08-03-2011, 04:20 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); EDIT::: THIS IS MY CURRENT RIG
You must login or register to view this content.

k this is my desktop setup can someone plz look over this for me and tell me if it will play games like blackops with good settings... Am I missing anything? Fans or something ... Plz help thank!? * P.s. I think it totals out to around $828 without a video card EDIT:added video card will add another $174 EDIT: total without tax is $1097 HOPEFULLY LAST EDIT: total cost $953

Desktop setup :

Case:*You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content.

MoBo: You must login or register to view this content.

Hard Drive: You must login or register to view this content.

Optical Drive:*You must login or register to view this content.

Ram (X3) :*You must login or register to view this content.

Video Card: You must login or register to view this content.

Software:*You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Black_Jesus ; 08-04-2011 at 09:36 PM.
08-03-2011, 10:02 PM #29
Default Avatar
Cade
Originally posted by Jesus View Post
Nooby question lol but what's a gpu?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Byx3 I mean I'm buying 3 of them

:lol: what?

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Nooby question lol but what's a gpu?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Byx3 I mean I'm buying 3 of them

By Dual I mean two and by quad I mean four. So what im saying is you need to get two of them or four of them.

The following user thanked Cade for this useful post:

Nicky74me
08-03-2011, 10:13 PM #30
Nicky74me
I am error
GPU = Video card.
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM #31
Ok. So if I get four of the ram cards I chose then it will work?
Originally posted by Team
:lol: what?

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

By Dual I mean two and by quad I mean four. So what im saying is you need to get two of them or four of them.
08-03-2011, 10:18 PM #32
Default Avatar
Cade
Ok. So if I get four of the ram cards I chose then it will work?

It should, but it doesn't change the fact that your mobo is a piece of shit.
08-03-2011, 10:22 PM #33
Howso? Plz elaborate

08-03-2011, 10:23 PM #34
Default Avatar
Cade
Howso? Plz elaborate

It just doesn't match the greatness of the P8Z68
08-03-2011, 10:42 PM #35
It just doesn't match the greatness of the P8Z68

Ok how's this rig?
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM #36
I already changed my processor to the i7 260k .. Is the mobo u linked compatible with everything else I chose? And plz don't give an answer unless u look at everything.. Use been a lot of help thank u

The Only difference the Z68 has from the P67 is that you can use the onboard graphics AND overclock. But if you are going to have a dedicated graphics card, then the motherboard collin suggested should work fine. By the way, your PC will crap on my current build lol.

I have a AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 3.0ghz, and a sapphire 5770. I run All the call of duty's i have played in 1600x900 max settings and still get above 60fps almost all the time, So with a 2600k and a 6870 you should have no problems with really any games.

If you want to save a few $, then just go with the i5 2500k, as it is still one of the best processors on the market at the moment.

By the way, the easiest way to tell if a processor is compatible with a motherboard is to look at the socket type. Look in the spoiler below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last thing, if you buy a CPU Cooler, MAKE SURE it has the same socket as your processor and motherboard.

It isn't a piece of shit at all. It might not have the features of the Z68, but it is still a good mobo.
Last edited by mman259 ; 08-03-2011 at 11:04 PM.
08-03-2011, 11:09 PM #37
K thanks use helped a lot... Can u check out is pc for me? Will it play games like blackops on max settingS? Do I need to add anything? You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by mman259 View Post
The Only difference the Z68 has from the P67 is that you can use the onboard graphics AND overclock. But if you are going to have a dedicated graphics card, then the motherboard collin suggested should work fine. By the way, your PC will crap on my current build lol.

I have a AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 3.0ghz, and a sapphire 5770. I run All the call of duty's i have played in 1600x900 max settings and still get above 60fps almost all the time, So with a 2600k and a 6870 you should have no problems with really any games.

If you want to save a few $, then just go with the i5 2500k, as it is still one of the best processors on the market at the moment.

By the way, the easiest way to tell if a processor is compatible with a motherboard is to look at the socket type. Look in the spoiler below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last thing, if you buy a CPU Cooler, MAKE SURE it has the same socket as your processor and motherboard.

It isn't a piece of shit at all. It might not have the features of the Z68, but it is still a good mobo.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo