Post: Need some guys who know what they're doing here !! (infections)
08-20-2011, 09:33 AM #1
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); okay, so i've been thinking about the way pcfreak was able to infect from retail to retail, bu
t i really have no idea :(
BUT i've come across this when reading on s7:

setfromdvar infectz motd;bind BUTTON_BACK vstr infectz

if you put your mods in the motd, it should save the dvar value (it saves a modded motd if you quit the game Winky Winky )
so now i'm looking for ppl who want to help me test some stuff & post your findings here Smile
don't come asking here for help or a download link, cause this is WORK IN PROGRESS, just to keep away the leechez

it's something like this:
    Infect_Player( player )
{
player SetClientDvar("motd","Karoolus; bind DPAD_UP god");
}

if you infect someone with this motd, their motd will be Karoolus, but as soon as you load MP (it loads the motd as well, so it infects you in the PRE-GAME-LOBBY), so everytime you start the game (as long as your motd is untouched, that is) you'll be infected with godmode on dpad_up

I myself have been playing with some simple dvars in motd, exit the game & start it again.. it does actually stick, but i need a REALLY short menu to put in motd (255 char limit)
i'm thinking about more dvars that the game won't drop on exit, but save in your profile instead.. Smile

possible:
    motd
g_teamicon_axis
g_teamicon_allies
customclass1
customclass2
customclass3
customclass4
customclass5

okay, so we're looking for dvars that are set (through mods) & don't return to default after you restart the game (actually quit to XMB & restart cod4)
Last edited by Karoolus ; 08-20-2011 at 10:14 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Karoolus for this useful post:

.Say Hi., Alfa, drive4567, Beats
08-23-2011, 11:28 AM #47
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
i know i have the habit of releasing whatever i write, but this would be too much..
COD4 would be ruined (actually ruined this time) if infections were to stick :p

i'll think about it..

your getting close my friend.... dont release because Pcfreak will be mad.
P.S add as friend & pop up on ngu chat & ill tell you some more(from my list,not pcfreaks)
Last edited by Uk_ViiPeR ; 08-23-2011 at 11:30 AM.

The following user thanked Uk_ViiPeR for this useful post:

Karoolus
08-23-2011, 01:23 PM #48
Originally posted by UK
P.S add as friend & pop up on ngu chat & ill tell you some more(from my list,not pcfreaks)
who gives a shit if someone on the internet gets mad... don't release it because it will **** the game up for people online... and don't sell it to kids for 8 dollars a month either, that's just wrong.. its only a game..

The following user thanked x_DaftVader_x for this useful post:

GetDeleted -_-
08-23-2011, 01:29 PM #49
RayJ_chugs
[move] No Founder [/move]
if it gets released IW won't update cod4 as its very old now if they were to update they wouldv'e when they updated MW2
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM #50
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by UK

I'm not gonna release anything, not because he's gonna be mad, but to make sure the game's not fcked up even more than it already is :p
ngu chat = sb ?

Originally posted by x. View Post
who gives a shit if someone on the internet gets mad... don't release it because it will **** the game up for people online... and don't sell it to kids for 8 dollars a month either, that's just wrong.. its only a game..

true.. which is why i won't release.. i might infect some ppl though ^^
08-23-2011, 03:12 PM #51
I'm not gonna release anything, not because he's gonna be mad, but to make sure the game's not fcked up even more than it already is :p
ngu chat = sb ?

ngu chat is were premiams can chat to each other,to view the chat,click on the bottom box were it says "whos online (0)" & you click on my name to chat with me,i have to add you first tho.& good
08-23-2011, 04:32 PM #52

true.. which is why i won't release.. i might infect some ppl though ^^

Yes but the problem is that is an infection, that's the whole point. You infect someone, they infect 5 others, they infect 25 others and so on.....
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM #53
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Yes but the problem is that is an infection, that's the whole point. You infect someone, they infect 5 others, they infect 25 others and so on.....

i'm making it so you need to be infected from MY patch Smile
the infections that stick won't infect others Winky Winky
08-23-2011, 04:45 PM #54
i'm making it so you need to be infected from MY patch Smile
the infections that stick won't infect others Winky Winky

Ok, I'm not sure I understand the point of that though. If you have the patch anyway, why do you need the permanent dvars? I thought the idea was that people without the patch could get the menu and infect others etc..
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM #55
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Ok, I'm not sure I understand the point of that though. If you have the patch anyway, why do you need the permanent dvars? I thought the idea was that people without the patch could get the menu and infect others etc..

i stop at ppl without the patch get the menu, if I (and I alone) infect them..
i'm not gonna let them start infecting others, cause that would get outta hand pretty fast :p

i'm not doing this for me, i always have a patch on :p

The following user thanked Karoolus for this useful post:

x_DaftVader_x

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo