Post: Jailbreak iphone 3g and Ipod touch on firmware 3.1.3 Tutorial
03-20-2010, 09:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok this is a guide i have put together so you can jailbreak your iphone and ipod touch I have made this guide so its easy for you. You should already be on 3.1.3 you need to download the older 3.1.2 firmware for this to work.

First you need to download on your computer the 3.1.2 firmware for your model below (You should already be on 3.1.3)

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 3G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file for your model keep it somewhere you can find it easy like desktop etc.
Now download redsn0w jailbreak tool here.

Mac OSX x86-You must login or register to view this content.
Windows-You must login or register to view this content.
And unzip it with winrar right now thats done follow this guide

1. Open redsn0w.Click the browse button to Browse for iPhone/Touch 3.1.2 firmware that you downloaded from the above links. Yes you need to select 3.1.2 firmware for redsn0w not 3.1.3. Click “Next”.
You must login or register to view this content.
2. Select “Install Cydia” box only and click “Next”.

3. Make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer and click “Next”.
4. Redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown.
5. Redsn0w will do its work now.Sit back and relax while it jailbreaks your iPhone/Touch.

You now have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch Smile
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 04-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SLY2010 for this useful post:

MsM94, NGU Fusionzz
03-20-2010, 10:35 PM #2
Screamo
R.I.P. NGU
Originally posted by SLY
Ok this is a guide i have put together so you can jailbreak your iphone and ipod touch I have made this guide so its easy for you. You should already be on 3.1.3 you need to download the older 3.1.2 firmware for this to work.

First you need to download on your computer the 3.1.2 firmware for your model below (You should already be on 3.1.3)

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 3G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file for your model keep it somewhere you can find it easy like desktop etc.
Now download redsn0w jailbreak tool here.

Mac OSX x86-You must login or register to view this content.
Windows-You must login or register to view this content.
And unzip it with winrar right now thats done follow this guide

1. Open redsn0w.Click the browse button to Browse for iPhone/Touch 3.1.2 firmware that you downloaded from the above links. Yes you need to select 3.1.2 firmware for redsn0w not 3.1.3. Click “Next”.
2. Select “Install Cydia” box only and click “Next”.

3. Make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer and click “Next”.
4. Redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown.
5. Redsn0w will do its work now.Sit back and relax while it jailbreaks your iPhone/Touch.

You now have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch Smile

Hey, I have a few questions. I have never jailbroken anything and am thinking about jailbreaking my iPod touch. Here they are:
1. How long does it take with this guide?
2. Do I need a special cord or something I need to buy?
3. On a iPod touch how easy is it to change the theme and stuff after jailbroken and do I need to buy this either?

Thanks if you can help me out I will give you rep.
03-20-2010, 10:52 PM #3
Hey here are your answers.

1. Takes about 10-15 mins all together.

2.All you need is the white cord that comes with your ipod (The one that you connect to your pc via usb)

3. Themes are easy to change as selecting a song to play you download a app called Winterboard which is from a app called Cydia which is installed automaticly after you have jailbroken from that you can control your themes and wallpapers,Lockscreen etc.

After you have jailbroken you will have a app called Cydia on your ipod.
Click on cydia and from there you can download 100+ stuff like games,themes,all sorts of apps all free. You can even get all the apps on the apple app store free
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 03-20-2010 at 10:58 PM.

The following user thanked SLY2010 for this useful post:

Screamo
03-20-2010, 11:04 PM #4
Kinetic
The Truth
yeah, i used this method to jailbreak my ipod, worked great. i love having my iphone jailbroken. definetly took less than 15 mins lol, and for screamo, this method only works for certain versions of the ipod touch. what generation is yours?
03-21-2010, 03:39 AM #5
does this work for all baseband versions of 3gs?
edit: tried this method and it did not work on my 3gs, redsnow finished, but when i turned my iphone on, it was still 3.1.3 and no cydia.
Last edited by sKillmaTic ; 03-21-2010 at 03:56 AM.
03-21-2010, 02:57 PM #6
Originally posted by sKillmaTic View Post
does this work for all baseband versions of 3gs?
edit: tried this method and it did not work on my 3gs, redsnow finished, but when i turned my iphone on, it was still 3.1.3 and no cydia.

The firmware will be still 3.1.3 lol even though you selected 3.1.2 firmware on redsn0w it will be jailbroken and still running on the 3.1.3 firmware and itunes wont ask you to update and as for you not being able to jailbreak your iphone 3gs it worked for me no probs, Have you looked on the last page on your iphone for the Cydia app?
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 03-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
03-23-2010, 10:23 AM #7
there is no cydia icon, i tried this 3 times.
03-23-2010, 05:47 PM #8
Originally posted by sKillmaTic View Post
there is no cydia icon, i tried this 3 times.

THen you must have a unsupported baseband try this thread You must login or register to view this content.
03-24-2010, 05:02 PM #9
A--p--p--l--e
An Orange Apple ???
Is this tetherd for The ipod 3g ? (wen u turn it off u have to restore it).. also would i b able to downgrade to 3.1.1 ?
Last edited by A--p--p--l--e ; 03-24-2010 at 05:10 PM.
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM #10
Originally posted by another user
Is this tetherd for The ipod 3g ? (wen u turn it off u have to restore it).. also would i b able to downgrade to 3.1.1 ?

No its not tetherd, Its a normal jailbreak without having to restore etc. Why would you want to downgrade to 3.1.1??

The following user thanked SLY2010 for this useful post:

E_nunez

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo