09-18-2011, 11:47 PM #1
Coyler
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy

The following 4 users say thank you to Coyler for this useful post:

ILuZzONz, K-Snody, Syria, TD5X
02-09-2012, 02:14 AM #119
Omnix
Keeper
Nice review you don't seem to biased in opinion when it comes to choosing one over the other?
02-10-2012, 08:27 PM #120
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
I think it all boils down to personal preference and experience.

When it comes to the Xbox 360, I have to say:

- It provides a more sociable experience.
- It feels more developed, and it continues to progress for the better as we speak.
- The fact that you pay for Xbox LIVE Gold memberships only strengthens the experience (via things like freebies, contests, and extra content).
- The controller is a lot more ergonomic and effective.
- The console itself is well-built (my Xbox has never failed on me).

In all, I suppose I enjoy the constant progression and the solid interface as opposed to the PS3's lack thereof. Of course, on the PS3 the interface definitely works, but that's all it does. I don't get the feeling that I'm constantly interacting with it like I do on the Xbox 360. I just feel like the Xbox 360 is a lot more developed, and it provides the online experience I'm looking for better than the PS3.

For the PS3:

- I enjoy the exclusives a lot more (although I adore Halo and Gears of War).
- Games seems to be less bug-ridden (excluding Skyrim, unfortunately).
- Blu-ray is a plus (but it's not really anything spectacular).
- The PS3 provides an AMAZING single-player gaming experience. (I typically play one-player games on the PS3)
- The backwards compatibility allows for nostalgia trips.

When it comes to the PS3, I just think it allows for a far more superior single-player experience. Like I said, Halo and Gears of War are wonderful, and they're two of my favorite, but the exclusives on the PS3 just feel a lot more unique and enjoyable. In all, I like my Xbox for a social gaming experience, and I like to play the PS3 by myself and immerse myself in incredibly written story lines. What the PS3 lacks in itself, it gains back within its games.
02-10-2012, 08:33 PM #121
In My OpinioN PS3 is better bro!
02-10-2012, 09:50 PM #122
Otib
lolololololol
Both the same, I like both :fah:
02-11-2012, 02:16 AM #123
xbox is better!!
02-11-2012, 05:20 AM #124
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Coyler View Post
Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy

Social, I don't have much issues with the social on there, we have something called Home which is developed for people to enjoy talking to one another and make great friends, so we are good there. The chatting and crap, I found that both have the same issues, little kid here and there.

Xbox: 1 PS3 1

Exclusives, the PS3 has exclusives as well, Uncharted is a great one for example, they are using just about every resource the PS3 has, or to their knowledge and look at the game and the graphics, it beats just about every game. 1080p for the PS3.

Both have great games to be honest.

XBox 2 PS3 2

Freebies

Xbox and PS3 both give out great things, for 50 bucks you can sign up for the PS+, they to be honest have great deals, if you spend a good amount of cash buying games then you can end up saving a ton of cash.

Both in my opinon are equal though.

Xbox 3 PS3 3

Cross Platforming
I give this to the XBox but you have to remember that this is Microsoft..

Xbox 4 PS3 3

Collaboration and Sponsorship,
Xbox got this because they are Microsoft. Microsoft came out before and signed contracts that locked these groups in. Zune is Microsoft, doesn't really count. PS3, we may not get the first content but at least we get everything bug free whereas you spend a month with bugs and glitches with people exploiting.

Xbox 5 PS3 4

Quality, PS3 has 1080p, Xbox in fact does not have 1080p they have 480p which is the highest that a standard disc can go, blu-ray is 1080i/p. We have better graphics.

Xbox 5 PS3 5

Updating,

I have to say the PS3 is better, they have stuck with one design that everyone likes, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Xbox seems to do this a lot and seems to not be able to stay with a single design, if they can't come up with something that everyone likes and will continue to like then they have issues.

Sony only updates it when it is needed.

Need to also add, the PS3 versus the Xbox based on hacking is a lot better, the PS3 has almost no hacking to it while the Xbox has a ton of it.

I load up a game on the PS3 and it is impossible to find someone who is hacking, yea we had that issue last year but that was one case and with Anon, they just found an exploit. The xbox is constantly being hacked and games are always being hacked and pirated, Sony doesn't let this happen.

PS3 6 Xbox 5

----
My rating based on yours with some fixes.

To be honest, I find both systems great, Its an entertainment system, should it really matter which one you choose. It's like saying Itouch or Zune, both are great.
02-11-2012, 07:56 AM #125
Nate11
Keeper
in my opinion i think both r the same in there own respective areas
02-11-2012, 10:29 AM #126
Bryzla
Banned
tbh I think xbox beats all, its far more capable of stuff rather than ps3
02-14-2012, 11:53 AM #127
Dudevid
Do a barrel roll!
I disagree wholeheartedly re: exclusives; there's infinitely more varied and interesting exclusives available on the PS3. You like to shoot guys in faces, then, yeah, maybe stick with the Xbox 360 for its exclusives. On the rest of the points I put the two consoles mostly at equal pegging. I like both a lot, but the PS3 just tips it for me.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo