03-10-2013, 10:19 PM #1
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I'm opening this thread up for speculation, or maybe it's been already been announced, but I haven't heard anything on whether PSN and PS3 related achievements and profiles will stay together on one network. IMO, theres a few different things that could happen:

- PS3 & PS4 and achievements from both as well as profiles stay the same on one network (hopefully)
- PS3 network completely cut out of PSN
- Two different networks (with possibility of PS3 version eventually phased out)
- Someone mentioned that Sony might do a complete network sweep, and reset everybody (would hate this the most, I have a lot of shit on PSN I've worked hard for)

The following user groaned sithxnew for this awful post:

CrashTV-XHess
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM #2
im sure everything will stay the same, the world would just go completely mad if any major changes between networks and resetting profiles would happen

The following user thanked CrashTV-XHess for this useful post:

Yolo Brahs !
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM #3
Nath
[move] LOLOL [/move]
If they done a complete sweep I'd be gutted, I've put so much effort in to it.
03-11-2013, 01:34 AM #4
Mystery
It's still a Mystery!
I'm quite sure that they won't reset everybody. Maybe hackers only? Who knows?
Originally posted by sithxnew View Post
So I'm opening this thread up for speculation, or maybe it's been already been announced, but I haven't heard anything on whether PSN and PS3 related achievements and profiles will stay together on one network. IMO, theres a few different things that could happen:

- PS3 & PS4 and achievements from both as well as profiles stay the same on one network (hopefully)
- Two different networks (with possibility of PS3 version eventually phased out)
- Someone mentioned that Sony might do a complete network sweep, and reset everybody (would hate this the most, I have a lot of shit on PSN I've worked hard for)
03-11-2013, 01:48 AM #5
Contributed
I defeated!
I doubt they will do this. As long as we don't have to remake our accounts I'm fine Smile
03-11-2013, 02:00 AM #6
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
It will be one network I think. PS3 is still going to be supported though as PS2 was only stopped in production a few months ago. So we can be sure that PS3 will still be supported. As well as that, Sony said PS3 will still be supported.

The following user thanked JP for this useful post:

03-11-2013, 08:46 AM #7
Dope.
Endure and Survive.
PSN will continue on ps4, haven't you seen the video where that Sony rep is showing you and talking about the new profiles of ps4? I swear to go he had a PSN account with a a trophy level of 24 and an old avatar, judging by that I'd say it will continue
03-11-2013, 11:19 AM #8
So I'm opening this thread up for speculation, or maybe it's been already been announced, but I haven't heard anything on whether PSN and PS3 related achievements and profiles will stay together on one network. IMO, theres a few different things that could happen:

I never said they'd reset stats, I know that "someone" was me. :p
Games/purchases have already been announced as not transferable, My guess is you will be able to "link" your PS3 account to your PS4 account so gaming profiles will transfer like trophies and PSN+ but idk. :think:
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM #9
MTN
Banned
I wonder if they would give you the option to change your gamertag, for the ps4 as a one off or offer something similar like what xbox do.
03-12-2013, 07:00 AM #10
Default Avatar
Sox

This won't happen. There are going to be a lot of people that are going to still be playing PS3. I personally think that they are going to keep the same names and stuff. I am almost positive that Xbox is going to since they did from the Xbox to the Xbox 360.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo