04-30-2013, 02:49 AM #1
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I really don´t know
i made a thread before on what parts should i pick for my gaming rig
and now i want to know if i can run
Arma:2 Dayz on high, and crysis 3 on high too, or Arma 3 on high definition settings
I want to run especially Arma 3 to play some epic wasteland mod o.O
please i need some feedback
and sorry for my bad English.... :cry:
here is the rig :
You must login or register to view this content.
04-30-2013, 05:50 AM #2
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Xcesar1911X View Post
I really don´t know
i made a thread before on what parts should i pick for my gaming rig
and now i want to know if i can run
Arma:2 Dayz on high, and crysis 3 on high too, or Arma 3 on high definition settings
I want to run especially Arma 3 to play some epic wasteland mod o.O
please i need some feedback
and sorry for my bad English.... :cry:
here is the rig :
You must login or register to view this content.

Should run all the games you want on high at 1080p. I would not get that motherboard though. Intel motherboards are notoriously bad and unstable. I've heard a lot of people had problems with them. Try this motherboard You must login or register to view this content.
It is cheaper and it has tons of features
04-30-2013, 09:27 AM #3
Decent build.

As ivisionz said, get a cheaper motherboard from ASUS or Gigabyte (the one listed above or the Z77X-UD3H).

Ideally buy an SSD if you can - if you can't fit one into your budget, reduce the 7970 to a 7950 and the 3770k to a 3570k - believe me, it's worth it.

If you're getting a 7970, then get this one instead (much better cooling, minimal price increase): You must login or register to view this content.

You can reduce the power supply to an 80+ bronze, anything above that isn't really worth the price increase.

What I'd build (reduced other parts so you've still got the same CPU & video card):

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($134.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($404.98 @ Newegg)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($170.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. ($55.43 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1483.28
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-30 05:27 EDT-0400)

Smile
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM #4
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Clutch
Decent build.

As ivisionz said, get a cheaper motherboard from ASUS or Gigabyte (the one listed above or the Z77X-UD3H).

Ideally buy an SSD if you can - if you can't fit one into your budget, reduce the 7970 to a 7950 and the 3770k to a 3570k - believe me, it's worth it.

If you're getting a 7970, then get this one instead (much better cooling, minimal price increase): You must login or register to view this content.

You can reduce the power supply to an 80+ bronze, anything above that isn't really worth the price increase.

What I'd build (reduced other parts so you've still got the same CPU & video card):

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($134.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($404.98 @ Newegg)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($170.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. ($55.43 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1483.28
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-30 05:27 EDT-0400)

Smile

Thank you! now the Pc is less and i can buy more stuff (like steam cards!) and i see that i needed a ssd because its atleast 4x faster than a hdd
Thank you very much ! Happy
05-01-2013, 07:08 AM #5
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Xcesar1911X View Post
Thank you! now the Pc is less and i can buy more stuff (like steam cards!) and i see that i needed a ssd because its atleast 4x faster than a hdd
Thank you very much ! Happy

I would not consider an SSD a necessity but if you can afford it go ahead. I've been meaning to get one for a while I just haven't saved up enough money yet.
05-01-2013, 07:09 AM #6
Clouds
Error 404: Title Not Found
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
I would not consider an SSD a necessity but if you can afford it go ahead. I've been meaning to get one for a while I just haven't saved up enough money yet.

I'd use an SSD to install the OS to. Boot the OS ridiculously fast. Install programs/games to another hard drive if you can't afford a big SSD or multiple ones of them.
05-01-2013, 07:36 AM #7
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Clouds View Post
I'd use an SSD to install the OS to. Boot the OS ridiculously fast. Install programs/games to another hard drive if you can't afford a big SSD or multiple ones of them.

I would opt for a 512Gb ssd for myself or maybe that new 960gb Crucial ssd for $600 but I might do what you said. Get like a 120gb ssd for my OS and install all my programs and steam games on my 2Tb hdd I already have.
05-01-2013, 07:46 AM #8
Clouds
Error 404: Title Not Found
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
I would opt for a 512Gb ssd for myself or maybe that new 960gb Crucial ssd for $600 but I might do what you said. Get like a 120gb ssd for my OS and install all my programs and steam games on my 2Tb hdd I already have.

That's a bit steep of a price for a drive. Yeah, games might take an extra few seconds to load, but if you install all necessary programs to the SSD and everything else to a normal drive, you shouldn't notice too much of a difference other than transfer times.
05-01-2013, 08:51 AM #9
That's a bit steep of a price for a drive. Yeah, games might take an extra few seconds to load, but if you install all necessary programs to the SSD and everything else to a normal drive, you shouldn't notice too much of a difference other than transfer times.

Load times. For programs and games, and even OS stuff such as Windows Explorer, the difference is massive. An SSD is often literally ten times faster than a hard drive. I'd take an SSD upgrade over a video card upgrade, if for example you had to pick. The performance increase is tremendous.
05-01-2013, 09:10 AM #10
ivisionz
Gym leader

For now I'm just gonna get a 120gb ssd. I've been looking at this one You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo