Post: Free Edge Internet With T-mobile (iphone jailbroken)
12-23-2009, 09:46 PM #1
Marte
Music is Dead
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a unlocked iphone 3g with t-mobile prepaid sim card and it has 0.00 and I am using free t-mobile internet over edge at no cost everywhere I go (I am not responsible if you use this on a plan cell phone and get charge for data )

Step by Step Guide

1. Go To Setting - General - Network - Cellular Data

2. Where it says APN put internet2.voicestream.com leave password and username blank

(if internet2.voicestream.com doesn't work try wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com)

3. Go Back to Network, and 3g is off (you can have data roaming on or off no difference)

4. Go Back to Setting Turn On Airplane Mode and Turn it Off Load up any internet based app like Weather and watch it load at no cost

Rep or Thank If It Works

I Have iPhone 3GS 16GB with 3.1.3 ... baseband 05.12.01

So if Your iPhone is like this it should work ... if not you are doing it all wrong.

Any questions feel free to post or PM me.
Last edited by Marte ; 07-01-2010 at 09:43 PM.

The following user thanked Marte for this useful post:

NanuGama
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM #11
hi, I'm having the same problem I can't seem to get it to work I did everything step by step and I even did the network reset. Does it matter if it's with a sidekick prepaid? Because that's what I have and I figured that may be the problem.

I found a fix for the sidekick prepaid thru a proxy and it works but it doesn't let you watch YouTube videos or let u stream radio and I was hoping this fix can't let me do that. Please let me know. Thank You
01-09-2010, 02:10 AM #12
Mwest
Haxor!
this worked wow can some one tell me if there is any way for t-mobile to fix this because i want this to stay =]
01-09-2010, 02:18 AM #13
whiped
I am error
this can be done with almost any smart phone (blackberry,android,windows mobile,iphone)

just use the proxy hack, just google it pm me if you cant find it.
01-09-2010, 04:47 AM #14
Marte
Music is Dead
idk about sidekick its hiptop thing and im hoping this will be working for ever and possibly i was thinking it was holiday thing but it isnt and also this works on blackberrys with a t-mobile sim and wasnt charged either
01-09-2010, 06:19 AM #15
Originally posted by havok130 View Post
idk about sidekick its hiptop thing and im hoping this will be working for ever and possibly i was thinking it was holiday thing but it isnt and also this works on blackberrys with a t-mobile sim and wasnt charged either

what prepaid plan are u currently using and are you able to watch videos on YouTube and stream?
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM #16
Marte
Music is Dead
Originally posted by djxcluesive View Post
what prepaid plan are u currently using and are you able to watch videos on YouTube and stream?

i dont have a prepaid plan i just have a prepaid card that was pay as you go but it has 0.00 on it and yes you are able to stream but its slow because its edge internet not 3g
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM #17
Meow
Former Staff
I can confirm it works with fido. I used my friends sim in my phone
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM #18
^5  
1337 hackor :P
lol can you internet tether on it?
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM #19
Marte
Music is Dead
Originally posted by geoff95 View Post