02-22-2013, 03:51 PM #1
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was in my local game shop today pre ordering the PS4 and the employer let slip that they will notify me when stock counts were authorised to check whether I wanted the 500gb version or the 1tb version of the system. So by the looks of things there will be 2 versions of the console on release. He also stated the price would be around £370 I presume this would be for the 500gb. If I get any more info in the coming days I will update this thread.

The following 4 users say thank you to Mewtwo for this useful post:

Hadenkin, I'm Rudi, iiJoKa-x, Richard.
02-23-2013, 12:49 AM #29
Toph.
Banned
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
I think on PS4 we will see DLC hitting the 5gb mark and games around 20gb of course it could be much lower or even higher. Guess we will have to wait and see, its nice to speculate though. I do believe 1tb would be a very nice amount of memory though as games will only require more be it in 2-3 years time and id rather buy a futureproof console from launch.. unless of course it gets YLOD :P

WOAH! games at 20gb. man look at games now in the ps3 they are at 50-200MB do you really think they will jump 100x i doubt that and yea i can see your point onthe dlcs being 5gb thats reasonable
02-23-2013, 01:16 AM #30
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
Originally posted by Toph. View Post
HONESTLY! i doubt you would need a 1TB i think the 500GB is MORE than Enough considering gamesand other things dont take up nearly as much space at all.

I'll probably download most games, and they will be big as hell mate. I'd get it just in case!
02-23-2013, 06:03 AM #31
Lord Ike
Error… Cat invasion!
WOAH! games at 20gb. man look at games now in the ps3 they are at 50-200MB do you really think they will jump 100x i doubt that and yea i can see your point onthe dlcs being 5gb thats reasonable

Well, if you didnt know already, there are quite a few ps3 titles that are quite huge, such as Super Street Fighter 4 which is 18GB, I believe games from the PS4 will easily be higher if not equal to this, I guess we'll have to wait & see lol.
02-23-2013, 06:07 AM #32
divybc
Former Staff
I'll be getting myself the 500gb and replacing the HDD to my 2tb one.
02-23-2013, 06:25 AM #33
MadSkillz27
Bounty hunter
Lol! I have a 1.5 TB HD for my ps3. I'm going to go for 2 TB
02-23-2013, 04:33 PM #34
BlackReaperHD
CocainMatrixx
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
I was in my local game shop today pre ordering the PS4 and the employer let slip that they will notify me when stock counts were authorised to check whether I wanted the 500gb version or the 1tb version of the system. So by the looks of things there will be 2 versions of the console on release. He also stated the price would be around £370 I presume this would be for the 500gb. If I get any more info in the coming days I will update this thread.

I was today at Gamestop (germany) they told me that they know there will be a starter model with 120GB, this sounds not good,
but also they said that u were able to change the HDD/SDD
02-23-2013, 04:39 PM #35
nowadays with all the digital stuff big HD are a must.i have 320 on my ps3 and thats almost full. will probably go for the 1 TB if that is confirmed as an option for the PS4.
02-23-2013, 04:51 PM #36
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
You should all consider they may have also improved the compression software so that the games don't demand so much space...
02-23-2013, 09:05 PM #37
Mr Grumpy
< ^ > < ^ >

Are you serious? a Blu ray disc can hold around 20gb of data, the majority of PS3 games range from the 10gb-30gb size. If you meant game save sizes then I doubt they'll change from the ps3, maybe slightly but nothing to worry about.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo