08-19-2010, 07:01 AM #1
Jake
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

A hacker on YouTube has claimed that he is testing the worlds first PS3 mod-chip. According to the hacker, the games can be loaded off an external memory device, and it supports all firmwares. He points out that it is still in testing stages, but nothing has been proved as of yet.

First Mod-Chip?

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqYorUwbG7k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Worlds First Ps3 modchip??[/ame]

Playstation 3 Game Dumping

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6DxvQk0oJI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Ps3 Game Dumping[/ame]

So what do you think, fake or legit?
[/B]

Source: [url=youtube.com]Youtube[/url]
Last edited by Jake ; 08-19-2010 at 07:05 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Jake for this useful post:

Ronye West, CASHANADA, Honeybro, Mr.Kane, Smokin420
08-21-2010, 12:03 AM #74
Gaia
Former Staff
Originally posted by in View Post
someone posted this already or was you on it first?

It mainly the 'News Reporter' job to post news, not other members, but they are free to, News Reporters can also copy your information and give you credit for it, or they can read all your information and put it into there own words.... that what I red from one of the Rules, or was it from a Super Mod?
08-21-2010, 12:46 AM #75
DarkGeneRaL_
Are you high?
Yes they will probably fix this with an update and then you won't be able to use it unless you didnt want to use the psn or care about collecting trophies or playing the newest games. Is just going to be like the xbox360 where they will banned you.
Last edited by DarkGeneRaL_ ; 08-21-2010 at 07:46 AM.
08-21-2010, 12:49 AM #76
Big Poppa Bren
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
i know its 100% real, i just don't believe you have one yet unless your an aussie.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

where from m8? i'm from uk aswell

i have pre ordered from oz modchips mate, i have had gear off them before, and there 100% legit

The following user thanked Big Poppa Bren for this useful post:

DEREKTROTTER
08-21-2010, 02:17 AM #77
St3ven
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by brendanj9554 View Post
i have pre ordered from oz modchips mate, i have had gear off them before, and there 100% legit

tell us if it works when u recieve it Happy and if u can please leak the files on the modchip/usb drive thanks!
08-21-2010, 02:17 AM #78
ryan saa
At least I can fight
i would wait till sony updates the PS3, and see how long it takes to update the dongle and to see if they can. im also hoping they find away of getting free psn stuff like back when the PS3 FW:1.6 days
08-21-2010, 05:58 AM #79
niceeeeeeee
08-21-2010, 08:24 AM #80
Originally posted by in View Post
tell us if it works when u recieve it Happy and if u can please leak the files on the modchip/usb drive thanks!

Hahaha, that would be great if possible. So far I've seen dev's say that it's a jig that has to respond to a challenge request so it won't be a normal usb stick with files. People may release specs so that you can create your own with an arduino or something but I highly doubt it. They'll probably just mass market it under a different name and sell for less Smile
08-21-2010, 09:53 AM #81
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by killer007 View Post
for some reason once you pull out the ps doogle thing.. your backup will not work anymore...

so you cannot load your backup take out the doogle so sony will not know its a backup?
08-21-2010, 10:45 AM #82
Martins59
Do a barrel roll!
This is awesome, my little baby is being hacked Claps

The only downside is FAT32, if any game as a file with 4GB+, like MGS4, the backup will not work, plus, if you don't have any friends to give you games for you to backup then you must buy second hand games, do the backup and then sell them.

I think this is not a fake because it has been tested by a lot of people, i even saw on youtube one french guy testing it.

It could always be a fake, but if you think about it sony has nothing to lose with this, and maybe sony is involved, these guys come with a simple pendrive thats used by sony and saying that this works better with the latest FW, when the latest FW hasn't even came out 1 month ago. This is strange, and just like sony didn't sue geohot like they said they would, i don't think they will answer this hack with any drastic FW update.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo