04-30-2013, 02:49 AM #1
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I really don´t know
i made a thread before on what parts should i pick for my gaming rig
and now i want to know if i can run
Arma:2 Dayz on high, and crysis 3 on high too, or Arma 3 on high definition settings
I want to run especially Arma 3 to play some epic wasteland mod o.O
please i need some feedback
and sorry for my bad English.... :cry:
here is the rig :
You must login or register to view this content.
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM #11
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
I would not consider an SSD a necessity but if you can afford it go ahead. I've been meaning to get one for a while I just haven't saved up enough money yet.

Its actually funny the ssd that you got me right now is bigger than the hard drive i currently have and yes i can afford it i can spend 1950$ but i just wanted to get a rig from 1500 to 1600 I have not gotten a upgrade since 2009 so i felt it was time to have one C:
and the rest of the money I wanted to spend it on some steam cards and some other stuff that my Pc may need like more cooling systems, because i want to overclock the 3770k and i heard it heats up like crazy.
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM #12
Clouds
Error 404: Title Not Found
Originally posted by Clutch
Load times. For programs and games, and even OS stuff such as Windows Explorer, the difference is massive. An SSD is often literally ten times faster than a hard drive. I'd take an SSD upgrade over a video card upgrade, if for example you had to pick. The performance increase is tremendous.

I was saying that they should get an SSD for basic OS and program install. A large SSD (large enough for games) will be around $640.
Within the next year or two, the price of a solid state will definitely go down, since demand is going up. I'd say to stick with a smaller one for now. If it doesn't go down, you can always do a drive image and transfer to a large SSD upgrade.
05-02-2013, 08:59 AM #13
Originally posted by Clouds View Post
I was saying that they should get an SSD for basic OS and program install. A large SSD (large enough for games) will be around $640.
Within the next year or two, the price of a solid state will definitely go down, since demand is going up. I'd say to stick with a smaller one for now. If it doesn't go down, you can always do a drive image and transfer to a large SSD upgrade.

A 512GB Crucial M4 SSD is $380 at the moment. You can lower that price if you get a slightly lesser model from a different manufacturer.
05-02-2013, 04:55 PM #14
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
Should run all the games you want on high at 1080p. I would not get that motherboard though. Intel motherboards are notoriously bad and unstable. I've heard a lot of people had problems with them. Try this motherboard You must login or register to view this content.
It is cheaper and it has tons of features

or to save switch to amd, and have a overclocking beast, raze says it beats i5 and i7 in gaming benchmarks
05-02-2013, 06:32 PM #15
Originally posted by Toke View Post
or to save switch to amd, and have a overclocking beast, raze says it beats i5 and i7 in gaming benchmarks

It pretty much depends on the game's handling or lack thereof of multithreading as far as 8350 vs 3570(k) is concerned. I can't ever imagine an 8350 beating a 3770(k) though...
05-02-2013, 06:37 PM #16
Toke
PC Master Race
It pretty much depends on the game's handling or lack thereof of multithreading as far as 8350 vs 3570(k) is concerned. I can't ever imagine an 8350 beating a 3770(k) though...

it does and when it does its pretty bad in some games

his information is actually quite accurate with many things
05-02-2013, 07:09 PM #17
it does and when it does its pretty bad in some games

his information is actually quite accurate with many things

It didn't beat the 3770k once, but it's still really, really good value. I do try and recommend an 8350 when I can, given that the next gen consoles support multithreading and therefore you'd expect it to be utilized heavily over the next few years.

Quick note: I'm a fan of Tek Syndicate, but it seems like he missed out the 3770k's scores specifically on the games where it would have dominated.
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM #18
Toke
PC Master Race
It didn't beat the 3770k once, but it's still really, really good value. I do try and recommend an 8350 when I can, given that the next gen consoles support multithreading and therefore you'd expect it to be utilized heavily over the next few years.

Quick note: I'm a fan of Tek Syndicate, but it seems like he missed out the 3770k's scores specifically on the games where it would have dominated.

ok it beats the i5 i made a point it can shit on a newest gen quad from intel, now overclock that to 5ghz, and get a nice 990fx for your money and save money towards a nicer case, ssd, or games Happy
05-03-2013, 02:15 AM #19
ivisionz
Gym leader

I still like intel better even if the 8350 gets like 3 fps better in some games. I've had bad experiences with AMD, they just seem cheap. I pulled the heatsink off an FX4170 in my brothers pc and the whole thing came out and pins got bent on the cpu. Don't have to worry about that with Intel's sturdy socket. Not to mention quad channel memory, PCIe 3.0 (Only 1 mobo has it on AMD), less power draw, etc. These may seem like small things with minimal performance increase but still I like intel better. Counter argument?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo