01-13-2012, 12:01 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i have a fat ps3. I have taken it apart and re-flowed it then added arctic silver 5 and reassembled it. Then i plugged it all up and i still get a yellow light of death. Can someone please tell me what u think the problem is.
01-13-2012, 12:20 AM #2
wardy
[move]Smilies bk plz[/move]
Originally posted by fluffyTHEnutsak View Post
i have a fat ps3. I have taken it apart and re-flowed it then added arctic silver 5 and reassembled it. Then i plugged it all up and i still get a yellow light of death. Can someone please tell me what u think the problem is.

I have one the same, im thinking it could be the power supply has burnt out and not in a rush to fix it so haven't checked it, could be the problem though
01-13-2012, 12:23 AM #3
Originally posted by gt
I have one the same, im thinking it could be the power supply has burnt out and not in a rush to fix it so haven't checked it, could be the problem though

ok thanks bro, but if you do end up finding out could you let me know if thats the reason
01-13-2012, 12:44 AM #4
wardy
[move]Smilies bk plz[/move]
Originally posted by fluffyTHEnutsak View Post
ok thanks bro, but if you do end up finding out could you let me know if thats the reason

Yea no problem :y:
01-13-2012, 12:48 AM #5
Originally posted by gt
Yea no problem :y:

ok i just had it runing for a little bit now, but after being on for like 5 sec the fan just randomly kicked on and went crazy...then shut down and went back to the ylod again :(
01-13-2012, 06:41 AM #6
BigTig000
Chinese Buffet
About 80% of the ylods are fixed by reflowing it. the 2nd problem to check is what wardy said, the power supply. They are cheap on eBay. Just type your mode number in. Did you put everything back together right? I know there is a hole for a screw when putting it back together if you put it in that hole it hits the motherboard and can cut some of the trace lines and mess things up (USBs ect). Not sure if that helps.

The following user thanked BigTig000 for this useful post:

fluffyTHEnutsak
01-13-2012, 09:45 PM #7
Originally posted by BigTig000 View Post
About 80% of the ylods are fixed by reflowing it. the 2nd problem to check is what wardy said, the power supply. They are cheap on eBay. Just type your mode number in. Did you put everything back together right? I know there is a hole for a screw when putting it back together if you put it in that hole it hits the motherboard and can cut some of the trace lines and mess things up (USBs ect). Not sure if that helps.

thanks bro, i put everything together right and i only used like 4 screws to hold some stuff down some im pretty sure it didnt cut anything
01-14-2012, 01:43 AM #8
BigTig000
Chinese Buffet
Its funny because one of the Ps3's that came in is doing the same thing. I switched power supplies and still the same thing. No visual problems at all........... So I am now in the process of doing another reflow which I am doubling the time for heating. We will see.. any luck with yours yet?
01-14-2012, 02:28 AM #9
Originally posted by BigTig000 View Post
Its funny because one of the Ps3's that came in is doing the same thing. I switched power supplies and still the same thing. No visual problems at all........... So I am now in the process of doing another reflow which I am doubling the time for heating. We will see.. any luck with yours yet?

nope, i have been messing with it all day...still no luck but if doubling the heating time does work 4 u plzz let me
01-14-2012, 03:06 AM #10
I had a phat PS3 that went YLOD, and I kept fixing using the hairdryer method, but then I decided to try the thermal paste method, but then when I assembled everything together, it wouldn't work at all. :argh: and then I tried it again to no avail, anybody have the same problem, or it just me?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo