06-16-2011, 09:21 PM #1
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Recently I was on my iPhone, looking for things to spend my money on, When I saw an Alienware M11x for just 600 euros. After I was looking for reviews I saw that it wasnt that great (Small screen, kinda old processor, etc). So I was trying to understand whats good whats bad.. and I managed to put my own system together Smile (Yes, built myself)

Now, I am not really sure weter to take Crossfire or not.. What do you guys think?
The Alienware Aurora also can come with one 6950 so I guess its powerfull enough?
And yeah, I watched ALOT of videos about it.
Basicly, It would be 250 bucks cheaper without Crossfire.. but I really want to play all my games on MAX on 1920 x 1080

You must login or register to view this content.

\\ This is my updated setup, replaced i5 with i7, removed 1 x 2 TB, replaced SSD

Here's my Sexy Case;

My Monitor, 27' Full HD Monitor on 1920 x 1080 Full HD;

My Mouse:

My Keyboard:

For school I am getting the M11x, wich is 650€ right now. 4 Gigs of Ram and 500 HDD is plenty for a 11' laptop, and its very light.

Any suggestions? I want to keep the processor and the Graphics card this way.
Last edited by Mezzid ; 06-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
06-17-2011, 01:22 AM #2
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
If you want more power, I suggest building the system around the AMD Phenom II X6. 6+ cores are the way of the future. The system would be much cheaper in general if you went with AMD processors and motherboards. I can't answer your GPU question, but I would imagine that Crossfire isn't a huge need to max out games in full HD.
06-17-2011, 01:28 AM #3
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!
Originally posted by sample View Post
If you want more power, I suggest building the system around the AMD Phenom II X6. 6+ cores are the way of the future. The system would be much cheaper in general if you went with AMD processors and motherboards. I can't answer your GPU question, but I would imagine that Crossfire isn't a huge need to max out games in full HD.

AMD's 6 core is barely ahead of Intel's 4 cores.

Cores aren't everything champ.

The following user thanked ρrodigyz for this useful post:

Nicky74me
06-17-2011, 03:08 AM #4
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Prodigyz View Post
AMD's 6 core is barely ahead of Intel's 4 cores.

Cores aren't everything champ.

Cores aren't everything, but for the most part Intel is overpriced and overrated, and these oh-so awesome Intel quads will be obsolete before you know it. AMD is ahead of the game with fast affordable hexa-cores. For power-to-price ratio, they're the best CPU's on the market right now.

The following 3 users say thank you to stoolio_sample for this useful post:

AlabamaHit, DCLXVI, xMan_Ginax
06-17-2011, 03:43 AM #5
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
With graphics it all depends on how you feel about each chip maker. Ati and nvidia make a great set of cards for gaming it just boils down to personal favs.
I use a single PNY GTS nvidia 250 1 gig card and it does very well with any game I play. My monitor sucks but it is old. Smile

As far as cpu stoolio_sample is correct about AMD 4 and 6 cores. Intel does make a nice line of chips, but you are paying for a name not the fastest chip. You will save money with an AMD and get your moneys worth. Hope this was helpful.
06-17-2011, 05:16 AM #6
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
I didn't mean to bring up the AMD v.s Intel debate, and it doesn't belong here. But unless you want to pay 500+ USD for a powerful chip, AMD has it. I could probably throw out some much cheaper builds than the one you have posted, even with Intel you could be getting more power for the money.
06-17-2011, 06:38 AM #7
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Thanks for the reply's, but I dont want AMD because I don't know shit about it, and I dont have a problem paying 60 bucks more for an overclockable processor..
It's just the 250€ graphics cards, I want to do alot with my PC;
Gaming on MAX
Recording Games (MAX)
Editing (Sony Vegas)
Photoshop
Cinema 4D
Etc....
06-17-2011, 05:52 PM #8
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Mezzid View Post
Thanks for the reply's, but I dont want AMD because I don't know shit about it, and I dont have a problem paying 60 bucks more for an overclockable processor..
It's just the 250€ graphics cards, I want to do alot with my PC;
Gaming on MAX
Recording Games (MAX)
Editing (Sony Vegas)
Photoshop
Cinema 4D
Etc....

Then maybe you need a Core i7... how's this:
CPU: You must login or register to view this content.
GPU: You must login or register to view this content. (ATI equivalent seems slower)
RAM: You must login or register to view this content.
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content.

I'd go with these as opposed to what you originally picked, although you might not need to listen to me.
06-18-2011, 07:11 AM #9
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!
Cores aren't everything, but for the most part Intel is overpriced and overrated, and these oh-so awesome Intel quads will be obsolete before you know it. AMD is ahead of the game with fast affordable hexa-cores. For power-to-price ratio, they're the best CPU's on the market right now.

I would like to contradict your statement.

06-18-2011, 11:24 AM #10
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Then maybe you need a Core i7... how's this:
CPU: You must login or register to view this content.
GPU: You must login or register to view this content. (ATI equivalent seems slower)
RAM: You must login or register to view this content.
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content.

I'd go with these as opposed to what you originally picked, although you might not need to listen to me.

I went with i7 2600k so I can overclock Winky Winky
Will stick with the 6950's tho, and maybe will upgrade RAM to 16 if 8 Is not enough.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo