02-22-2013, 03:51 PM #1
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was in my local game shop today pre ordering the PS4 and the employer let slip that they will notify me when stock counts were authorised to check whether I wanted the 500gb version or the 1tb version of the system. So by the looks of things there will be 2 versions of the console on release. He also stated the price would be around £370 I presume this would be for the 500gb. If I get any more info in the coming days I will update this thread.

The following 4 users say thank you to Mewtwo for this useful post:

Hadenkin, I'm Rudi, iiJoKa-x, Richard.
02-22-2013, 11:50 PM #20
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
Originally posted by Kidd
I hope so! That was my only complaint about the ps3.. When downloading it is capped and never uses my full bandwidth and it's been a long time since I've used my 360 so I cannot tell you if it uses my full connection.

I am seriously geek'd for this next generation of gaming!

Downloading for me on PS3 is much slower than on my Xbox, but Sony from the info we have available learnt from their mistakes this time around and with the backing of Gaikai I dont think the next gen Xbox is going to compare in terms of streaming. I cannot wait for the PS4! I just hope it lives up to the hype for a change.
02-22-2013, 11:52 PM #21
Toph.
Banned
Originally posted by JP View Post
This could be real or fake, but I doubt normal GameStop employee's know this information already to be honest. But if it's real, I'm definitely getting the 1TB!

HONESTLY! i doubt you would need a 1TB i think the 500GB is MORE than Enough considering gamesand other things dont take up nearly as much space at all.
02-22-2013, 11:57 PM #22
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
Originally posted by Rich. View Post
Honestly I am glad there might be a 1TB option as I have suffered for ages with my PS3 fat 80GB, I have loads of games and constantly have to delete to play others and a 1TB definitely needs to be purchased.

We will see closer to the date I guess Smile good post though Mewtwo.

1tb is definately needed for the next generation as standard especially as digital games will demand many more GB than they did back in 2006 with 40/60gb launch models. I think the 500gb may be implemented to so Sony can release a console at a very reasonable price to make up for the high prices of the PS3 so they cover all corners in terms of users. Just my thoughts though, in reality I would like to see bottom end 1tb with a 2tb option but again this could be seen a few years later with slim models. Thanks for the feedback Rich Happy
02-23-2013, 12:02 AM #23
Richard.
Won't be active..
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
1tb is definately needed for the next generation as standard especially as digital games will demand many more GB than they did back in 2006 with 40/60gb launch models. I think the 500gb may be implemented to so Sony can release a console at a very reasonable price to make up for the high prices of the PS3 so they cover all corners in terms of users. Just my thoughts though, in reality I would like to see bottom end 1tb with a 2tb option but again this could be seen a few years later with slim models. Thanks for the feedback Rich Happy

Definitely! realistically if the creators have been given so much to create the games they desire and with everything they throw in being it a 10hour game or a huge RPG game and maintaining sweet graphics and whatever they throw in then the GB download will most likely be huge, I honestly have no idea if any of what I just said might be true or how any of it works but it seems realistic enough.

Can honestly see some 30gb downloads going on!
02-23-2013, 12:04 AM #24
Lord Ike
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by Toph. View Post
HONESTLY! i doubt you would need a 1TB i think the 500GB is MORE than Enough considering gamesand other things dont take up nearly as much space at all.

Yes, for ps3 gaming it more then enough, for this generation of consoles anyway , but you have to take into consideration that the PS4 will have the capability to play massive PC like games due to the chip card it will have, but in order for the games to take full advantage of the PS4's capabilities means that the games will most likely take a massive amount of space to accommodate all thats running in the game.

tl;dr, in this time in age, especially for next generation consoles; 1GB should be the standard for gaming storage, at least for gaming a Sony console anyway.

The following user thanked Lord Ike for this useful post:

Toph.
02-23-2013, 12:06 AM #25
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
Originally posted by Rich. View Post
Definitely! realistically if the creators have been given so much to create the games they desire and with everything they throw in being it a 10hour game or a huge RPG game and maintaining sweet graphics and whatever they throw in then the GB download will most likely be huge, I honestly have no idea if any of what I just said might be true or how any of it works but it seems realistic enough.

Can honestly see some 30gb downloads going on!

Plus for example on Black Ops 2 you can install textures to HDD, I think on PS4 we may see alot of this too on many games and probably alot higher than 1gb

The following user thanked Mewtwo for this useful post:

Richard.
02-23-2013, 12:13 AM #26
Toph.
Banned
Originally posted by OmegaXXII View Post
Yes, for ps3 gaming it more then enough, for this generation of consoles anyway , but you have to take into consideration that the PS4 will have the capability to play massive PC like games due to the chip card it will have, but in order for the games to take full advantage of the PS4's capabilities means that the games will most likely take a massive amount of space to accommodate all thats running in the game.

tl;dr, in this time in age, especially for next generation consoles; 1GB should be the standard for gaming storage, at least for gaming a Sony console anyway.

no, i get your point and i did think about that before posting my comment. but think about it even with THE BEST PC how much space does a game take?? lets say you get a 500GB but the ps3 system itself consists of 100GB of system data with all the new improve ments, that still leaves you with 400GB towards games which are lets say 1GB each(not possible since games are usually like 50-200mb on ps3) that gives you the capability to play over 200 games(considering dlcs) and over 100 games(psn store downloads) and this is all theory based ofc and my opinion.

The following user thanked Toph. for this useful post:

Richard.
02-23-2013, 12:22 AM #27
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
Originally posted by Toph. View Post
no, i get your point and i did think about that before posting my comment. but think about it even with THE BEST PC how much space does a game take?? lets say you get a 500GB but the ps3 system itself consists of 100GB of system data with all the new improve ments, that still leaves you with 400GB towards games which are lets say 1GB each(not possible since games are usually like 50-200mb on ps3) that gives you the capability to play over 200 games(considering dlcs) and over 100 games(psn store downloads) and this is all theory based ofc and my opinion.

I think on PS4 we will see DLC hitting the 5gb mark and games around 20gb of course it could be much lower or even higher. Guess we will have to wait and see, its nice to speculate though. I do believe 1tb would be a very nice amount of memory though as games will only require more be it in 2-3 years time and id rather buy a futureproof console from launch.. unless of course it gets YLOD :P
02-23-2013, 12:24 AM #28
yea, i heard about that 1tb version as well

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo