Post: Court Ordered Temporary Restraining Order Granted Against Geohot
01-28-2011, 12:47 AM #1
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

My how the tables have turned once again. A surprising turn of events occurred the other day. In regards with the court case between George Hotz (Geohot) and the Sony Corporation. The Judge overhearing the case actually went into the favor of Sony Corporation.

The judge decided California did indeed have jurisdiction of the case and granted Sony's request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) against George Hotz.

What does this mean? It means that he has to surrender his PC's, PlayStation 3 consoles and just basically anything he used while hacking into the PlayStation 3 console/gaming equipment.

So in this thread I would like to see what your comments about this is. Do you feel bad for him or do you agree? Can't wait to see what you guys have to comment on.

You can Read more by Downloading the Legal Documents You must login or register to view this content.

Any More Information Regarding these issues can be found You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
01-28-2011, 07:16 PM #56
Okay, I personally haven't read the TRO or any of the documents on GeoHot's website geohot.com, but I have a question. If the TRO that the court has ordered against him is stating that all harddrives/computers and PS's and such are to be given to Sony, doesn't this mean that, I mean basically if he wanted to he could (not simply) but reconfigure a new JailBreak and such for 3.56 and beyond being as it is not part of the TRO? The new JB being made on a computer that he himself bought after the TRO was ordered? Or would this be included? Thanks if anyone reply's. And sorry for such a long ass post :angel:
01-28-2011, 07:24 PM #57
are you kiding me theyre just bullying him now , why ,why the need to take it away, theyre just paranoid bullies that know theyre in a tight spot, this isnt even me ranting of what geohot is doing for ps3 its because of the feeling i am getting from the lack of justice in the ruling for a restraining order on this kind of B.S.
01-28-2011, 07:29 PM #58
Originally posted by xTurtleBeach
are you kiding me theyre just bullying him now , why ,why the need to take it away, theyre just paranoid bullies that know theyre in a tight spot, this isnt even me ranting of what geohot is doing for ps3 its because of the feeling i am getting from the lack of justice in the ruling for a restraining order on this kind of B.S.

To me and i'm sure(not positive) It looks like $ony is doing this to state to other people that may try to hack or create a hack like GeoHot that this is what their punishment will be... It makes sense if you look at it like that.. :jim:
01-28-2011, 07:37 PM #59
Originally posted by RedBK View Post
To me and i'm sure(not positive) It looks like $ony is doing this to state to other people that may try to hack or create a hack like GeoHot that this is what their punishment will be... It makes sense if you look at it like that.. :jim:

Please help me out with a little clarification? Theyll get sued, because i remeber posting somewhere elese that i think they cant sue for the same reason on a diffrent person or something like that but what they did was remove all forms of communication from him that could possible help him obtain evidence(i think) :plank:
01-28-2011, 07:49 PM #60
Originally posted by xTurtleBeach
Please help me out with a little clarification? Theyll get sued, because i remeber posting somewhere elese that i think they cant sue for the same reason on a diffrent person or something like that but what they did was remove all forms of communication from him that could possible help him obtain evidence(i think) :plank:

What I was meaning by my last post was, is that $ony is setting GeoHot as an example of what not to do basically.. They are stating that hacking the PS3 console is a bad thing and you may possibly get sued for it..
Though as with him and the iPhone stuff, I fail to see the difference in the stuff.. It's basically the same thing just on a console that the person who BOUGHT it is the owner and may do what they wish with it.. Not the other way around like @pple is still trying to push through and that $ony is now trying and for the moment winning it. Did I help clarify? I'm not trying to be a smart ass. Genuinely wondering if I helped.
01-28-2011, 07:59 PM #61
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Hope he goes to jail
01-28-2011, 08:01 PM #62
Originally posted by RedBK View Post
What I was meaning by my last post was, is that $ony is setting GeoHot as an example of what not to do basically.. They are stating that hacking the PS3 console is a bad thing and you may possibly get sued for it..
Though as with him and the iPhone stuff, I fail to see the difference in the stuff.. It's basically the same thing just on a console that the person who BOUGHT it is the owner and may do what they wish with it.. Not the other way around like @pple is still trying to push through and that $ony is now trying and for the moment winning it. Did I help clarify? I'm not trying to be a smart ass. Genuinely wondering if I helped.

oh ok thank you i understand what youre saying!
01-28-2011, 08:07 PM #63
HecmanHD
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by BiNaRY
No, I hate kids/people who download programs off the internet and say "I'M A HACKER"!.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Actually I don't download hacking programs off the internet, never have.

Ok so stop talking s**t and get a life!!!
01-28-2011, 08:15 PM #64
-Skyline
Anonymous
Just like Man UTD's Manager paying off the Officials, Sony have done the same, bastards.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo