08-31-2013, 09:30 PM #1
webzy
Work hard get Better
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Whats up guy's.

So throughout my life I have been an avid gamer.

Since the Nintendo 64, all the way up to the current generation consoles I don't really have a loyalty to any
Platform as, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox all have amazing title's and feature's with all their console's, games.

This time though I am going to wait out the storm, i.e release day, as multiple masses of fans gather around their
local gaming shops in comparison to '' Bee's with Honey '' it may be certainly sweet to get the PlayStation 4 on it's Official release day, date a day to remember and I understand that.

However, with every launch day comes the launch day console, with that in mind there comes 1st Generation release problems as well.

The first wave.

Launch day consoles, or the first wave of next generation consoles always have issue's as we have had to learn
the hard way for some, it is to be expected as they are the first of their kind.

An example of this would be the '' 40GB PlayStaion 3 '' I purchased one on release day all the way back in '' 2006 '' about 6 months later, it got '' YLOD '' to my dismay, I returned it to
GameStop, for about a half an hour tried to return it to get it fixed with my '' Warranty '' finally they excepted.

Happy ending wright ?, nope got my fixed PS3 back a week later, then this time 6 month's later the same thing
happened '' YLOD '' I couldn't believe it, at this stage I was epicly pee'd off, brought it back again but my
Warranty had run out, they said '' 250 $ to fix it '' money I didn't have at the time.

So a lesson learned a lesson indeed, that lesson was '' don't rush wait '' so this time around I am going to
wait.

As I don't want to spend 400 $ on the console another 120 $ on two games and lastly 60 $ on a second controller.

The total 580 $ which is a lot of money, may not be to some but for the average guys paying bill's supporting a
family and so on it is especially during these times where its hard to find work.

So i am waiting this one out to see all the issues this current Gen might have and also there's a price drop every
quarterly.

Does anyone here at NextGenUpdate feel the same way has anything like that happened to you before, I'd love
to know.

Thanks for reading and have a good day guy's.

The following 7 users say thank you to webzy for this useful post:

amplif1er, dubeyduck, Immaculate., Bichote, Monkeydad1977, TheGreatestSyn,

The following 2 users groaned at webzy for this awful post:

aBoss, txlonghorn97
09-01-2013, 04:10 AM #11
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Pure View Post
Okay, I seriously doubt the PS4 will have problems similar to the "YLOD" or any overheating problems. Sony announced like a month or 2 ago that the PS4's cooling temperature is 10x cooler than that of the PS3's so I highly doubt this console will come up with any hardware problems.

I don't know when Sony said that but if they did they are lying through their teeth. A Ps3 CPU would easily hit 70-80 degrees. No CPU cooler can keep a CPU at 7 degrees. If anything, the thermal output of the chip is going to be warmer, now that both the CPU and GPU rest on the same die.

The following 2 users say thank you to Millz for this useful post:

Monkeydad1977, webzy
09-01-2013, 09:49 AM #12
F-WiekSon
U MAD BRO?
Bought the ps3 on day one aswell and never had any issues with it
09-01-2013, 10:19 AM #13
iJosh
Quit, Bigger & Better Things
Everyone falls into the trap of paying a large amount of cash for something purely because of the fact that it's new.
09-01-2013, 12:16 PM #14
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
Thats 7 years ago mate. They have learnt from there mistakes since then. And they have improved

Originally posted by webzy View Post
Whats up guy's.

So throughout my life I have been an avid gamer.

Since the Nintendo 64, all the way up to the current generation consoles I don't really have a loyalty to any
Platform as, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox all have amazing title's and feature's with all their console's, games.

This time though I am going to wait out the storm, i.e release day, as multiple masses of fans gather around their
local gaming shops in comparison to '' Bee's with Honey '' it may be certainly sweet to get the PlayStation 4 on it's Official release day, date a day to remember and I understand that.

However, with every launch day comes the launch day console, with that in mind there comes 1st Generation release problems as well.

The first wave.

Launch day consoles, or the first wave of next generation consoles always have issue's as we have had to learn
the hard way for some, it is to be expected as they are the first of their kind.

An example of this would be the '' 40GB PlayStaion 3 '' I purchased one on release day all the way back in '' 2006 '' about 6 months later, it got '' YLOD '' to my dismay, I returned it to
GameStop, for about a half an hour tried to return it to get it fixed with my '' Warranty '' finally they excepted.

Happy ending wright ?, nope got my fixed PS3 back a week later, then this time 6 month's later the same thing
happened '' YLOD '' I couldn't believe it, at this stage I was epicly pee'd off, brought it back again but my
Warranty had run out, they said '' 250 $ to fix it '' money I didn't have at the time.

So a lesson learned a lesson indeed, that lesson was '' don't rush wait '' so this time around I am going to
wait.

As I don't want to spend 400 $ on the console another 120 $ on two games and lastly 60 $ on a second controller.

The total 580 $ which is a lot of money, may not be to some but for the average guys paying bill's supporting a
family and so on it is especially during these times where its hard to find work.

So i am waiting this one out to see all the issues this current Gen might have and also there's a price drop every
quarterly.

Does anyone here at NextGenUpdate feel the same way has anything like that happened to you before, I'd love
to know.

Thanks for reading and have a good day guy's.
09-01-2013, 12:56 PM #15
Personally I'm going to hold out on buying a PS4 this Christmas. My launch PS3 died of the YLOD after 3 years. I'm not saying the PS4 will have the same issue. But every new console is bound to have something wrong with it no matter how tiny it is. Its like a software update or a game. They release updates and patches later to iron out all the bugs they discover after launch. But saying that my brother is buying it regardless. He never listens lol. So I will get to have one in the house but I won't buy my own (for my room) till next year some time.

The following user thanked sunil88 for this useful post:

webzy
09-01-2013, 07:04 PM #16
AFG
The One and Only
Originally posted by Millz View Post
I don't know when Sony said that but if they did they are lying through their teeth. A Ps3 CPU would easily hit 70-80 degrees. No CPU cooler can keep a CPU at 7 degrees. If anything, the thermal output of the chip is going to be warmer, now that both the CPU and GPU rest on the same die.

You must login or register to view this content.
Wasn't 10x but its very significantly better than that of the PS3's.

The following user thanked AFG for this useful post:

Fuhrer
09-01-2013, 07:26 PM #17
Hickey
League Champion
look after your console and you wont have a problem, ive had 2 ps3s since 2006 phat and slim, i put it on a cooling stand £2 ebay, and always take disk out when not playing.

never had a problem with either console with a shit ton of play via both of them. look after them and you wont have a problem
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM #18
Clouds
Error 404: Title Not Found
It's really all about how you handle the console and hoping that yours was built right.
I've had my 20GB launch day fat PS3 well, since launch. And the only issue I have had was that the blu-ray laser is dead. Keep in mind that this happened about 2 or so years ago.
I still have that console. It's currently on CFW.
It's really all about how well it was manufactured and handled over how everyone's worked out as a whole.
09-02-2013, 03:18 AM #19
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Here's your solution. 2006-next gen consoles took a super leap, and experienced massive hardware problems.

2013- newer gen technology fixes those problems. DICE said its ashamed that these two new next gen consoles didn't make a much more improvement graphics wise, but to be an average gaming console to be affordable, you have to balance them out.

I'm a console gaming guy. Fuck PC gaming. I use the Internet to learn shit, look up things, waste time, NOT to play video games.
These systems are improved. They're going to be both amazing and offer amazing hardware features. As far as problems, I foresee maybe a select few that will be software related and fixed within the first week of arrival.

The following 2 users say thank you to iTruceFret for this useful post:

Fuhrer, Monkeydad1977

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo