06-04-2013, 01:50 AM #1
ClutchNastii671
★ Eat Clen Tren Hard ★
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Didn't know where to put this thread so mods go ahead and move it if you need to Upside Down Happy

I'm looking to get new a laptop for school, but don't know which one to get. lol so any help would be appreciated :kiss:

• Price should be under $500
  • No mini's

Thinking about getting this one:
HP Envy dv6-7210us 15.6-Inch Laptop (on sale for 499.99)

No mac books... I'm not a hipster trying to show off
Last edited by ClutchNastii671 ; 06-04-2013 at 01:59 AM.
06-04-2013, 02:54 AM #2
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
Hp has really gone down the shitter with laptops, I almost avoid them like dell anything lol.
I will look around @ the 500 mark, I do know a good one @ the 1000 mark Happy.
06-04-2013, 04:52 AM #3
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
You are only going to get something decent with about 500$. Don't expect to really play any games, video editing, etc. It would be mainly a internet, school, and minor use system. (Kinda odd to say but the new software now requires more power).

If you want something to play games, etc; save up another few hundred and buy it. I'm waiting for my months earnings to come in which will put me at, 820$. I'm looking at a pretty good dell computer for about 1,100 after taxes.. (fuck California)... It doesn't come with a blueray burner and the model up for an extra 150$ only comes with a bluray reader. Will just buy a burner and install it myself.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Pichu ; 06-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.
06-04-2013, 04:54 AM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ClutchNastii671 View Post
Didn't know where to put this thread so mods go ahead and move it if you need to Upside Down Happy

I'm looking to get new a laptop for school, but don't know which one to get. lol so any help would be appreciated :kiss:

• Price should be under $500
  • No mini's

Thinking about getting this one:
HP Envy dv6-7210us 15.6-Inch Laptop (on sale for 499.99)

No mac books... I'm not a hipster trying to show off

You must login or register to view this content. even though i would recomend building a desktop as well they last longer and are higher quality that is a great laptop

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Originally posted by Pichu View Post
You are only going to get something decent with about 500$. Don't expect to really play any games, video editing, etc. It would be mainly a internet, school, and minor use system. (Kinda odd to say but the new software now requires more power).

If you want something to play games, etc; save up another few hundred and buy it. I'm waiting for my months earnings to come in which will put me at, 820$. I'm looking at a pretty good dell computer for about 1,100 after taxes.. (fuck California)... It doesn't come with a blueray burner as adding one of those for some reason adds 400$ to the total cost...

run far away from that dell
06-04-2013, 05:22 AM #5
ClutchNastii671
★ Eat Clen Tren Hard ★

If you want something to play games, etc; save up another few hundred and buy it. I'm waiting for my months earnings to come in which will put me at, 820$. I'm looking at a pretty good dell computer for about 1,100 after taxes.. (fuck California)... It doesn't come with a blueray burner and the model up for an extra 150$ only comes with a bluray reader. Will just buy a burner and install it myself.

I hate pc gaming anyways.... it's for school so basically just browsing the net and notes ($1000 for a laptop?? no thanks jeff haha)

Originally posted by Toke View Post
i would recomend building a desktop as well they last longer and are higher quality that is a great laptop

i want a laptop because i need to take it with me to school lol... i already have a mac desktop.... so what are the brands to stay away from?

thanks for the help tho guys Smile
06-04-2013, 05:36 AM #6
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
Toke you actually recommended a good product for once +Nice!
Lenovo makes good systems always recommend them.
If you want a Acer with a dedicated video card so you can kinda play some games *7670M Ati*
It's also under $500, with pretty good reviews. - You must login or register to view this content.

I look around a little more. There's a few sites I need to check.
06-04-2013, 05:36 AM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
I hate pc gaming anyways.... it's for school so basically just browsing the net and notes ($1000 for a laptop?? no thanks jeff haha)

i want a laptop because i need to take it with me to school lol... i already have a mac desktop.... so what are the brands to stay away from?

acer dell, HP that lenovo i linked you is a nice one as most lenovos are, its just for school look into a samsung chromebook, its similar to the macbook air has a ssd, a good keyboard and has microsoft office style apps and is small light and cheap You must login or register to view this content.
06-04-2013, 05:40 AM #8
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Toke View Post

run far away from that dell

It's a base for what I more of want as for specs. As for Dell, I have no issue with Dell to be honest; a lot of my good mates use Dell and not a single issue has been made.

Btw, I'm actually going to be going down to Fry's and getting my laptop there. I live only an hour and 15 minutes away from there and I usually am in that area 5-6 times a month during summer. ^_^

Meh, I have a PS3 but I want a laptop that will give me more of everything but isn't too damn expensive but isn't powered down either. My current computer is limited based upon it's graphics card, there is no room to put a new graphics in it because of the setup so yea.

1,000$ for a very good laptop is actually worth it in my opinion when you consider portability. I'm looking more into being able to move around and get myself out of my house while have a great amount of power. Although Desktop is more powerful that a laptop, I can still get a lot done with it.

I'm in college so at times I have downtime where there is nothing I can really even do and I just sit there for 2 hours or so; I might play my 3DS but I'd like other option lol.
06-04-2013, 05:43 AM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
It's a base for what I more of want as for specs. As for Dell, I have no issue with Dell to be honest; a lot of my good mates use Dell and not a single issue has been made.

Btw, I'm actually going to be going down to Fry's and getting my laptop there. I live only an hour and 15 minutes away from there and I usually am in that area 5-6 times a month during summer. ^_^

Meh, I have a PS3 but I want a laptop that will give me more of everything but isn't too damn expensive but isn't powered down either. My current computer is limited based upon it's graphics card, there is no room to put a new graphics in it because of the setup so yea.

1,000$ for a very good laptop is actually worth it in my opinion when you consider portability. I'm looking more into being able to move around and get myself out of my house while have a great amount of power. Although Desktop is more powerful that a laptop, I can still get a lot done with it.

I'm in college so at times I have downtime where there is nothing I can really even do and I just sit there for 2 hours or so; I might play my 3DS but I'd like other option lol.

i had a inspiron when they first came out with the colored lids, when dells where good and it was bad it started to randomly shutoff and i replaced it after 2 years
06-04-2013, 06:14 AM #10
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
If you want a good powerful $1k laptop I would go with the You must login or register to view this content. (dual gpu's) You won't find anything better until the $1200-1450 mark after that laptop.

I also highly recommend staying away from blu-ray on PC. I mean it.
I can't say much on dell laptops, but if they treat their desktop parts like they do their laptops I would stay far away. In case something goes bad you have to replace it with another dell part or it won't work. Plus dell parts are plagued with defects over the years.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo