06-17-2012, 04:14 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys i need to get a new phone soon and im uncertain between an iphone and an android. For a while i've been wanting an iphone cause its cool, it's popular its from ''apple''. Although i've done some research on androids and i feel as if it has better qualities than an iphone. For those who have an android or iphone, could you name the model and the advantages to your phone and disadvantages and why an android/iphone is better? ThanksSmile
06-17-2012, 05:54 PM #11
Originally posted by Vaner View Post
That's complete BS. I've an S2, and my mate has a 4S. When it comes to games like Angry birds, Temple run, etc, it runs absolutely the same on both devices. I'm not saying android is better, the two are exactly the same. Apple Market used to be superior in the past, but right now they are pretty much the same. ( I'm not a fan boy, I've an android device and an apple tablet )

@OP, I've been in your same situation a couple of months ago, and I went with android. To make it simple for you......

If you want a device to show off with, and a good looking phone > iPhone

If you want a powerful device which is really like a small laptop in your hand > Android. ( I'd say go with Nexus One, One X, or the S3 )

I plan on getting an SII soon, is it a good phone? I really dont need an SII.. its too powerful.
06-17-2012, 08:02 PM #12
Originally posted by xGIBRALTERx View Post
I plan on getting an SII soon, is it a good phone? I really dont need an SII.. its too powerful.

Definitely, it's a one year old phone, but IMO it's still a very good quality phone. It's better than the 4S IMO.

The following user thanked Vaner for this useful post:

ChillChiefly96
06-17-2012, 11:22 PM #13
I have the HTC Evo 4g..I've had it for a year and half now and it's still just like new. Although, I would recommend getting a newer model if you do decide to get an Android.

The advantages of having an android is the flexibility and customization you can do right from the start. However, the nice thing about the iphone is how everything like your music and what not is conveniently on your phone (I like the layout better). It's hard to say though, really just personal opinion, I guess.
06-18-2012, 12:02 AM #14
I'm usually an Apple guy, so I'd say get an iPhone 4S. Or, you can always just wait for the iPhone 5.
06-18-2012, 04:11 PM #15
Originally posted by Vaner View Post
Definitely, it's a one year old phone, but IMO it's still a very good quality phone. It's better than the 4S IMO.

Oh yeah its better than the 4s for sure. I got to use my friends SII and it feels like a very solid phone.
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM #16
Hells
I'm Back...
Originally posted by Julian26 View Post
Hey guys i need to get a new phone soon and im uncertain between an iphone and an android. For a while i've been wanting an iphone cause its cool, it's popular its from ''apple''. Although i've done some research on androids and i feel as if it has better qualities than an iphone. For those who have an android or iphone, could you name the model and the advantages to your phone and disadvantages and why an android/iphone is better? ThanksSmile

I have the Motorola Atrix 4G running custom android 4.0 and I must say it's amazing, the speed of the phone apps etc, don't get me wrong iPhone are good but it's an iPhone.

With the android OS you have freedom to choose a ok/good/great/amazing phone with a great OS instead of a great phone(4s) with a good OS (just my opinion)

If money isn't an issue you can buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC One X for cheaper than a iPhone 4s and imo they are much better phones, the 4s is on par with the Samsung Galaxy S2.

If you choose android then install a 3rd party app called black market, to get it gor to 4shared.com and search "black market .apk" (do it from the phone browser, it installs direct from there Smile ) It gets you "free" versions of paid apps ie GTA, Streetfighter etc
Last edited by Hells ; 06-18-2012 at 07:57 PM.
06-18-2012, 08:32 PM #17
Hey guys i need to get a new phone soon and im uncertain between an iphone and an android. For a while i've been wanting an iphone cause its cool, it's popular its from ''apple''. Although i've done some research on androids and i feel as if it has better qualities than an iphone. For those who have an android or iphone, could you name the model and the advantages to your phone and disadvantages and why an android/iphone is better? ThanksSmile

If you had an Iphone before I can't imagine why you would want to change it.I have my 3gs for 1 year or so and I like it very much I never had any problems with it blocking on apps like it happens to the android phones that are "better" then the 3gs.I would personally go for Apple but it's your decision.And yeah Galaxy S3 is better then the 4s,but the 4s is still an Iphone,and in my opinion Iphones are awesome.
06-21-2012, 12:08 PM #18

id say that iphone is better the only thing thts better in android is tht u can download apps and in the apps u can download free music Happy else iphone got all good stuff
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM #19
i really like the fact that the iphone is really stable ( not every time but it's better then lot of android phones for that ) but the fact that you have a lot of things too in the android market and that you can have for free apps that are normally not is really great , a simple search on google of the app .apk and there it is :d for me a great android device can beat easily the iphone.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo