08-31-2013, 09:30 PM #1
webzy
Work hard get Better
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Whats up guy's.

So throughout my life I have been an avid gamer.

Since the Nintendo 64, all the way up to the current generation consoles I don't really have a loyalty to any
Platform as, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox all have amazing title's and feature's with all their console's, games.

This time though I am going to wait out the storm, i.e release day, as multiple masses of fans gather around their
local gaming shops in comparison to '' Bee's with Honey '' it may be certainly sweet to get the PlayStation 4 on it's Official release day, date a day to remember and I understand that.

However, with every launch day comes the launch day console, with that in mind there comes 1st Generation release problems as well.

The first wave.

Launch day consoles, or the first wave of next generation consoles always have issue's as we have had to learn
the hard way for some, it is to be expected as they are the first of their kind.

An example of this would be the '' 40GB PlayStaion 3 '' I purchased one on release day all the way back in '' 2006 '' about 6 months later, it got '' YLOD '' to my dismay, I returned it to
GameStop, for about a half an hour tried to return it to get it fixed with my '' Warranty '' finally they excepted.

Happy ending wright ?, nope got my fixed PS3 back a week later, then this time 6 month's later the same thing
happened '' YLOD '' I couldn't believe it, at this stage I was epicly pee'd off, brought it back again but my
Warranty had run out, they said '' 250 $ to fix it '' money I didn't have at the time.

So a lesson learned a lesson indeed, that lesson was '' don't rush wait '' so this time around I am going to
wait.

As I don't want to spend 400 $ on the console another 120 $ on two games and lastly 60 $ on a second controller.

The total 580 $ which is a lot of money, may not be to some but for the average guys paying bill's supporting a
family and so on it is especially during these times where its hard to find work.

So i am waiting this one out to see all the issues this current Gen might have and also there's a price drop every
quarterly.

Does anyone here at NextGenUpdate feel the same way has anything like that happened to you before, I'd love
to know.

Thanks for reading and have a good day guy's.

The following 7 users say thank you to webzy for this useful post:

amplif1er, dubeyduck, Immaculate., Bichote, Monkeydad1977, TheGreatestSyn,

The following 2 users groaned at webzy for this awful post:

aBoss, txlonghorn97
09-06-2013, 03:52 PM #29
Number
Banned
Game.co.uk is a great place to preorder the PS4, and it definitely looks like a sweet console.
09-06-2013, 06:57 PM #30
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by webzy View Post
Whats up guy's.

So throughout my life I have been an avid gamer.

Since the Nintendo 64, all the way up to the current generation consoles I don't really have a loyalty to any
Platform as, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox all have amazing title's and feature's with all their console's, games.

This time though I am going to wait out the storm, i.e release day, as multiple masses of fans gather around their
local gaming shops in comparison to '' Bee's with Honey '' it may be certainly sweet to get the PlayStation 4 on it's Official release day, date a day to remember and I understand that.

However, with every launch day comes the launch day console, with that in mind there comes 1st Generation release problems as well.

The first wave.

Launch day consoles, or the first wave of next generation consoles always have issue's as we have had to learn
the hard way for some, it is to be expected as they are the first of their kind.

An example of this would be the '' 40GB PlayStaion 3 '' I purchased one on release day all the way back in '' 2006 '' about 6 months later, it got '' YLOD '' to my dismay, I returned it to
GameStop, for about a half an hour tried to return it to get it fixed with my '' Warranty '' finally they excepted.

Happy ending wright ?, nope got my fixed PS3 back a week later, then this time 6 month's later the same thing
happened '' YLOD '' I couldn't believe it, at this stage I was epicly pee'd off, brought it back again but my
Warranty had run out, they said '' 250 $ to fix it '' money I didn't have at the time.

So a lesson learned a lesson indeed, that lesson was '' don't rush wait '' so this time around I am going to
wait.

As I don't want to spend 400 $ on the console another 120 $ on two games and lastly 60 $ on a second controller.

The total 580 $ which is a lot of money, may not be to some but for the average guys paying bill's supporting a
family and so on it is especially during these times where its hard to find work.

So i am waiting this one out to see all the issues this current Gen might have and also there's a price drop every
quarterly.

Does anyone here at NextGenUpdate feel the same way has anything like that happened to you before, I'd love
to know.

Thanks for reading and have a good day guy's.

Not sure of I've already commented but there's no point in waiting if your going to get one, if it breaks in the first year you have manufacturers warranty so makes any arguments about bugs pointless.

Other then that the only reason I would wait is if I couldn'tafford it.
09-06-2013, 07:01 PM #31
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by xLew
Not sure of I've already commented but there's no point in waiting if your going to get one, if it breaks in the first year you have manufacturers warranty so makes any arguments about bugs pointless.

Other then that the only reason I would wait is if I couldn'tafford it.

You have a really good point their but I am just cautious when I buy electronics heck took me
6 months to plan my rig re-search the parts for it.

Just the way I am but I do get the hype about the PS4 it is a very nice looking gaming console.
09-07-2013, 12:14 PM #32
xLew--
Former Staff
That's something you make, much higher chance of it not even working.

Anyways each to their own.
09-08-2013, 09:44 PM #33
MrSlimShady
Save Point
Well from what I've heard and researched up, this is actually supposed to be one of the best if not the best console launches of all time. YLOD? Doubt that'll even be a problem, this isn't 2006 anymore and I've had my PS3 since 2008, hasn't stopped working since, and seeing as how it's 2013 and the PS4 is supposed to run at a much cooler temperature, I doubt running the thing would be a problem.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo