09-20-2011, 09:29 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know this is the wrong section but it takes forever for someone to reply when you post in the computer section so i guess a mod will wove it when he see's i was a bad boy :carling:
But heres my question, my aunts giving me a Desktop cuz she's getting a mac(I know...) and i was wondering if its any good. Heres the link to the same computer You must login or register to view this content.
So with everything it comes with(I mean all the technical features) is it a good/decent computer? And if so rate it on a scale of 1-10

(also dont treat it like a gameing computer cuz i know its not and i wont play games on it anyhow) Also if you think its good, why is it? (by the tech specs i mean)
Last edited by Phobick ; 09-20-2011 at 09:39 PM.
09-21-2011, 12:03 AM #20
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Phobick View Post
I know this is the wrong section but it takes forever for someone to reply when you post in the computer section so i guess a mod will wove it when he see's i was a bad boy :carling:
But heres my question, my aunts giving me a Desktop cuz she's getting a mac(I know...) and i was wondering if its any good. Heres the link to the same computer You must login or register to view this content.
So with everything it comes with(I mean all the technical features) is it a good/decent computer? And if so rate it on a scale of 1-10

(also dont treat it like a gameing computer cuz i know its not and i wont play games on it anyhow) Also if you think its good, why is it? (by the tech specs i mean)

4 GB RAM and a 640 GB hard drive a definite positive. This computer should be fast and you have plenty of storage. You should have no problem when web browsing or running office applications.

With Vista Home Premium, there's no reason to upgrade to Windows 7 unless there is something you just have to have from it. Unless you are a computer techie, which it sounds like you are not, switching operating systems can be a moderate to difficult task for an inexperienced user.

All in all, if you computer isn't for gaming, I give it a 9/10. :y:
09-21-2011, 12:05 AM #21
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Okay give me a run down, whats the difference between Ghz and Core processor. And what could i do with a graphics card?

Ghz is the speed of the processor to do tasks, not to get into technical speak but it is similar to speed of a car. the higher the number the faster it works.
core is one processor, 3 core is 3 cores on one chip, each one runs at 2.1 ghz. Similar to 3 engines.
Graphics card is needed for high level processing of graphics on your screen. It frees up the cpu from this job, and thereby increases the efficiency of the pc overall. It is necessary if you plan on gaming.
It depends on what you will use the pc for, if you need one. Notice much of teh content on the web, (flash, java, etc.) might cause your pc to slow down on many pages, this is where a dedicated card for graphics would come in.
If you can live without one it is fine though.
09-21-2011, 12:59 AM #22
ARIISSEK
:nyan: Kaffy :nyan:
Then whats the triple-core processor for?

There are three cores. They function semi-independently and handle different processes at the same time.

A Single-Core processor would only deal with one program at a time.
Information From Program 1 in
Output
information from program 2 in
output
etc.

Triple core can handle three at once, meaning when you have a lot of windows open it's a bit faster.
09-21-2011, 01:14 AM #23
Originally posted by ghostbear View Post
Ghz is the speed of the processor to do tasks, not to get into technical speak but it is similar to speed of a car. the higher the number the faster it works.
core is one processor, 3 core is 3 cores on one chip, each one runs at 2.1 ghz. Similar to 3 engines.
Graphics card is needed for high level processing of graphics on your screen. It frees up the cpu from this job, and thereby increases the efficiency of the pc overall. It is necessary if you plan on gaming.
It depends on what you will use the pc for, if you need one. Notice much of teh content on the web, (flash, java, etc.) might cause your pc to slow down on many pages, this is where a dedicated card for graphics would come in.
Whats a good graphics card?
09-21-2011, 02:34 AM #24
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Here is two to check out.
You must login or register to view this content.
and

They are not that expensive and will handle most games, now if you want insane.
Something like this one will play everything, but high price tag.
09-21-2011, 05:38 PM #25
Originally posted by ghostbear View Post
So will my desktop be better then my old laptop?You must login or register to view this content.
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM #26
Chrom3D
Big Sister
I know this is the wrong section but it takes forever for someone to reply when you post in the computer section so i guess a mod will wove it when he see's i was a bad boy :carling:

That's a decent one. Same as ZoneHSad Awesome 7/10 Winky Winky But upgrade to Windows 7, because Vista is awful!! You can get it from a torrent site pretty easy :P
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM #27
Originally posted by Chrom3D View Post
That's a decent one. Same as ZoneHSad Awesome 7/10 Winky Winky But upgrade to Windows 7, because Vista is awful!! You can get it from a torrent site pretty easy :P
What the best, free, fastest vpn? Cuz when downloading torrents i always wana be that paranoid guy :p
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM #28
Chrom3D
Big Sister
What the best, free, fastest vpn? Cuz when downloading torrents i always wana be that paranoid guy :p

Try this one: You must login or register to view this content. works good Smile The only bad thing about it is that It's limited of free use. In my country they seem to don't care about piracy. Some gets caught, but It's rare.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo