05-22-2013, 01:35 AM #1
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So with the new Xbox One being announced today, there was one bit of news that crossed gamers that Second Hand games will come with a fee to play on an Second Account!

At first gamers thought this would be some sort of EA online pass or similar scheme, but once the event was over a press team was able to question the Microsoft team there and dig deeper on this subject. It turns out the person to buy the game Pre-Owned/Second Hand will have to pay Full Price, Yes I said Full Price you did read that correct.

So not are you only paying for the game from the store but you are then also paying full price for the game to give to Microsoft!

Questions were also raised that this would then also cause issues when taking the game to a friends house! But Major Nelson on twitter answered that as long as you download your profile to there Xbox you will be able to play the game on there console but only on your account!

Major Nelson blog post: You must login or register to view this content.

Report on Pre-Owned Price: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Jakeyy ; 05-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.
05-22-2013, 04:29 PM #20
Elk
Lithium.
With the way this is looking, retailers will no longer accept a traded-in game; I don't exactly think people would be purchasing them!
05-22-2013, 04:39 PM #21
-Skyline
Anonymous
If the PS4 allows used games (which I'm pretty sure it will, I can't see Sony making this kind of dick move) to be used with no bullshit fees/charges/re-authorisation costs then PS4 will MOP THE GOD-DAMN FLOOR with the Xbox Juan!
05-22-2013, 04:46 PM #22
-Skyline
Anonymous
So for the person who has paid full price for a brand new Xbox One game, he can go and trade that game in at Game or whatever your local VG Store is, and someone goes into the store, picks it up, PAYS for that particular USED game, goes home, pops the disc in, and up comes a screen asking him to pay full retail price ON TOP of what he paid to buy the USED game from his local VG Store?

I... don't even...

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by -Skyline ; 05-22-2013 at 04:49 PM.
05-22-2013, 04:54 PM #23
I REALLY hope Sony doesn't do something like this. I have a friend who borrows games from me a lot because he just doesn't have a lot of money.
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM #24
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Jake View Post
I will try and find the post about the Full Price Smile

More news about this came around this morning, something about they have a trading system that they don't want to talk so much about until E3, so we could see a system where it will completely remove the game from our account and pass it on to someone else!

Somebody on the xbox PR team has messed up with this. Hoping the fee is not true at all !
One for sure Sony is going to follow this one system won't do this without the other doing it.
05-22-2013, 06:28 PM #25
Hells
I'm Back...
In my opinion Sony will have this on the PS4 also, this feature stems more from 3rd party preasure, Sony and Microsoft don't really lose out on preowned games as much as say EA and Activision do.

The rumour is EA are not producing many/any games for the Wii U is due to how easy the Wii was exploited
05-22-2013, 07:00 PM #26
Citadel
Samurai Poster
Xbox already fucked up when they named it "Xbox One"....
05-22-2013, 07:09 PM #27
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by Jake View Post
GDDR5 as well has slower timings so will be slower at doing what ever it has to do so effectively the Xbox Ram wins.

GDDR5 benefits from a 256/384-bit interface and doubles the I/O of DDR3.

DDR3 does has low latency timings but at the expense of bandwidth and when you see the latency numbers compared to GDDR5 on paper it looks like the GDDR5 is slower than normal desktop RAM, but actually the speed of GDDR5 RAM is BLAZING fast compared to normal DDR3 RAM and since the PS4 is going to have 8GB unified GDDR5 for the system RAM and VRAM in combination with a CPU+GPU on a single die, the CPU will have direct access to the GDDR5 RAM and vice-versa to improve performance.

I guess you could say Sony has actually made a next-gen console because you can't actually build a PC with unified GDDR5 RAM even if you wanted to.
Last edited by -Skyline ; 05-22-2013 at 07:11 PM.
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM #28
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
GDDR5 benefits from a 256/384-bit interface and doubles the I/O of DDR3.

DDR3 does has low latency timings but at the expense of bandwidth and when you see the latency numbers compared to GDDR5 on paper it looks like the GDDR5 is slower than normal desktop RAM, but actually the speed of GDDR5 RAM is BLAZING fast compared to normal DDR3 RAM and since the PS4 is going to have 8GB unified GDDR5 for the system RAM and VRAM in combination with a CPU+GPU on a single die, the CPU will have direct access to the GDDR5 RAM and vice-versa to improve performance.

I guess you could say Sony has actually made a next-gen console because you can't actually build a PC with unified GDDR5 RAM even if you wanted to.

Looks like Sony gambled and it worked out.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo