06-16-2011, 09:21 PM #1
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Recently I was on my iPhone, looking for things to spend my money on, When I saw an Alienware M11x for just 600 euros. After I was looking for reviews I saw that it wasnt that great (Small screen, kinda old processor, etc). So I was trying to understand whats good whats bad.. and I managed to put my own system together Smile (Yes, built myself)

Now, I am not really sure weter to take Crossfire or not.. What do you guys think?
The Alienware Aurora also can come with one 6950 so I guess its powerfull enough?
And yeah, I watched ALOT of videos about it.
Basicly, It would be 250 bucks cheaper without Crossfire.. but I really want to play all my games on MAX on 1920 x 1080

You must login or register to view this content.

\\ This is my updated setup, replaced i5 with i7, removed 1 x 2 TB, replaced SSD

Here's my Sexy Case;

My Monitor, 27' Full HD Monitor on 1920 x 1080 Full HD;

My Mouse:

My Keyboard:

For school I am getting the M11x, wich is 650€ right now. 4 Gigs of Ram and 500 HDD is plenty for a 11' laptop, and its very light.

Any suggestions? I want to keep the processor and the Graphics card this way.
Last edited by Mezzid ; 06-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
06-22-2011, 07:23 AM #20
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
I want to say from seeing tons of benchmarks....that in 'most' benchmarks (Gaming) AMD x6 is just as good or better than 2nd Gen i7.

This coming from someone running i7 930. So I am not a fanboy of either companies. But I do know any pro site you go to and say I want gaming rig. 85-90% of the people will say build AMD.

Basically this.

AMD == Gaming.
Intel == Video Rendering/Editing.

Well from what I've heard, Intel is building by far supperior processors.. and that less people are sattisfied with AMD..
And I took i7 because I will do alot of Video Editing and Rendering, so will come in handy.
Dunno about the benchmarks, because the best AMD processor runs at 3,3 GHz and i7 at 3,4
Not that its such a big deal but yeah. Also I am taking an overclockable processor for when it's needed ^_^

Currently using an 6 year old system with a AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core @ 2.0 GHz .. So pretty much everything is better haha.
AMD is cheaper, but Intel is a bit better I think. Is that worth 100 bucks? I dunno, but Im taking it Happy
06-22-2011, 07:33 AM #21
MythGavin
Gym leader
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
I want to say from seeing tons of benchmarks....that in 'most' benchmarks (Gaming) AMD x6 is just as good or better than 2nd Gen i7.

This coming from someone running i7 930. So I am not a fanboy of either companies. But I do know any pro site you go to and say I want gaming rig. 85-90% of the people will say build AMD.

Basically this.

AMD == Gaming.
Intel == Video Rendering/Editing.

Doesn't gaming use less cores and Editing use more?
06-22-2011, 11:16 AM #22
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by flawedvictory View Post

Yeah I think so.
06-22-2011, 11:19 AM #23
K-Snody
Loading... ████████] 99%
yeahyeah dude ..
06-22-2011, 11:24 AM #24
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Snody View Post
yeahyeah dude ..

What? :p Is he Right?
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM #25
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by flawedvictory View Post

Not really, it's all depends if the said software is optimized to use those cores, so saying gaming uses fewer isn't exactly true. Most of the new games (console ports) may require a quad core to run on the highest settings. But as was said amd's way of thinking more cores = better performance doesn't work out that well.

Saying Amd is for gaming is and intel is for work isn't really true. i7's are more or less for rendering and anything that requires alot of work since it has hyperthreading, but saying it doesn't perform well at games isn't even close to true. It plays them just as solid.
Last edited by Oneup ; 06-22-2011 at 06:55 PM.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Mezzid

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo