05-22-2013, 01:35 AM #1
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So with the new Xbox One being announced today, there was one bit of news that crossed gamers that Second Hand games will come with a fee to play on an Second Account!

At first gamers thought this would be some sort of EA online pass or similar scheme, but once the event was over a press team was able to question the Microsoft team there and dig deeper on this subject. It turns out the person to buy the game Pre-Owned/Second Hand will have to pay Full Price, Yes I said Full Price you did read that correct.

So not are you only paying for the game from the store but you are then also paying full price for the game to give to Microsoft!

Questions were also raised that this would then also cause issues when taking the game to a friends house! But Major Nelson on twitter answered that as long as you download your profile to there Xbox you will be able to play the game on there console but only on your account!

Major Nelson blog post: You must login or register to view this content.

Report on Pre-Owned Price: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Jakeyy ; 05-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.
05-22-2013, 01:50 AM #2
Rick
Splicer
thats dumb fuck gaybox Smile ps4 all the way
haha but really tho, thats dumb as hell.
05-22-2013, 01:55 AM #3
Jango
I love my kitteh
I think Sony is in the lead by over a mile at this point.
05-22-2013, 02:05 AM #4
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Originally posted by Jango View Post
I think Sony is in the lead by over a mile at this point.

They are level for now, Microsoft have won on the console specs IMO, but Sony are winning on used games. I am more worried about HD PVR's use as both consoles are using HDMI and both are using BluRay so they both have to be HDCP!
05-22-2013, 02:21 AM #5
Originally posted by Jake View Post
They are level for now, Microsoft have won on the console specs IMO, but Sony are winning on used games. I am more worried about HD PVR's use as both consoles are using HDMI and both are using BluRay so they both have to be HDCP!

How has microsoft won spec wise?
05-22-2013, 02:36 AM #6
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by another user

aren't both consoles pretty much identical in specs except for Sony having the faster ram?
05-22-2013, 02:42 AM #7
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Originally posted by socia View Post
aren't both consoles pretty much identical in specs except for Sony having the faster ram?

DDR3 uses a 64 bit controller so will take full advantage of the CPU where the PS4 will only use so much of the GDDR5 speed.

GDDR5 as well has slower timings so will be slower at doing what ever it has to do so effectively the Xbox Ram wins.

Will look more in to this in the morning!
05-22-2013, 02:51 AM #8
SC58
Former Staff
So with the new Xbox One being announced today, there was one bit of news that crossed gamers that Second Hand games will come with a fee to play on an Second Account!

At first gamers thought this would be some sort of EA online pass or similar scheme, but once the event was over a press team was able to question the Microsoft team there and dig deeper on this subject. It turns out the person to buy the game Pre-Owned/Second Hand will have to pay Full Price, Yes I said Full Price you did read that correct.

So not are you only paying for the game from the store but you are then also paying full price for the game to give to Microsoft!

Questions were also raised that this would then also cause issues when taking the game to a friends house! But Major Nelson on twitter answered that as long as you download your profile to there Xbox you will be able to play the game on there console but only on your account!

Whatever console ppl want th fine but with game prices i think pc is the way to go with the prices as it cheaper and there all ways crack ect not saying download free game is good but pc gaming is the way to go i think but no hate u pick what u like that all that matter reallyHappy
05-22-2013, 03:06 AM #9
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
So with the new Xbox One being announced today, there was one bit of news that crossed gamers that Second Hand games will come with a fee to play on an Second Account!

1) No used games...
2) Can only be used on one profile (so I'm assuming my brothers have to use my account to play it)

All I have to say for the diehard M$ fans is bend over and have a lot of lube ready.. Kind of sucks they have to play it that way...
05-22-2013, 04:56 AM #10
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
This is a stupid thing and just a plea to make more money. I'm more interested in what the Xbox Live Gold subscription cost will go up by if it does if their implementing prices like this. Fucking ridiculous, you might as well buy the game new.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo