01-26-2015, 07:01 AM #1
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Please can someone help? I brought a few ps3s of a man, anyway here are the problems, the ps3 boots up and stays on fine, there's no picture no sound, when I go to put it into safe mode it just turns off so there's no beeps, this ps3 has no blu ray drive in it but I don't think it makes a difference, also I noticed there was what seemed to be something spilt on the board that I have wiped of to the best of my ability!

Is this bricked? How can I fix this?
01-28-2015, 07:43 PM #11
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Yeah I do mate, it also has no wireless or Bluetooth know how I can fix it also can you talk me through how to fix the system?
01-28-2015, 07:50 PM #12
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Ops wrong thread, ERM no I don't cause its nand and that sooGasp I have a video tho...
01-28-2015, 07:52 PM #13
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Originally posted by clayton2781 View Post
Yea i had thevsamebproblem but was able to just reinstall the cfw through recovery menu. Maybe you semi bricked by trying to install ofw over cfw. Do you have a flasher and your original dump of the console

Ignore the last comments mate I don't know what the systems on as when I brought I it wouldn't work so... But trying to fix it..?
01-29-2015, 01:01 PM #14
clayton2781
Bounty hunter
Hey bud sorry im slow to get back to you but i work long hours during the week. Ill be free this weekend though maybe i can help eliminate some things that may be causing this issue till then. I would start by taking known working items and swapping them between systems. Hard drive, blue ray, and anything else thats missing. You originally said something was spilt on the board. Was it around the cpu and gpu ? Maybe guy attempted a reflow with no luck ? He obviously used it as a parts machine for a reason.
01-29-2015, 03:20 PM #15
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Hey bud sorry im slow to get back to you but i work long hours during the week. Ill be free this weekend though maybe i can help eliminate some things that may be causing this issue till then. I would start by taking known working items and swapping them between systems. Hard drive, blue ray, and anything else thats missing. You originally said something was spilt on the board. Was it around the cpu and gpu ? Maybe guy attempted a reflow with no luck ? He obviously used it as a parts machine for a reason.

Yeah I was thinking the same it looks like it was split around the edges but nothing near the CPU or GPU but it was shitty thermal pasta on it so I put some arctic sliver mx-4 on it still no picture, also there no blu drive init but I did post a video on YouTube if you saw the link? Thanks for ya help mate
01-29-2015, 03:30 PM #16
keep hold of the power button until it bleeps again and see if that works it might have a different video output its probably not that but sometimes its the simple things that you forget to do pal
01-29-2015, 04:57 PM #17
clayton2781
Bounty hunter
Its not accessing the hard dribe on boot up though right ? Gotta be something hardware related
01-30-2015, 06:21 AM #18
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Braddersa15
keep hold of the power button until it bleeps again and see if that works it might have a different video output its probably not that but sometimes its the simple things that you forget to do pal

Mate iv said when I hold down the power it shuts down Winky Winky haha thanks tho bro
01-30-2015, 08:56 AM #19
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Its not accessing the hard dribe on boot up though right ? Gotta be something hardware related

Bricked Gasp

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo