Post: Jailbreak iphone 3g and Ipod touch on firmware 3.1.3 Tutorial
03-20-2010, 09:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok this is a guide i have put together so you can jailbreak your iphone and ipod touch I have made this guide so its easy for you. You should already be on 3.1.3 you need to download the older 3.1.2 firmware for this to work.

First you need to download on your computer the 3.1.2 firmware for your model below (You should already be on 3.1.3)

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 3G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file for your model keep it somewhere you can find it easy like desktop etc.
Now download redsn0w jailbreak tool here.

Mac OSX x86-You must login or register to view this content.
Windows-You must login or register to view this content.
And unzip it with winrar right now thats done follow this guide

1. Open redsn0w.Click the browse button to Browse for iPhone/Touch 3.1.2 firmware that you downloaded from the above links. Yes you need to select 3.1.2 firmware for redsn0w not 3.1.3. Click “Next”.
You must login or register to view this content.
2. Select “Install Cydia” box only and click “Next”.

3. Make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer and click “Next”.
4. Redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown.
5. Redsn0w will do its work now.Sit back and relax while it jailbreaks your iPhone/Touch.

You now have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch Smile
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 04-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SLY2010 for this useful post:

MsM94, NGU Fusionzz
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM #29
Originally posted by another user
Here's the screenie of that thingy =]

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

yer that one =]

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

yer thought i wud

LOL ok try that Cool Man (aka Tustin)

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Right when you have selected the correct firmware on redsn0w and clicked next, Select the Install Cydia box only and follow the rest of the guide, If it dont work then try sn0wbreeze
03-28-2010, 09:03 PM #30
Hey, so when the whole process is over, i get a screen on Redsnow saying that the process is over, the rest of the process will finish on your ipod... do i just have to wait until it finishes rebooting or what? please reply
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM #31
Originally posted by nunez View Post
Hey, so when the whole process is over, i get a screen on Redsnow saying that the process is over, the rest of the process will finish on your ipod... do i just have to wait until it finishes rebooting or what? please reply

It will show on your ipod what its doing, Like installing files etc.. Once it is done on your ipod then you can disconnect from the pc and enjoy your jailbroken ipod.

Let me know how it gets on and if you want to know how to get all apps that are on Itunes free Happy
03-28-2010, 09:13 PM #32
ok, i finished everything on the computer, but its not showing me anything at all on my itouch, its just a Black/Dark Blue screen, i cant see anything
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM #33
ok, i finished everything on the computer, but its not showing me anything at all on my itouch, its just a Black/Dark Blue screen, i cant see anything

Wait did you get the screen with the pinapple and installing all the things, and if you don't try doing it again and when you get to the dfu instructions make sure you hold the power for the 3 seconds it says, then when it starts to jailbrake (white screen) make sure you'r holding down the home button still
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM #34
my redsnow doesnt do the same steps as the one in the picture, it just tells me to hold power button and home button until the message disapears, this is like the 10th time i do this and still cant get it to work.

if it helps, im using my itouch 3g running on 3.1.3 and i downloaded the 3g 3.1.2
03-28-2010, 10:02 PM #35
my redsnow doesnt do the same steps as the one in the picture, it just tells me to hold power button and home button until the message disapears, this is like the 10th time i do this and still cant get it to work.

if it helps, im using my itouch 3g running on 3.1.3 and i downloaded the 3g 3.1.2

While im trying to figure out whats wrong. Look on youtube theres so many videos regarding this.
03-28-2010, 11:40 PM #36
Originally posted by SLY
While im trying to figure out whats wrong. Look on youtube theres so many videos regarding this.

samething happening to me.......
03-29-2010, 12:21 AM #37
well, i got it to work, thanks alot SLY, you really helped me out, it was a dumb error i missed lol THANKS

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo