12-22-2014, 02:16 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, I am considering building a gaming pc, And i don't have that much knowledge in building custom pc's but i need your help with what i should replace because there are somethings that i am super confused with so here's the list, I didn't make this one on pcpartpicker because for some odd reason they don't have alot of motherboards.. I mean i found only 40 motherboard there and last time i remember tons of motherboards exist not only 40.. But enough talking and lets get to the list:

CPU

You must login or register to view this content.

241$

CPU Cooler

Intel Core i5 3570k

112$

Motherboard

140$

Ram

164$

Storage

132$

512 GB SSD

189$

GPU

559$

Case

231$

PSU

107$

Operating System

101$

Monitor

174$

How much would all of this cost:

2150$

Let me know what should i replace and if its good! Happy Have a nice day everyone.
Last edited by Shimshi ; 12-23-2014 at 10:48 AM.
12-22-2014, 10:01 PM #2
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
I'm not a fan of the case or Windows 8. Everything else is fine in my opinion.

The following user thanked kciN for this useful post:

Shimshi
12-23-2014, 04:26 AM #3
jagex
Gym leader
850w overkill to the max

if you only planning on using a single 980, get a 650w instead, heck even a good 530w would work

Are you planning on overclocking? If not, then I would drop that cpu cooler. Also remember k version are unlocked and non k versions are locked meaning you can't overclock

I would also drop the 980 to a 970. An extra $200 for 10% performance increase is not worth it on a 1080p monitor. Heck even if you are getting a monitor with a resoultion greater than 1920x1080 I would still drop the 980 for 2 970's which would give way more performance than the 980 for the same price.

There are a lot of motherboards but certain motherboards can only fit amd cpu sockets and some can only fit intel cpu sockets.

If you getting the latest haswell processors you have to make sure the mobo is LGA1150

for the 970/980 I would go for the gigabyte one since its the coolest (temp wise) and has the highest overclock potential, but the card is massive so you have to make sure it fits in your case. The second one I would go for is the MSI G1 gaming (which I have myself). I love EVGA but there 970/980 have been having a lot of problems. Not sure if they addressed it though.
Last edited by jagex ; 12-23-2014 at 04:31 AM.
12-23-2014, 09:51 AM #4
Originally posted by jagex View Post
850w overkill to the max

if you only planning on using a single 980, get a 650w instead, heck even a good 530w would work

Are you planning on overclocking? If not, then I would drop that cpu cooler. Also remember k version are unlocked and non k versions are locked meaning you can't overclock

I would also drop the 980 to a 970. An extra $200 for 10% performance increase is not worth it on a 1080p monitor. Heck even if you are getting a monitor with a resoultion greater than 1920x1080 I would still drop the 980 for 2 970's which would give way more performance than the 980 for the same price.

There are a lot of motherboards but certain motherboards can only fit amd cpu sockets and some can only fit intel cpu sockets.

If you getting the latest haswell processors you have to make sure the mobo is LGA1150

for the 970/980 I would go for the gigabyte one since its the coolest (temp wise) and has the highest overclock potential, but the card is massive so you have to make sure it fits in your case. The second one I would go for is the MSI G1 gaming (which I have myself). I love EVGA but there 970/980 have been having a lot of problems. Not sure if they addressed it though.

Thank you for your suggestions! And yes, I am planning to overclock and i have been thinking of getting two 780ti's OR 2 780ti's K|ngP|n edition by EVGA. And the case i am planning to get is big enough for the gpu to fit in, And i was planning to get an Asus mobo, But ehh.. I'm super confused..
12-23-2014, 02:49 PM #5
jagex
Gym leader
Originally posted by Shimshi View Post
Thank you for your suggestions! And yes, I am planning to overclock and i have been thinking of getting two 780ti's OR 2 780ti's K|ngP|n edition by EVGA. And the case i am planning to get is big enough for the gpu to fit in, And i was planning to get an Asus mobo, But ehh.. I'm super confused..

Asus mobo good choice, don't cheap out on it and get the entry level ones as they aren't good for overclocking.

I would seriously scrap the two 780ti's for a 970 sli setup. I hope you plan on running at resolutions higher than 1080p if you going with sli setup or it will be complete waste of money lol xD.
12-23-2014, 03:48 PM #6
Originally posted by jagex View Post
Asus mobo good choice, don't cheap out on it and get the entry level ones as they aren't good for overclocking.

I would seriously scrap the two 780ti's for a 970 sli setup. I hope you plan on running at resolutions higher than 1080p if you going with sli setup or it will be complete waste of money lol xD.

I am planning on getting a 4k monitor in some time, But first i am focusing on the custom pc, Then i can focus on the 4k monitor.
12-23-2014, 05:19 PM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Hello everyone, I am considering building a gaming pc, And i don't have that much knowledge in building custom pc's but i need your help with what i should replace because there are somethings that i am super confused with so here's the list, I didn't make this one on pcpartpicker because for some odd reason they don't have alot of motherboards.. I mean i found only 40 motherboard there and last time i remember tons of motherboards exist not only 40.. But enough talking and lets get to the list:

CPU

241$

CPU Cooler

Intel Core i5 3570k

112$

Motherboard

140$

Ram

164$

Storage

132$

512 GB SSD

189$

GPU

559$

Case

231$

PSU

107$

Operating System

101$

Monitor

174$

How much would all of this cost:

2150$

Let me know what should i replace and if its good! Happy Have a nice day everyone.

If you want a SLI setup go with 970s over 780 TI.
First off it cheaper along with better performance for the power usage.
980s not worth it for 10% increase performance in power for 50% more cost.

900 series give you damn good performance for power useage, just remember that not every game is suitable for 4k yet. Certain games don't scale that good at all or programs for that matter. I would only go with a SLI setup if you want anything higher compared to 1080P so 2k and 4K. You may be able to hit 60 FPS but not on max settings all the time.

Mobo also needs to support SLI Winky Winky

If you do SLI you need to remember your CPU CAN BECOME A BOTTLENECK so you may want to OC that baby.

Also that case is ugly :p
You can make a list on part picker.com that easy to handle and save. Not everything item is listed on that site.
Cases are a personal thing but certain ones are designed for certain things.

nzxt h440
Fractal Design Define R4
Corsair have a series of cases
Go look up some cases and find a under boxing video.

I would go with a nice 2K build but that me Smile
12-23-2014, 06:00 PM #8
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

900 series give you damn good performance for power useage, just remember that not every game is suitable for 4k yet. Certain games don't scale that good at all or programs for that matter. I would only go with a SLI setup if you want anything higher compared to 1080P so 2k and 4K. You may be able to hit 60 FPS but not on max settings all the time.

If you do SLI you need to remember your CPU CAN BECOME A BOTTLENECK so you may want to OC that baby.

You can make a list on part picker.com that easy to handle and save. Not everything item is listed on that site.

nzxt h440
Fractal Design Define R4

I personally think it looks awesome, Depends on your taste tho, There are some better looking cases and i am thinking of replacing it with the Bitfenix Ghost, Its super quit and generally its really good, And on pcpartpicker i couldn't find good mobo's, I found like 40 only.. I don't know why but i'll check the problem out.
12-23-2014, 07:20 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race

to use kingpins to there potential you need a much better motherboard, maybe a msi max ac or a asus formula and if going 4k get 2 8gb 290x's from saphire because more vram is basically future proofing with all the shit console ports and such
12-23-2014, 07:20 PM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

nzxt h440
Fractal Design Define R4

that thermatake case is easily one of the best cases for air cooling ever made. its a fucking beast

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Shimshi

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo