll do small things at the same time.
What do the Ghz even do lol?
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM #12
ARIISSEK
:nyan: Kaffy :nyan:
Originally posted by Phobick View Post
What do the Ghz even do lol?

That's how fast it can process information.
09-20-2011, 10:40 PM #13
Originally posted by Paki
That's how fast it can process information.
Then whats the triple-core processor for?

The following user thanked Phobick for this useful post:

Johnboy25
09-20-2011, 10:55 PM #14
Alt
Banned
Not too bad, Processors isn't all that, But it will run Chrome, iTunes, Photoshop ect..

09-20-2011, 11:02 PM #15
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Then whats the triple-core processor for?

It is like having 3 cpus on one chip faster computing for games and other apps like Photoshop, and drafting. You have a good pc, with a decent graphics card you could do alot more with it. Something to think about.
09-20-2011, 11:15 PM #16
Originally posted by ghostbear View Post
It is like having 3 cpus on one chip faster computing for games and other apps like Photoshop, and drafting. You have a good pc, with a decent graphics card you could do alot more with it. Something to think about.
Okay give me a run down, whats the difference between Ghz and Core processor. And what could i do with a graphics card?
09-20-2011, 11:51 PM #17
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
I know this is the wrong section but it takes forever for someone to reply when you post in the computer section so i guess a mod will wove it when he see's i was a bad boy :carling:
But heres my question, my aunts giving me a Desktop cuz she's getting a mac(I know...) and i was wondering if its any good. Heres the link to the same computer You must login or register to view this content.
So with everything it comes with(I mean all the technical features) is it a good/decent computer? And if so rate it on a scale of 1-10

(also dont treat it like a gameing computer cuz i know its not and i wont play games on it anyhow) Also if you think its good, why is it? (by the tech specs i mean)

Here are my thoughts, and I don't do much gaming on my computer (so don't worry, I won't be giving you any "good to play games" bullcrap).

First off, you can tell a lot from the customer reviews, so you might want to review those, however, based on the average customer reviews, I'd say the computer is decent. However, upon actually examining the tech specs, we see a bit more of the real story...

I'd say, overall, its a decent computer. It'll be amazing for small tasks, like photos, video, music, or web-browsing (as long as you're not doing anything to intensive). It'll be decent for any larger tasks as well, such as programming or gaming if that's the kind of stuff that interests you.

The product details look decent, the computer isn't obscenely big, and seems to come with a nice monitor - that's what really counts, all the technical features isn't as important as things like the size of the monitor and what not.

I'd say, for the overall specs, I'd rate it about 8/10.

It has a decent processor, its triple-core, meaning it can handle more processes and 2.1 GHz is a decent speed. 4 GB of RAM is decent, really about average in most computers these days, DDR2 SDRAM is decent, not the highest quality and most power efficient, but it is pretty much expected in most computers. A 640 GB HDD is decent, its not super huge and pretty much average on most computers anyways, it is quite a bit of storage though, so you should be fine on that end. The only thing better for that would be one of those terabyte HDDs or perhaps an SSD, however that's not really important. SATA is pretty much standard in computers nowadays, so nothing special there.

Again, all in all, its a decent computer, it'll run excellently for everyday tasks, and at around the expected rate for larger tasks.

The following user thanked Epic? for this useful post:

Pichu
09-20-2011, 11:55 PM #18
Default Avatar
Oneup
Okay give me a run down, whats the difference between Ghz and Core processor. And what could i do with a graphics card?

When you by a multi core processor it is 1 physical chip that has basically multiple cpu's on it. So when you have a triple core it is what it says it is. 1 Chip with 3 "processors" on it.

GHz is how fast each core can perform. So in this case each core can effectively process information @ 2.1GHz
09-20-2011, 11:55 PM #19
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring

A graphics card is another term for GPU, basically a graphical processing unit, it just helps to display graphics faster and at a higher quality.

GHz stands for Gigahertz, which is a unit of frequency defined as cycles per second, effectively how fast your processor will run, this is called a computer's clock rate. The faster your processor processes data, the faster you'll be able to run programs and manage data.

Core is effectively a matter of bundling more CPUs onto a single chip or processor. Effectively having a 3 core processor is like having 3 CPUs, this means you'll be able to process data faster, and manage more processes at once (a process can be thought of as a computer program, although that's a bit of a white lie as a single program can use multiple processes).

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo