Post: Jailbreak iphone 3g and Ipod touch on firmware 3.1.3 Tutorial
03-20-2010, 09:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok this is a guide i have put together so you can jailbreak your iphone and ipod touch I have made this guide so its easy for you. You should already be on 3.1.3 you need to download the older 3.1.2 firmware for this to work.

First you need to download on your computer the 3.1.2 firmware for your model below (You should already be on 3.1.3)

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 3G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file for your model keep it somewhere you can find it easy like desktop etc.
Now download redsn0w jailbreak tool here.

Mac OSX x86-You must login or register to view this content.
Windows-You must login or register to view this content.
And unzip it with winrar right now thats done follow this guide

1. Open redsn0w.Click the browse button to Browse for iPhone/Touch 3.1.2 firmware that you downloaded from the above links. Yes you need to select 3.1.2 firmware for redsn0w not 3.1.3. Click “Next”.
You must login or register to view this content.
2. Select “Install Cydia” box only and click “Next”.

3. Make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer and click “Next”.
4. Redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown.
5. Redsn0w will do its work now.Sit back and relax while it jailbreaks your iPhone/Touch.

You now have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch Smile
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 04-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SLY2010 for this useful post:

MsM94, NGU Fusionzz
05-18-2010, 01:19 AM #74
S10
TROLLN 1337
Originally posted by SLY2010 View Post
Please don't hijack thanks.

Still working guys!

Not hijackinging Just showing there is a newer updated way of doing the jailbreak
05-18-2010, 01:34 AM #75
Just4Hax
"I will speak ill of
Okay, this is way too much work than it should take. Redsn0w is old, the new jailbreak is Spirit. It takes about 3-5 min if not less and is untethered. I have written a new thread for it. You must login or register to view this content.
05-18-2010, 04:16 AM #76
Just4Hax
"I will speak ill of
Why would you go through all this trouble as I have said in my other thread, it is much better to use Spirit, as it is untethered fast and has no errors. for more info read my other thread
05-18-2010, 07:20 AM #77
Originally posted by Ownedbyeric View Post
I have firmware 3.1.2 can I still jailbreak it?

Yes being on firmware 3.1.2 is even better so you have more options to jailbreak it and unlock to all networks.
05-18-2010, 11:33 PM #78
3RIC
Climbing up the ladder
Yes being on firmware 3.1.2 is even better so you have more options to jailbreak it and unlock to all networks.

ok coool thanks +repped

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

my friend who has jailbroken tons of ipods says that redsnow spams ur ipod and gives u viruses?
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM #79
ok coool thanks +repped

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

my friend who has jailbroken tons of ipods says that redsnow spams ur ipod and gives u viruses?

LOL! Not being rude m8 but your friend is talking crap, Redsn0w does not give you any virus of any sort. And as for spamming your ipod i do not understand< All it does is jailbreak your ipod and you go from there like adding new apps or cracked apps from apple's app store. Its that simple.

If you have any problems just send me a message and i will be happy to help.
05-19-2010, 10:27 PM #80
Just4Hax
"I will speak ill of
okay, I don't know much about redsn0w just because it is just too much work to see an easy safe jailbreak for ipod/iphones up to 3.1.3 follow this You must login or register to view this content. +rep pleaz

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

okay, I don't know much about redsn0w just because it is just too much work to see an easy safe jailbreak for ipod/iphones up to 3.1.3 follow this You must login or register to view this content. +rep pleaz
05-19-2010, 11:22 PM #81
3RIC
Climbing up the ladder
LOL! Not being rude m8 but your friend is talking crap, Redsn0w does not give you any virus of any sort. And as for spamming your ipod i do not understand< All it does is jailbreak your ipod and you go from there like adding new apps or cracked apps from apple's app store. Its that simple.

If you have any problems just send me a message and i will be happy to help.

oh ok well i heard that blackra1n is the best? and also u have a nice tut

The following user thanked 3RIC for this useful post:

SLY2010
05-20-2010, 05:19 PM #82
oh ok well i heard that blackra1n is the best? and also u have a nice tut

Blackra1n doesnt work with all models though, Thanks for the comment

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo