06-16-2011, 09:21 PM #1
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Recently I was on my iPhone, looking for things to spend my money on, When I saw an Alienware M11x for just 600 euros. After I was looking for reviews I saw that it wasnt that great (Small screen, kinda old processor, etc). So I was trying to understand whats good whats bad.. and I managed to put my own system together Smile (Yes, built myself)

Now, I am not really sure weter to take Crossfire or not.. What do you guys think?
The Alienware Aurora also can come with one 6950 so I guess its powerfull enough?
And yeah, I watched ALOT of videos about it.
Basicly, It would be 250 bucks cheaper without Crossfire.. but I really want to play all my games on MAX on 1920 x 1080

You must login or register to view this content.

\\ This is my updated setup, replaced i5 with i7, removed 1 x 2 TB, replaced SSD

Here's my Sexy Case;

My Monitor, 27' Full HD Monitor on 1920 x 1080 Full HD;

My Mouse:

My Keyboard:

For school I am getting the M11x, wich is 650€ right now. 4 Gigs of Ram and 500 HDD is plenty for a 11' laptop, and its very light.

Any suggestions? I want to keep the processor and the Graphics card this way.
Last edited by Mezzid ; 06-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
06-18-2011, 07:35 PM #11
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Prodigyz View Post
I would like to contradict your statement.

Your argument is quite valid, but this is neither the time or place to bring up the AMD v.s. Intel fanboy war. And I'm no AMD fanboy. I like Intel's processors and even recommended one to the OP. However, I'm a budget guy, so incorporating AMD processors for cheap builds is natural to me.

The OP has his solution, we can stop posting.
06-19-2011, 06:20 AM #12
MythGavin
Gym leader
AMD's 6 core is barely ahead of Intel's 4 cores.

Cores aren't everything champ.

Being "Barely ahead" of another product is Great when it cost LESS.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Originally posted by Mezzid View Post
Thanks for the reply's, but I dont want AMD because I don't know shit about it, and I dont have a problem paying 60 bucks more for an overclockable processor..

Who says you can't overclock an X6? And if you don't know shit about it then don't overclock, you'll ruin your CPU.
06-19-2011, 04:42 PM #13
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!
Originally posted by sample View Post
Your argument is quite valid, but this is neither the time or place to bring up the AMD v.s. Intel fanboy war. And I'm no AMD fanboy. I like Intel's processors and even recommended one to the OP. However, I'm a budget guy, so incorporating AMD processors for cheap builds is natural to me.

The OP has his solution, we can stop posting.

I didn't see your post up ahead.

My apologies on bringing the fanboy wars.
06-19-2011, 04:48 PM #14
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by flawedvictory View Post

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Who says you can't overclock an X6? And if you don't know shit about it then don't overclock, you'll ruin your CPU.

Kid I dont know anything about AMD, not overclocking.
And I've got coolers so dont worry bout it.
06-20-2011, 12:20 AM #15
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
I didn't see your post up ahead.

My apologies on bringing the fanboy wars.

It's all good Smile
06-21-2011, 09:02 PM #16
the 6950 is good, you can change it through the BIOS and overclock it to make it the same performance as the 6970.
06-21-2011, 10:43 PM #17
Maxpilat
I am error
Originally posted by sample View Post
If you want more power, I suggest building the system around the AMD Phenom II X6. 6+ cores are the way of the future. The system would be much cheaper in general if you went with AMD processors and motherboards. I can't answer your GPU question, but I would imagine that Crossfire isn't a huge need to max out games in full HD.

Did you not read the title of the thread? He's building a high end gaming system not a budget pos build
06-22-2011, 12:54 AM #18
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
I want to say from seeing tons of benchmarks....that in 'most' benchmarks (Gaming) AMD x6 is just as good or better than 2nd Gen i7.

This coming from someone running i7 930. So I am not a fanboy of either companies. But I do know any pro site you go to and say I want gaming rig. 85-90% of the people will say build AMD.

Basically this.

AMD == Gaming.
Intel == Video Rendering/Editing.
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM #19
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by flawedvictory View Post

Actually amd's hex cores are getting pretty much decimated by the 2600k and it's only like $100 more

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo