Post: AMD FX-8350 Vs Intel Core i7-3770K, which one is bette? How to Chose a CPU
02-23-2013, 05:33 PM #1
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, could some1 explain me why ppl prefere to spend 309$ on a Intel Core i7-3770K, that has 4 cores at 3.5ghz than an AMD FX-8350 with 8 cores at 4ghz? I know ppl prefere intel instead amd cpu, but would be really change? what about performance betwen those cpu? Are there other information that i should know in attion to Cores and CPU Speed? Happy
Thx in advance for reply, Cya!
02-23-2013, 07:14 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xTrueFear View Post
Hi guys, could some1 explain me why ppl prefere to spend 309$ on a Intel Core i7-3770K, that has 4 cores at 3.5ghz than an AMD FX-8350 with 8 cores at 4ghz? I know ppl prefere intel instead amd cpu, but would be really change? what about performance betwen those cpu? Are there other information that i should know in attion to Cores and CPU Speed? Happy

depends on what your doing with it. If your gaming the fx 8350 is better if doing video editing or anything else along those terms the intel i7 is what you want also the amd will overclock alot better

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

xTrueFear

The following user groaned Toke for this awful post:

CTRL
02-23-2013, 07:26 PM #3
Claptrap
Do a barrel roll!
Also from what I've seen the fx8350 is better contender for people who like to stream.

The following user thanked Claptrap for this useful post:

Millz
02-23-2013, 09:01 PM #4
CTRL
Hurah!
Intel has always been better. Who ever tells you AMD performs better then Intel is lost in the head. Also AMD value drops pretty fast compared to Intel. Intel will out perform Amd in 98% of bench mark testing.

The following 2 users groaned at CTRL for this awful post:

Meatwad, Toke
02-23-2013, 09:16 PM #5
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by IMY View Post
Intel has always been better. Who ever tells you AMD performs better then Intel is lost in the head. Also AMD value drops pretty fast compared to Intel. Intel will out perform Amd in 98% of bench mark testing.

That's not true. The 8350 is superior when it comes to streaming tests because throwing more cores when you have multiple programs is always better, unless the cores are severely underpowered. When it comes to price to performance ratio, the 8350 is also a better bang for the buck chip, and is better for gamers who don't want to spend an extra $100 on 5FPS differences.

I don't know where you pulled 98% out from, like I mentioned before, when you are streaming the 8350 performs significantly faster. Also, the 3570k is $40 more expensive than the 8350 and is actually weaker in some cases. Only in some games like Crysis or BF3 does the intel still pull ahead. The 8350 is still a very capable CPU for the money.

Originally posted by xTrueFear View Post
Hi guys, could some1 explain me why ppl prefere to spend 309$ on a Intel Core i7-3770K, that has 4 cores at 3.5ghz than an AMD FX-8350 with 8 cores at 4ghz? I know ppl prefere intel instead amd cpu, but would be really change? what about performance betwen those cpu? Are there other information that i should know in attion to Cores and CPU Speed?

Don't pay attention to those things. The clock speed does not matter nor do the amount of cores. A 3570k with 4 cores will still beat a 6300 with 6 cores. It's the processor architecture that counts. If you want to see benchmarks on CPU's enter two CPU's on the dropdown menu here: You must login or register to view this content.

And you can compare the benchmarks. Throwing more cores at the problem doesn't always increase performance. The 3770k is a very capable CPU, but it is not very well regarded for it's price to performance ratio.

Also, AMD chips waste more power than Intel chips do.

The following user thanked Millz for this useful post:

xTrueFear
02-23-2013, 10:21 PM #6
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by Millz View Post
That's not true. The 8350 is superior when it comes to streaming tests because throwing more cores when you have multiple programs is always better, unless the cores are severely underpowered. When it comes to price to performance ratio, the 8350 is also a better bang for the buck chip, and is better for gamers who don't want to spend an extra $100 on 5FPS differences.

I don't know where you pulled 98% out from, like I mentioned before, when you are streaming the 8350 performs significantly faster. Also, the 3570k is $40 more expensive than the 8350 and is actually weaker in some cases. Only in some games like Crysis or BF3 does the intel still pull ahead. The 8350 is still a very capable CPU for the money.

Don't pay attention to those things. The clock speed does not matter nor do the amount of cores. A 3570k with 4 cores will still beat a 6300 with 6 cores. It's the processor architecture that counts. If you want to see benchmarks on CPU's enter two CPU's on the dropdown menu here: You must login or register to view this content.

And you can compare the benchmarks. Throwing more cores at the problem doesn't always increase performance. The 3770k is a very capable CPU, but it is not very well regarded for it's price to performance ratio.

Intel is better in the long run because there is less stress on the cpu when it comes to overclocking. Where as amd heats up pretty fast. I had a 2500k aircooled at 5ghz and water cooled at that speed. As for the extra $40 i would pay that knowing that my cpu will not overheat as much as amd. It's a common heating issue with most AMD products i.e cpus, gpus etc.. AMD is a flop in the UK. I would recommend 2500k/2600k cpu though, it can be easily overclocked. Use the right rams and gpu and you will end up with a beast system at a affordable price. If you want that little bit extra then go for water cooling. My temps when I had my pc built where at 20c. I would recommend watercooling to everyone. When I said 98% bench mark, I was meant to say generally speaking intel cpus would outperform Amd cpu. I don't know how the value is in USA for Amd cpus but in UK Amd cpus value drops extremely fast compared to Intel.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Originally posted by Toke View Post
depends on what your doing with it. If your gaming the fx 8350 is better if doing video editing or anything else along those terms the intel i7 is what you want also the amd will overclock alot better

Amd will overclock better???? No way!! Amd's are known to have heating issues even at stock speed. Intel CPU's are much much easier and safer to overclock than AMD.
02-23-2013, 10:37 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Intel is better in the long run because there is less stress on the cpu when it comes to overclocking. Where as amd heats up pretty fast. I had a 2500k aircooled at 5ghz and water cooled at that speed. As for the extra $40 i would pay that knowing that my cpu will not overheat as much as amd. It's a common heating issue with most AMD products i.e cpus, gpus etc.. AMD is a flop in the UK. I would recommend 2500k/2600k cpu though, it can be easily overclocked. Use the right rams and gpu and you will end up with a beast system at a affordable price. If you want that little bit extra then go for water cooling. My temps when I had my pc built where at 20c. I would recommend watercooling to everyone. When I said 98% bench mark, I was meant to say generally speaking intel cpus would outperform Amd cpu. I don't know how the value is in USA for Amd cpus but in UK Amd cpus value drops extremely fast compared to Intel.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Amd will overclock better???? No way!! Amd's are known to have heating issues even at stock speed. Intel CPU's are much much easier and safer to overclock than AMD.

actually i don't believe you had a stable 5ghz on a 2500k. and amd's arn't a flop they overclock alot high than intels for this gen an why drop $300 on a dead cpu socket haswell will be out soon and on a diffrent cpu socket. and i'll say it again AMD 8350 WILL GET OVER 5GHZ ON A H80 TYPE OF COOLER YOU CAN GET 7GHZ WITH EASE ON CUSTOM
02-23-2013, 10:51 PM #8
CTRL
Hurah!
actually i don't believe you had a stable 5ghz on a 2500k. and amd's arn't a flop they overclock alot high than intels for this gen an why drop $300 on a dead cpu socket haswell will be out soon and on a diffrent cpu socket. and i'll say it again AMD 8350 WILL GET OVER 5GHZ ON A H80 TYPE OF COOLER YOU CAN GET 7GHZ WITH EASE ON CUSTOM

google 2500k at 5ghz many have done this. plus I did say I watercooled as well at 5gz. I also managed 4.7 ghz on a asus p6t deluxe v2 using i7 920 golden sample cpu D0 stepping. My friend had his at 5.1ghz (2500k). You need to find "cherry" picked cpus as they say. It's doable if you know which parts to use. Also don't forget 2500k has an unlocked multiplier which helps overclocking at high ghz better/easier.
02-23-2013, 11:00 PM #9
Millz
Worth the Weight

I can tell you have never even looked into owning an AMD product in your life. First of all AMD CPU's don't "heat up pretty fast." Actually Intel chips heat up much faster compared to AMD chips. Most AMD chips don't even hit 60 degrees under full load. They use a different type of silicon in their chips that make their chips overall cooler, however they cannot withstand 70+ degree temps on the chips, but they'll never hit those if you are running something like an H100.

I don't know if you've seen the 3770k temps. Intel crapped out and saved cash by using a very poor IHS. Not only that but the 22nm manufacturing process and the very tightly packed transistors caused even more problems for heat dissipation. I'm not sure why countries have anything to do with this. The chips you buy in the UK are the same as they are in Canada, or in the USA.

I highly doubt your machine only has 20 degree temps when rocking 5GHz. The voltage for that chip is at least 1.4V. My 2600k with a H80 isn't even hitting those temps at 4.3GHz on idle. And you are still missing the point. The point is that the 8350 is still the best chip out there for the money. Sure the 3770k almost always beats it, but it's an extra 100+ dollars for not that huge increases in performance. I know the intel chip is better, but Intel has always been a little more on the expensive side of things.

And I don't know what you mean by "drops in value extremely quickly". You mean resale? Or do you mean the retail prices drop quickly? Regardless of that, every PC part looses value.

And finally, AMD chips are much more overclockable in general. The 8350 can go from 4GHz to 5Ghz on almost all chips. They can withstand more voltage and appeal to those who are exotic coolers because they can hit ridiculous clock speeds using liquid nitrogen (like 7-8Ghz).

Intel has a voltage/heat barrier. Every intel chip has one, although some are at much higher clock speeds. There is very little consistency with Intel chips, meaning that you could buy one but the overclock you can hit on it is a hit or miss. Some people get lucky and get one that hits 5Ghz, while others can't even get close to 4.5GHz. Also, Intel chips have a voltage wall. Eg. I'm at 4.5Ghz using 1.36V. If I want to get 4.6GHz I will need to increase my voltage all the way to 1.45V. These are problems that a lot of Intel chips had, especially during Sandy Bridge times.

AMD chips don't have the above problems nearly as much, and are far more consistent when it comes to overclocking.

And the GPU overheating on the AMD side of things is just bogus. GPU's are made to withstand higher temps for prolonged periods of time. Anyone who leaves fans on auto while doing hardcore gaming is going to hit high temps. Download MSI Afterburner and increase the fan speed, and your problem is solved. If I leave my 580 while gaming on auto fans it will hit 80 degrees. If I turn the fans up it won't even touch 70 degrees. It boggles my mind how people can just leave the fans on auto then complain about their GPU temps.
Last edited by Millz ; 02-23-2013 at 11:02 PM.

The following user thanked Millz for this useful post:

Toke
02-23-2013, 11:13 PM #10
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
Originally posted by Millz View Post

Well, looking into the site that you have suggested me, the intel 1 destroy the 8 cores at 4ghz of amd in terms of FPS. So, what details should i look for choosing a cpu? i know you have said it's all about the architecture but... how can i know which one is better in terms of numbers xD

Thx for the answer! Happy

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Thx for the answer, however i was watching the site that Millz suggested me, and as i see the intel is always better in terms of fps. i dont know to what belive xD
You must login or register to view this content.

Thx again Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo