09-18-2011, 11:47 PM #1
Coyler
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy

The following 4 users say thank you to Coyler for this useful post:

ILuZzONz, K-Snody, Syria, TD5X
10-16-2011, 01:54 PM #38
K-Snody
Loading... ████████] 99%
xbox is better especially the new slim i had 2 ps3's one jailbroke hosting cl's and modding games and i gave that up and im glad i did and ive only had it 2 days Happy
10-19-2011, 07:28 PM #39
Danny41294
I Like Cheese =)
I have both to and pretty much agree...
10-19-2011, 09:12 PM #40
Originally posted by Coyler View Post
Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.
Correction, sociable with your friends. The Xbox is terrible for meeting new people and making new friends, everyone is in Party Chat. I love meeting new people online, I love taunting kids online, I love taunting people who think they're the best. Can't do this that often because most everyone is in Party Chat.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.
Halo, is that your only example, I guess you want to mention GoW too right. Xbox exclusives are no match to PS3 exclusives, FPS games are getting boring and generic, and they are pretty much the only good exclusives the Xbox has. PS3 has a HUGE genre of adventure, creative, puzzle, FPS, games and more.
PS3 exclusives are miles better, your just sticking to really well known games. Try LBP, Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance, and much more.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

Err, the PS3 has a browser, we can check whatever we want without ever moving. It also has that music thing that I can't remember the name of, but you can watch free music videos, and get songs sent to your mobile phone.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

PS3 does this with Portal 2, and soon to be with the new Counterstrike. Microsoft refuses to do cross platform with any game that isn't Xbox exclusive.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

PS3 has Netflix and you can also buy movies directly from the PSN store. Once again, BROWSER!

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

Agreed.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

PS3 has a great XMB, no need to update it every month.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy

Your opinion sucks and is biased.

Your not mentioning PSHome, the PS3 browser, you didn't mention that the Xbox discs have very little storage space and a lot of games require more than one disc, PS3 can use non-licensed accesories e.g any mic where as on the Xbox you can only use officially licensed ones.
Xbox controller sucks, personal preference I guess.
PS3 does have better graphics for games.

I own both consoles as well, I am a little biased towards the PS3 as I have been with the PS since the PS1, but you are way more biased and you are not stating most the facts.

The following 2 users say thank you to FlyingIrishMan for this useful post:

mcstyle24, ngu me
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM #41
Originally posted by 43 View Post
Yes both are really good consoles but Xbox gets rrod or breaks in a year or less maybe 1 year and a 1/2 but i still got my PS3 running since 2008 and for updates why are we going to update every month. That means that the xbox dashboard has to many glitches :p

The Elite and Xbox 360 S do not get RROD within 4 years. My Ps3 Phat 40gb that i got in like 07 or 06 i dont remember got YLOD in 2010. ive never got RROD on my xbox's. But they are both great consoles they are the same just different interface options.
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM #42
Boris Johnson
Craigy...Craigo!
Originally posted by King. View Post
My first ever 'next gen' console WAS an xbox 360, yes it was fun to have and yes xbox live was a good laugh but ever since it broke exactly a year later... it was IT for me.

Why buy a defective console? What a big mistake I made. Now that I have a PS3 I have never looked back, I agree xbox 360 has a much more "social" experience but that doesn't appeal to me so it IS all about personal preference but I'm just stating the obvious and sharing my opinion.

The amount of Exclusives PS3 gets is unreal compared to the xbox 360, my PS3 has had not one issue yet and im confident it will last me a very long time.

Anyone can feel free to debate me why xbox is better then the PS3, I dislike people who do NOT give straight answers or FACTS.

XBOX 360
- Still has a disk tray which may still cause future issues.
- Still has a DVD player which limits the Exclusives etc.
- Xbox Live is NOT free, yet when I had my xbox it felt the same as the online on PS3 which I have now.
- RROD (on the old console maybe even on the new)
- A Dashboard which has ads. (When PS3 has next to no ads on its XMB)

PS3
- I can not think of ANY nitpicks about the PS3 (Anyone here can always reply with an answer for me)

SONY > Microsoft

Your judging a whole company because of one piece of technology that they make...
10-19-2011, 10:13 PM #43
Cien
Open Your Mind Before Your Mouth
Xbox is good . But in this days i prefer ps3 to play . I just go on my xbox to hack . Xbox is good for modding .
10-20-2011, 01:57 AM #44
Pedo Leader
I’m too L33T
If xbox was free ps3 would make no sales// nuff said
10-21-2011, 01:23 AM #45
UKSIDNUS
Climbing up the ladder
the ps3 get hacked way to much and you end up offline for like weeks so i prefer the xbox but just my opinion
10-21-2011, 07:34 PM #46
:FU: this is a very stressful argument :P lets just say both systems have flaws and advantages

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo