11-25-2013, 01:17 AM #1
PS4-USA
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you want to upgrade your PS4 hard-drive read this!

I installed a Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch ST1000LM014, and kept getting

an error message "CE-34788-0." At first I thought is was a HD compatibility issue, but I was wrong.

You have to install the FULL version firmware 1.51, which can be found here:

You must login or register to view this content.

The standard 1.51 upgrade version is ~ 315MB (and will not work!), the full version is 850MB (and needed for hard drive upgrades).

Save the 850MB 1.51 firmware file to a USB Drive: "PS4/UPDATE", boot up in safe mode, and select "Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)"

Insructions here: You must login or register to view this content.

Hope this saves you some time--my experience was a bit frustrating until I found the correct firmware file.

--The new drive works great, and I have over 850GB of free space with the PS4 O/S, COD Ghosts, Need For Speed Rivals installed on the new HD.
Last edited by PS4-USA ; 11-25-2013 at 01:23 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to PS4-USA for this useful post:

A-RON, Cory, Eddy1402, webzy
11-26-2013, 09:36 PM #20
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
ive returned the hardrive i already bought and im going to buy this 1.5tb one.

11-26-2013, 10:07 PM #21
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by whyyoumad View Post

not a bad choice, though will be fairly slower than the hybrid SSHDs
11-26-2013, 10:20 PM #22
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
true but speed doesent bother me tbh lol.

Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
not a bad choice, though will be fairly slower than the hybrid SSHDs
11-26-2013, 10:52 PM #23
Owen "Donnu Who?" from Sony said that you should wait until the EU version of the update comes out tomorrow and use that one if you live in the EU. I will be downloading it tomorrow, even if I don't get my new SSHD before Monday -.-
11-26-2013, 11:00 PM #24
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
the eu update comes out on thursday

Originally posted by Cyberix View Post
Owen "Donnu Who?" from Sony said that you should wait until the EU version of the update comes out tomorrow and use that one if you live in the EU. I will be downloading it tomorrow, even if I don't get my new SSHD before Monday -.-

The following user thanked whyyoumad for this useful post:

Cyberix
11-26-2013, 11:45 PM #25
the eu update comes out on thursday

Haha yeah, I forgot which day it was :embarrassed:

The following user thanked Cyberix for this useful post:

whyyoumad
11-26-2013, 11:58 PM #26
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
lol..
11-27-2013, 02:55 AM #27
PS4-USA
Bounty hunter

I have that drive too (purchased 2 for comparison since Amazon returns are painless), and that drive is also nice.

I prefer the Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gbps 64MB (a much more noticeable gain in performance) , but both drives offer improved performance/storage.

The following user thanked PS4-USA for this useful post:

whyyoumad
11-27-2013, 03:48 AM #28
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by USA View Post
I have that drive too (purchased 2 for comparison since Amazon returns are painless), and that drive is also nice.

I prefer the Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gbps 64MB (a much more noticeable gain in performance) , but both drives offer improved performance/storage.

i got a 3 tb for that much Smile if u got the money to spend on a ssd then go for it but right now its not really worth the money to pay for a 1tb ssd (167/£103.64) i rather spend it on getting a 2 tb for that much. but as time past aka 4 years they will be lower in cost and then you should upgrade to a ssd.

thats my 2 cents Smile
Last edited by skaterboy16 ; 11-27-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo