02-19-2013, 02:46 AM #1
Contributed
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so everytime I watch a youtube video I leave it on pause for like 30 seconds (For the gray bar to go pass the red), but the Red then catches up to the gray bar and then the youtube video freezes and I can't seem to watch a video.
02-20-2013, 11:02 PM #11
Contributed
I defeated!
Originally posted by Harlem
4 out of 5 bars? Are you using COD to judge your internet speed? Lol.

Go to speedtest.net and perform a speed test and post results so we can get a good analysis at your connection.

Originally posted by Pichu View Post
^ Exactly this.

The 4/5 bars means the connection to your router; although that does play into the speed of things.

Ping= 25 ms Download Speed= 2.92 Mbps Upload Speed= 2.29 Mbps

Is that good? (Browser I used for this test was Firefox 18.0)

My brother has 33 ms 1.63 DS and 2.79 US
Last edited by Contributed ; 02-20-2013 at 11:17 PM.
02-21-2013, 12:01 AM #12
Originally posted by Contributed View Post
Download Speed= 2.92 Mbps Upload Speed= 2.29 Mbps

2 mbps is actually pretty slow. Most people I know get about 30/30 depending on their service, and I get around 25/25.

Don't know if that's the case of the freezing, but I'm pretty sure you'll experience constant buffering in HD videos.
02-21-2013, 12:48 AM #13
Contributed
I defeated!
What do you mean 25/25? That yours is perfect? And is the DS and US completely bad? My friend said it wasn't that bad. Can those two cause freezing in games or no?
Last edited by Contributed ; 02-21-2013 at 01:02 AM.
02-21-2013, 02:11 AM #14
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
What do you mean 25/25? That yours is perfect? And is the DS and US completely bad? My friend said it wasn't that bad. Can those two cause freezing in games or no?

A good download speed today is around 10mb down and at least 1 up. Many people now have 30mb down and 3 up.

The numbers refer to how much data per second that can be downloaded.

Your internet is slower compared to others; your best option is to load up the YouTube page with the video and let it load all the way.

To get faster internet; consult your ISP, Internet Service Provider, and see about a new package.

I range from 25 down to 35 down and 1.7up to 3.15.
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM #15
Contributed
I defeated!
A good download speed today is around 10mb down and at least 1 up. Many people now have 30mb down and 3 up.

The numbers refer to how much data per second that can be downloaded.

Your internet is slower compared to others; your best option is to load up the YouTube page with the video and let it load all the way.

To get faster internet; consult your ISP, Internet Service Provider, and see about a new package.

I range from 25 down to 35 down and 1.7up to 3.15.

Does it have affect if your playing video games those two? Like online.
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM #16
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Does it have affect if your playing video games those two? Like online.

Yes; a lot. While playing games you are having to constantly upload and download new information every second. If you have slow speeds, you will experience lag depending on how much content is going on during multiplayer.
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM #17
Contributed
I defeated!
Yes; a lot. While playing games you are having to constantly upload and download new information every second. If you have slow speeds, you will experience lag depending on how much content is going on during multiplayer.

Is there anyway to make it faster? I recently got a new package from Verzion Fios from not to long ago. I mean like is there anything I can do on my computer to get better results or something I can download?

Also, my brother has 33 ms 1.63 DS and 2.79 US. He plays a game called Dead Frontier (Probably you heard of it) And his lag is pretty well controlled and his results are lower then mine. Which is what I'm confused about since that has a lot of content in it.
Last edited by Contributed ; 02-21-2013 at 08:23 PM.
02-22-2013, 12:00 AM #18
[NGU]Lewis188
Bounty hunter
Sometimes speed tests don't work for the download side of the test. I doubt he get's 2mb/s upload and only 1 download. If that's his actual speed he needs to call his ISP. I'd also recommend buying an Ethernet cable to check if it's your router's wireless causing the issues. It could also be an area fault happened to me before...
02-22-2013, 12:12 AM #19
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Is there anyway to make it faster? I recently got a new package from Verzion Fios from not to long ago. I mean like is there anything I can do on my computer to get better results or something I can download?

Also, my brother has 33 ms 1.63 DS and 2.79 US. He plays a game called Dead Frontier (Probably you heard of it) And his lag is pretty well controlled and his results are lower then mine. Which is what I'm confused about since that has a lot of content in it.

What does you package say; also do what Lewis stated; test your speed with an ethernet cord plugged in if you can. If you notice your speed are double or tripled, consider a new wireless piece.

Try using multiple speed test sites including one from Charter; after 5-6, you should get a good average.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo