12-22-2014, 02:16 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, I am considering building a gaming pc, And i don't have that much knowledge in building custom pc's but i need your help with what i should replace because there are somethings that i am super confused with so here's the list, I didn't make this one on pcpartpicker because for some odd reason they don't have alot of motherboards.. I mean i found only 40 motherboard there and last time i remember tons of motherboards exist not only 40.. But enough talking and lets get to the list:

CPU

You must login or register to view this content.

241$

CPU Cooler

Intel Core i5 3570k

112$

Motherboard

140$

Ram

164$

Storage

132$

512 GB SSD

189$

GPU

559$

Case

231$

PSU

107$

Operating System

101$

Monitor

174$

How much would all of this cost:

2150$

Let me know what should i replace and if its good! Happy Have a nice day everyone.
Last edited by Shimshi ; 12-23-2014 at 10:48 AM.
12-30-2014, 12:34 AM #20
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Shimshi View Post
I know, And yes its my first pc ever, I have a laptop and i game on it, So far i know a thing or two about overclocking and SLI, But the thing is.. I want a pc that would play games at 4k and has an average of 50-60 frames, I might go with a gsync monitor if you recommend the 3-way 980's, But what i am really interested in is the 295x2 in 2-way sli, That's like having 290x in 4-way crossfire, And it would do an astonishing job at playing games at 4k resolution.. This is really frustrating i never knew choosing a GPU is this hard.. >.<

4k is still a distances away. there is only 2 4k monitors id even think about owning. both are ips. and a 2 295x2's is 4 way crossfire. so yea have fun with drivers and other annoyances. id go with a 2560x1440p monitor and a single 980. its simple and drivers wont be a issue and still have great picture and not suffer the horrible scaling you get with 4k. 4k is nice for gaming and thats about it when u open programs and have to squint with your face 1ft to the monitor to read text isnt a good expirence
Last edited by Toke ; 12-30-2014 at 02:26 AM.
12-30-2014, 02:44 AM #21
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Toke View Post
4k is still a distances away. there is only 2 4k monitors id even think about owning. both are ips. and a 2 295x2's is 4 way crossfire. so yea have fun with drivers and other annoyances. id go with a 2560x1440p monitor and a single 980. its simple and drivers wont be a issue and still have great picture and not suffer the horrible scaling you get with 4k. 4k is nice for gaming and thats about it when u open programs and have to squint with your face 1ft to the monitor to read text isnt a good expirence

Finally someone who knows whats up, i 100% agree with you 4k might be a thing in a few years or so but yea to Shimshi go for a 1440p over 4k
12-30-2014, 02:47 AM #22
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by KAOSxGaming View Post
Finally someone who knows whats up, i 100% agree with you 4k might be a thing in a few years or so but yea to Shimshi go for a 1440p over 4k

its only a year or two away from being the next thing
12-30-2014, 11:08 AM #23
Id go with a 1440p 144hz monitor its best pure gaming monitor out since u have alot of emphasis on gaming and spending more then u need too

Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Mobos depend on the CPU :p
One thing to say I would go with 2K gaming over 4K for now.
Case for me is ugly I rather go with a minimum looking case, who knows maybe it great for air flow.

Also 980s are on offer in the UK for £90 more compared to the 970s. Let me know if you want the link

I agree with you that 4k is new and we are still in the process of creating GPU's that would smoothly run 4k.
12-30-2014, 12:02 PM #24
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Shimshi View Post
I agree with you that 4k is new and we are still in the process of creating GPU's that would smoothly run 4k.

4k is still quite new and won't be the standard for some time, couple of reasons not just the GPU load. Years off I mean about 10 years maybe even 5 at a push.
1440P on the other hand is wise choice it only half the resolution.
If you want some good framerate need quite a good set of GPUs to pull it off. Most games on high settings even at 1440p looking at 30fps, 4K even worse.

You can save so much money by building a 1080P machine which you get a decent display with it.
Can also build a 1440P machine at a push if you wanted with a display.

Every time you up the res you increase the load on the GPU simple way of explaining it, throw in frames per second you need to increase the power even more.
1080p at 30fps half the load of 60fps
1440p 30fps twice the load of 1080p 60fps
4K at 30fps x4 the load of 1080p 60fps
4K at 60fps twice the load of 4K 30fps

Some games work quite well on 1440P with a good framerate in SLI or cross fire.
I would go with a 970 SLI setup unless you picked up the 980s which not sure are on offer.
12-30-2014, 07:41 PM #25
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
4k is still quite new and won't be the standard for some time, couple of reasons not just the GPU load. Years off I mean about 10 years maybe even 5 at a push.
1440P on the other hand is wise choice it only half the resolution.
If you want some good framerate need quite a good set of GPUs to pull it off. Most games on high settings even at 1440p looking at 30fps, 4K even worse.

You can save so much money by building a 1080P machine which you get a decent display with it.
Can also build a 1440P machine at a push if you wanted with a display.

Every time you up the res you increase the load on the GPU simple way of explaining it, throw in frames per second you need to increase the power even more.
1080p at 30fps half the load of 60fps
1440p 30fps twice the load of 1080p 60fps
4K at 30fps twice the load of 1080p 60fps
4K at 60fps twice the load of 4K 30fps

i just said that 1440p because
1. cheaper
2. still looks really good
3. avalible in ips or tn 144hz
4. still scales decently in windows
5. big enough to have 2 full windows open side by side to do nice multitasking

you do bring up some good points 4k is hard to run and keep good fps while not running on low/medium

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo