06-04-2013, 01:50 AM #1
ClutchNastii671
★ Eat Clen Tren Hard ★
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Didn't know where to put this thread so mods go ahead and move it if you need to Upside Down Happy

I'm looking to get new a laptop for school, but don't know which one to get. lol so any help would be appreciated :kiss:

• Price should be under $500
  • No mini's

Thinking about getting this one:
HP Envy dv6-7210us 15.6-Inch Laptop (on sale for 499.99)

No mac books... I'm not a hipster trying to show off
Last edited by ClutchNastii671 ; 06-04-2013 at 01:59 AM.
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM #20
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Toke View Post
overpriced case, get a bitfenix merc and get that 150 haswell i5 u showed me

Yeah I had that previously saved when it was only 19.99.
06-04-2013, 08:47 PM #21
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Millz View Post
Yeah I had that previously saved when it was only 19.99.

i know i just cleaned mine out of the 30 some i had
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM #22
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
He means without a graphics card or a very cheap one just to have it. You don't need anything over HD 3000 or HD 4000 to use a computer for school work/light gaming. Hell HD 4000 on my Macbook Air can handle LoL fine.

If you want a super chepo 500 ish rig, here you go You must login or register to view this content.

Not even going for a desktop build, going for a laptop. I'm wanting portability, although it will cut down power for some extra cash that I'm willing to spend, I'll get something that will serve me well and do what I wish while I'm in college.
06-04-2013, 11:25 PM #23
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
Not even going for a desktop build, going for a laptop. I'm wanting portability, although it will cut down power for some extra cash that I'm willing to spend, I'll get something that will serve me well and do what I wish while I'm in college.

The last part was directed at the OP in case he wanted to change his mind Winky Winky
06-05-2013, 12:30 AM #24
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
The last part was directed at the OP in case he wanted to change his mind Winky Winky

Ah, thought it was for me. ^_^

Well, I located a pretty good laptop for myself although it's sold out:

You must login or register to view this content.

Still trying to find something though that will be more capable to upgrading. A lot of these slim computers, etc don't allow or are difficult to upgrade. What I've found nice about Dell is they tend to be more on the side of easier installation and support of newer hardware by not squeezing everything. The only difference may be is that they add an extra pound to the total weight... which I don't get why people bitch...

Oh wow, 6.5 lbs and yours is 7.1 lbs... Fuck, that's nothing.... yet I hear people bitch about the difference lol.
(Not real weights just random amounts that popped into my head lol)
06-05-2013, 01:28 AM #25
Toke
PC Master Race
Ah, thought it was for me. ^_^

Well, I located a pretty good laptop for myself although it's sold out:

You must login or register to view this content.

Still trying to find something though that will be more capable to upgrading. A lot of these slim computers, etc don't allow or are difficult to upgrade. What I've found nice about Dell is they tend to be more on the side of easier installation and support of newer hardware by not squeezing everything. The only difference may be is that they add an extra pound to the total weight... which I don't get why people bitch...

Oh wow, 6.5 lbs and yours is 7.1 lbs... Fuck, that's nothing.... yet I hear people bitch about the difference lol.
(Not real weights just random amounts that popped into my head lol)

good laptop but its a tank as its a gaming laptop i would have a decent laptop $500 and a desktop to do my heavy tasks
06-05-2013, 02:14 AM #26
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
good laptop but its a tank as its a gaming laptop i would have a decent laptop $500 and a desktop to do my heavy tasks

I would too but you keep forgetting what my intentions are; portability. I'm looking to move around and use something that will serve me well.

Hell, if I wasn't interested in a laptop, I'd buy a beast of a desktop.
06-05-2013, 02:38 AM #27
Toke
PC Master Race
I would too but you keep forgetting what my intentions are; portability. I'm looking to move around and use something that will serve me well.

Hell, if I wasn't interested in a laptop, I'd buy a beast of a desktop.

get both as a desktop is easier to upgrade and fix, that laptop is neither of those 2 get a lenovo thats like $600 with a i5 and a gtx 635 and build a i7 render rig or whatever u do
06-05-2013, 07:03 AM #28
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
get both as a desktop is easier to upgrade and fix, that laptop is neither of those 2 get a lenovo thats like $600 with a i5 and a gtx 635 and build a i7 render rig or whatever u do

Nah, I'm going with the laptop. It will serve me well and do as I wish. My dad is looking into building a nice rig so I'd be able to use his when I really need the power.

Btw, i7 4th gen is out. AMD has their 8 core.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo