Post: Regarding the "Call of Duty" Series/History/Discussion
02-10-2011, 01:06 AM #1
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hey guy's Reaper here and I thought I would get some of my input out for some discussion.

I myself started to play the Call Of Duty series back when they first started to get things going in like Cod4 and yes I have even played the older cods even. Lets see what else is out there. Velow are just the main titles. There are others like the Big red one but those are not main as what Wiki goes by. =D

Call of Duty

You must login or register to view this content.
Was released on October 29, 2003. The game was developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.

Call of Duty 2
It was released on October 25, 2005 for PC, June 13, 2006 for Mac OS X and November 15, 2005 for the Xbox 360. It was developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.

Call of Duty 3
Released on November 7, 2006, the game was developed by Treyarch, and was the first major installment in the Call of Duty series not to be developed by Infinity Ward. It was released on the PlayStation 2, Wii, Xbox, and Xbox 360. Also on PS3 NA November 14, 2006, EU March 23, 2007, AUS March 23, 2007.

Call of Duty: World at War
The game uses the same proprietary game engine as Call of Duty 4. Call of Duty: World at War was released for the PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 consoles and the Nintendo DS handheld in North America on November 11, 2008, and November 14, 2008 in Europe. As of June 2009, Call of Duty: World at War has sold over 11 million copies. Developed by Treyarch.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Is a 2010 first-person shooter video game developed by Treyarch and published by Activision for release on November 9, 2010. Officially announced on April 30, 2010, the game is the seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, the third game in the series to be developed by Treyarch, and the first game to take place during the Cold War and partially in the Vietnam War. It was initially only available for pre-order on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3; however, Activison has since confirmed that it will also be released for the Nintendo Wii as well as the Nintendo DS.

Modern Warefare Series

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Is the fourth installment of the main series, and was developed by Infinity Ward. It is the first game in the series not to be set during World War II, as well as the first to receive a Mature rating from the ESRB (except for the Nintendo DS version, which was rated Teen). The game was released for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on November 7, 2007. Download and retail versions for Mac OS X were released by Aspyr in September 2008. As of May 2009, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has sold over 13 million copies.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the sixth installment of the main series. It was developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. Activision Blizzard officially announced Modern Warfare 2 on February 11, 2009. The game was released worldwide on November 10, 2009, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows. A Nintendo DS of the game, titled Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized, was released alongside the game and the Wii port of Call of Duty : Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 is the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4 and continues the same storyline, taking place five years after the first game and featuring several returning characters including Captain Price and "Soap" MacTavish.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Soon to come! Smile

There have been add-ons and etc.. to these as we all know but let's to get to the discussion below.

Discussion

In this thread there will be a poll on which Game do you think was most successful/the one you liked the most.
I end up in the category of Starting to play the "Cod" Series was in World at War and in Cod4. I remember when those we 2 great games that were out. Always when I got home I use to Jump on Cod4 and W@W.

I know we all had great times if you ever played those call of duty games above but in the real fact look who started it all. Infinity Ward and published by Activision. Infinity ward knew what the customers wanted and so they got down to business and produced us the "Cod" Series for gamers.

After playing legit for awhile in those games but there was a nudge and we call those people the Modders and Hackers. I have no biggie with them at all. I can see why they do it because playing a legit game over and over can get boring so they decide to change it up a bit. It's fun when you get to see what you can actually do and make. It's only when they start to effect you in a negative way. Then the producers got smart and decided to patch lot's of things once they got big. That brings me to a question. What first mods do you guys remember? I remember doing the Cod4 Mods with the Usb and even the Ufo Hack. Then I can not forget the World at war mods via transfer cable with Hex Editor. I would like to see what you guy's have to say about all of this.

Then came the glitches and tricks and yes bring on the glitches and tricks. The old Cod4 bounces, Even the Elevators that people found. Those can get you out of the map. Just tricks even that would give you something to do.

I would like to hear all of your opinions on what you want to say. I loved all of these games and everything you could do with them but then here comes CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS. I'm not saying this is a bad game but seriously there is something wrong with it. I use to have that urge to play all the other Cod's up to this one. Black Ops does that have that feeling like the others did. These is like a joke to me this game. It's like they put it together real quick. What makes me mad is what they added to it before looking into other things. I mean really come on a "Report" Button? Wtf is that? They could have improved the graphics much more but no we have to put in a report button and features to ban people forever form this game. I thought at first this would be a great game but it is just not the same it is like a was expecting something bigger and better.

There is lot's more things that I can rant on about but I just wanted to get some things out there about the Series and see what is it like to you guy's?

All discussion is open for you to post it. I hope this thread means something to you. Much appreciation.

Sources: You must login or register to view this content.

Regards, Reaper :love:
Last edited by Reaper ; 02-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.

The following 20 users say thank you to Reaper for this useful post:

+Sfx Krush, chrisdogg, effinTyler, Elementt, Encopresis, frankaugurk, Bichote, juddylovespizza, Lucas Mace, Macdaddy4sure, Meow, Michael, Mr. Aimbot, Skyl1n3, Storm, uyi, VHS, xEazy-A, xpotato
02-10-2011, 01:39 AM #29
Sir
Reeferlution
COD 3 because you can drive cars and that was the first one I every played :y:
02-10-2011, 01:41 AM #30
Yeezus Christ
[move]Gk!A[/move]
I started the series with CoD 4, but i gotta say MW2 was my favorite CoD.CoD4 made gaming a hobby for me, but MW2 made me an addict!:p I mean CoD4 kept me busy,but MW2 kept me up all night.Alot of people may hate MW2 because of noobtubes,but in my opinion tubes were alot of fun to do across the map kills!Claps
Im hoping no one will attempt to hack MW2 after IW's new patch update:y:
Last edited by Yeezus Christ ; 02-10-2011 at 01:43 AM.
02-10-2011, 01:42 AM #31
Shootprado
Newton Nation 1
cod4 was the best
02-10-2011, 01:43 AM #32
WaW was my favorite cod, mainly because it lacked assault rifles. The game was also built for SnD and that is my favorite game mode.
02-10-2011, 01:58 AM #33
SBOSS
BIG BOSS BIGAVELI
COD4 was like oh shit this is hot but idk what im doing. Then Mw2 was like they arent fckn playing.
02-10-2011, 02:07 AM #34
AgentDragonPig
BLoODz-DrAgOn
WaW FTW! (yeah, i got into CoD on WaW) although I have played everyone of them (from CoD4 and up) I really enjoyed WaW the most. (Maybe because of who I played with) xD
02-10-2011, 02:13 AM #35
HtD
Dark Knight
I had MW1 first, but I grew up with WAW it was the first i got 10th prestige legit, mw2 being 2nd i got 10th prestige legit. Black ops is boooooring 2 me. :(
02-10-2011, 02:13 AM #36
NormL
Owner of The REAL eXp LLC
cod 4 was the best, it had the best gameplay, and better overall experience. the killstreaks was awesome, 3,5,7 and no customization with them. mw2 would be next, due to graphics and the guns. every game has pros and cons. but cod 4 would be best in my opinion.
02-10-2011, 02:25 AM #37
ohDetox
< ^ > < ^ >
cod 4 and mw2 <3 even though i hated mw2 alot but it was great looking back

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo