08-02-2008, 07:00 AM #1
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I live in San Antonio and just did a speed test and well... damn.

You must login or register to view this content.
08-02-2008, 07:16 AM #2
is that good because my provider is cable and i get 100.00 mbps with ethernet and 54.00 mbps with wireless

EDIT:

lol i forgot everyone receives a shock when i tell them that and doesnt believe me well here is picture proof Happy (dont worry i know your jealous Winky Winky)

PS: $40 a month IS worth this speed Happy it used to be $20 but that was for 3 months only Not Happy or Sad scammers

WIRELESS

ETHERNET
Last edited by DirtyDudeOnline ; 08-02-2008 at 07:38 AM.
08-02-2008, 07:42 AM #3
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by DirtyDudeOnline View Post
is that good because my provider is cable and i get 100.00 mbps with ethernet and 54.00 mbps with wireless

Don't take this personally, but you're an idiot (and so are the other millions of people I've had to tell this to). That is the speed of your local network connection, not your internet connection. Your internet connection is much much slower than either of those. Go to speedtest.net and do a speed test like I did and post your results. :p

The following user thanked magglass1 for this useful post:

08-02-2008, 07:51 AM #4
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post
Don't take this personally, but you're an idiot (and so are the other millions of people I've had to tell this to). That is the speed of your local network connection, not your internet connection. Your internet connection is much much slower than either of those. Go to speedtest.net and do a speed test like I did and post your results. :p

yes i am an idiot Happy thank u for explaining i only got 25mbps :( lol thankx for breaking it to me Happy
08-02-2008, 07:53 AM #5
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Can you post the image like I did? After the test they give you three links, one of which will look like You must login or register to view this content.
08-02-2008, 08:01 AM #6
i tried again and i got higher Happy maybe cuz i closed other tabs

oo and i got a higher upload speed then u this time Happy but still lower download :(

08-02-2008, 08:05 AM #7
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Yeah, well my normal downloads are capped at my internet connection's speed of 15Mbps, so it looks like the ISPs are cheating on the bandwidth tests by allowing them to run at full speed.
08-02-2008, 08:07 AM #8
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post
Yeah, well my normal downloads are capped at my internet connection's speed of 15Mbps, so it looks like the ISPs are cheating on the bandwidth tests by allowing them to run at full speed.

you forgot im an idiot :rolleyes:

EDIT: i understood most of it though Happy
08-02-2008, 08:57 AM #9
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
So now that I've made this discovery, it's time to exploit it. ^_^ It looks like TimeWarner just opens up unlimited bandwidth to the servers being used for testing. To test this, I monitored my internet bandwidth at my IPCop firewall and conducted a ping flood to the speed test site using 4428 byte packets. 1456337 packets later...

Current Out: 4.392MBps

That's 35.136 Mbps of upload bandwidth being used. XD Hopefully TimeWarner doesn't get pissed, but if they do, it's their own fault. Happy

Now, to find a way to unleash this bandwidth for my regular internet traffic...
08-02-2008, 02:01 PM #10
xsHoEx
Hurah!

I usually get around 22mb but I think it's because I have family using the laptop right now ;l
Oh well, as long as my pages load fast and I don't lag out of games, Idc what the numbers re.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo