Post: Jailbreak iphone 3g and Ipod touch on firmware 3.1.3 Tutorial
03-20-2010, 09:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok this is a guide i have put together so you can jailbreak your iphone and ipod touch I have made this guide so its easy for you. You should already be on 3.1.3 you need to download the older 3.1.2 firmware for this to work.

First you need to download on your computer the 3.1.2 firmware for your model below (You should already be on 3.1.3)

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 3G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file for your model keep it somewhere you can find it easy like desktop etc.
Now download redsn0w jailbreak tool here.

Mac OSX x86-You must login or register to view this content.
Windows-You must login or register to view this content.
And unzip it with winrar right now thats done follow this guide

1. Open redsn0w.Click the browse button to Browse for iPhone/Touch 3.1.2 firmware that you downloaded from the above links. Yes you need to select 3.1.2 firmware for redsn0w not 3.1.3. Click “Next”.
You must login or register to view this content.
2. Select “Install Cydia” box only and click “Next”.

3. Make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer and click “Next”.
4. Redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown.
5. Redsn0w will do its work now.Sit back and relax while it jailbreaks your iPhone/Touch.

You now have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch Smile
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 04-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SLY2010 for this useful post:

MsM94, NGU Fusionzz
04-08-2010, 08:35 PM #56
Originally posted by ScreamoV2. View Post
I thought redsnow only worked on iPhones?

No it works for ipod touch and iphone, In my guide it shows you
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM #57
Wow everytime I go to browse then I go to where I saved the 3.1.2 I can never find anything that I can actually open where do I go?
04-16-2010, 10:39 AM #58
Originally posted by Poptart526 View Post
Wow everytime I go to browse then I go to where I saved the 3.1.2 I can never find anything that I can actually open where do I go?

Try redownloading the file using a firefox browser, Then save it to your choosen place. Then when you browse for it it should be there
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM #59
Bump.......
04-27-2010, 04:04 AM #60
-Garf-
G-A-R-F GARF2B THATS ME
Yeah I could do with a little help on this please.

I am stuck on number 4 of your guide. It is not letting me put into DFU mode.

This is the process I am following.

I open redsnow, click browse, add my file 3.1.2 (3gs), make sure devise is off and plugged in, I click next, it says hold down power and home until the help message dissapears, then i get a load of blue bars loading. Then within a minute it says it is done, the rest will happen on the iphone. I have a black screen, I wait, nothing happens, i switch on my devise and nothing.

Where am I going wrong m8?
04-28-2010, 01:42 AM #61
Nice1der
Gym leader
can you unjail break??
04-28-2010, 06:20 PM #62
Originally posted by Nice1der View Post
can you unjail break??

#
Step 1

First step is to connect your jailbroken iphone to your computer loaded with itunes. Be sure that this is the itunes that you normally sync your iphone with. This will ensure that your phone is restored with the proper firmware.
#
Step 2

Now that your iphone is connected, we are ready to start the restore process. In the left column, select your iphone device. This should bring up your iphone's summary.
#
Step 3

Now press the "restore" button. At this point, itunes will ask if you would like to backup your iphone. Choose "yes" and allow itunes to backup and restore your iphone. Once the restore is complete, your iphone will restart itself.
#
Step 4

Once your iphone is turned back on, itunes will ask if you would like to restore from backup. Clicking "Continue" will restore all of your non-jailbroken apps to your iphone, as well as other authorized files.
#
Step 5

Once the restore from back up is complete, your phone will no longer be jailbroken!
04-29-2010, 01:32 AM #63
Originally posted by nunez View Post
well, i got it to work, thanks alot SLY, you really helped me out, it was a dumb error i missed lol THANKS

What was the error because I am running into the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

After running the redsnow program it says that the rest of the installation will take place on the device. The problem is that my ipod just gets stuck on a black/dark blue screen and nothing happens. I even left it there for like 20 minutes to make sure that it wasn't just running the process in the background.
I know that some others have had this same problem and were able to get it figured out. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 32 gig 3g ipod touch and I am doing the jailbreak on a mac with os x 10.5
04-29-2010, 02:19 AM #64
Dr. F33LG00D
Premium Link Hunter Winky Winky
Guys, I am a little skeptical, Is this worth it, also will it harm my itunes or anything?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo