02-19-2013, 02:46 AM #1
Contributed
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so everytime I watch a youtube video I leave it on pause for like 30 seconds (For the gray bar to go pass the red), but the Red then catches up to the gray bar and then the youtube video freezes and I can't seem to watch a video.
02-22-2013, 03:41 AM #20
Contributed
I defeated!
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
What does you package say; also do what Lewis stated; test your speed with an ethernet cord plugged in if you can. If you notice your speed are double or tripled, consider a new wireless piece.

Try using multiple speed test sites including one from Charter; after 5-6, you should get a good average.

[QUOTE='[NGU]Lewis188;5070141']Sometimes speed tests don't work for the download side of the test. I doubt he get's 2mb/s upload and only 1 download. If that's his actual speed he needs to call his ISP. I'd also recommend buying an Ethernet cable to check if it's your router's wireless causing the issues. It could also be an area fault happened to me before...[/QUOTE]

Can't find an ethernet cord.
02-22-2013, 03:43 AM #21
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Contributed View Post

Well; what is your plan for speed? I'm assuming most likely you have a 5 down and 1 up? If it's 10 down and 1 up; I'd complain to your provider.
02-22-2013, 03:53 AM #22
Pichu
RIP PICHU.

Well; what is your plan for speed? I'm assuming most likely you have a 5 down and 1 up? If it's 10 down and 1 up; I'd complain to your provider.
02-22-2013, 03:24 PM #23
Contributed
I defeated!
Originally posted by Pichu View Post

Sorry for my computer knowledge [Not the best] If you mean a 5 DS and a 1 US then I don't know lol. I'm sure it is though. Its not like I have a slow computer. Plus I always either have 4 out of 5 bars or 5 out of 5 meaning my connection is alright. My friend told me my DS and US are pretty good and you guys are saying its bad so idk lol.
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM #24
Sorry for my computer knowledge [Not the best] If you mean a 5 DS and a 1 US then I don't know lol. I'm sure it is though. Its not like I have a slow computer. Plus I always either have 4 out of 5 bars or 5 out of 5 meaning my connection is alright. My friend told me my DS and US are pretty good and you guys are saying its bad so idk lol.

I guess it kind of depends where you live to tell whether the DS and US are good for your area. However, you said you have Verizon FiOs? If that's true then I would imagine your download is pretty crappy considering that most Fiber Optic connections have at least 25 down/25 up.

Also if you do have FiOS then that means you probably live in a larger city so then again, yes, your connection is pretty slow.
02-22-2013, 06:15 PM #25
Contributed
I defeated!
Originally posted by Hondarydr View Post
I guess it kind of depends where you live to tell whether the DS and US are good for your area. However, you said you have Verizon FiOs? If that's true then I would imagine your download is pretty crappy considering that most Fiber Optic connections have at least 25 down/25 up.

Also if you do have FiOS then that means you probably live in a larger city so then again, yes, your connection is pretty slow.

I live in Philadelphia. Not the crowded part of it.
02-22-2013, 06:28 PM #26
I live in Philadelphia. Not the crowded part of it.

I would honestly give a call to Verizon and see what kind of upgrades you can get. I'm running just basic DSL and am still getting 10 download so you should at least be matching that if not getting more.
02-22-2013, 07:13 PM #27
Toke
PC Master Race
Ok so everytime I watch a youtube video I leave it on pause for like 30 seconds (For the gray bar to go pass the red), but the Red then catches up to the gray bar and then the youtube video freezes and I can't seem to watch a video.

most likely your internet i cant watch HD youtube vids because of it even though i'm on a gaming pc most of the time i only use it to watch pc tech vidd anyways for music i use grooveshark no more youtube buffering. or your computers cpu, graphics can't handle HD video that well. my sisters core 3 duo from a $800 laptop she got in 2009 is having the same issues

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hondarydr View Post

when the hell is 25 down slow? dude i'd kill for that where i live
02-22-2013, 07:50 PM #28
Originally posted by Toke View Post
most likely your internet i cant watch HD youtube vids because of it even though i'm on a gaming pc most of the time i only use it to watch pc tech vidd anyways for music i use grooveshark no more youtube buffering. or your computers cpu, graphics can't handle HD video that well. my sisters core 3 duo from a $800 laptop she got in 2009 is having the same issues

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

when the hell is 25 down slow? dude i'd kill for that where i live

I never said that at all. I too would love to have 25 down. I said most Fiber Optic connections have around that speed on average.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo