11-16-2012, 05:47 PM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so I have been searching and reading all morning trying to find the cause, and potentially a solution to the freezing and connection problems that I, and many others have been facing since Black Ops 2 was released.

What I have found that the most recent Hotfix, that is supposed to aid in Lag and FPS issues, is actually being blocked by some ISP's. Now, there may be other reasons as to why you are not getting the Hotfix, however this is the most prominent reason that I have found.

The Issue that everyone with 20.0.-1, is you don't have the Hotfix. Just like the patch, if you have not updated to the latest path, you cannot play online gameplay.

ISP's that I have found to have a problem with the Hotfix:

Canadian West- Telus
Canadian East- Bell

(Both Telus and Bell are affiliated with each other, so this could be why)

I have not found any other solutions to fix this issue temporarily until Treyarch grows some balls and gets shit fixed, other that to try using a different ISP (Maybe your friend across the street who can play?) to try and obtain the Hotfix.

Please, if you are receiving this error, comment with your ISP, and general area (State). I will add them to the list of potential ISP problems.

The following 4 users say thank you to Hawk for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, II Dave II, monkystyle, riggstq
11-16-2012, 06:25 PM #11
riggstq
[move]Haters Gonna Hate[/move]
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Talk talk are known to have issues with COD......Anywho

Has anybody tried to change DNS to a different one compared to the ISP set one ?
I mean the DNS your PS3/Xbox uses

thanks for an educated answer as to why/how i cannot connect atleast i can now try to do something based on the info you provided above toward fixing it myself instead of waiting for treyarch/activison to fix this PATHETIC fail of a game

ISPs block game traffic and traffic all the time :p
They are not doing it with a purpose of blocking it more by mistake. I has a feeling the DNS tables not updated yet.

thanks for an educated answer as to why/how i cannot connect atleast i can now try to do something based on the info you provided above toward fixing it myself instead of waiting for treyarch/activison to fix this PATHETIC fail of a game

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Originally posted by Founder
Okay, so I have been searching and reading all morning trying to find the cause, and potentially a solution to the freezing and connection problems that I, and many others have been facing since Black Ops 2 was released.

What I have found that the most recent Hotfix, that is supposed to aid in Lag and FPS issues, is actually being blocked by some ISP's. Now, there may be other reasons as to why you are not getting the Hotfix, however this is the most prominent reason that I have found.

The Issue that everyone with 20.0.-1, is you don't have the Hotfix. Just like the patch, if you have not updated to the latest path, you cannot play online gameplay.

ISP's that I have found to have a problem with the Hotfix:

Canadian West- Telus
Canadian East- Bell

(Both Telus and Bell are affiliated with each other, so this could be why)

I have not found any other solutions to fix this issue temporarily until Treyarch grows some balls and gets shit fixed, other that to try using a different ISP (Maybe your friend across the street who can play?) to try and obtain the Hotfix.

Please, if you are receiving this error, comment with your ISP, and general area (State). I will add them to the list of potential ISP problems.

im with sky and i am located in the south west of the uk, torquay in devon to be more presice
11-16-2012, 06:35 PM #12
The Thing is, Im on Virgin media and i can't connect and next door (my mates house) he also has virgin media and he can connect fine, so i don't think its isp related.
11-16-2012, 06:59 PM #13
Jango
I love my kitteh

Has anybody tried to change DNS to a different one compared to the ISP set one ?

They are not doing it with a purpose of blocking it more by mistake. I has a feeling the DNS tables not updated yet.

Would you mind linking/giving me a tut on how to easily and safely change my dns?
11-16-2012, 07:04 PM #14
yea mying wasnt working for 3 days worked all day yesterday now its down again hope its up before double xp starts
11-16-2012, 07:39 PM #15
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by edd View Post
talk talk uk

As an employee of TalkTalk, I can confirm we do NOT block Ports at TalkTalk

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Again, as an employee of TalkTalk, I have never heard such nonsense in my life. Lots of people I work with also play COD including myself (hence my presence on here) and none of them have any issues and i'm the first to have this problem from the TalkTalk office.

We do NOT block ports at TalkTalk and it is NOTHING to do with us.

The following user thanked spudeeelad for this useful post:

Swifter
11-16-2012, 07:55 PM #16
Swifter
The Swift One
Originally posted by Jango View Post
Would you mind linking/giving me a tut on how to easily and safely change my dns?
you can just use Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 & secondary 8.8.4.4
You must login or register to view this content.
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM #17
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by Jango View Post

I don't know what you expect this to achieve. It will not solve your problem. The problem is with their servers and their servers alone. Change your settings all you like, it will not make a difference
11-16-2012, 08:06 PM #18
Swifter
The Swift One
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
As an employee of TalkTalk, I can confirm we do NOT block Ports at TalkTalk

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Again, as an employee of TalkTalk, I have never heard such nonsense in my life. Lots of people I work with also play COD including myself (hence my presence on here) and none of them have any issues and i'm the first to have this problem from the TalkTalk office.

We do NOT block ports at TalkTalk and it is NOTHING to do with us.

Is TalkTalk as shit as BT broadband? lol i mean bandwidth limiting/capping & disconnecting users (like me) daily? we/i bearly use less than 1gb a day & line gets cut off for 1 or 2 days & is working back up again for 2,3 days & so on.. Really gets annoying to, like today few hours ago my ps3 was off & my laptop wasn't even connected then to the lame homehub router, (only my sister was on browsing on her laptop) & line got disconnected:/ ...& now idk wtf bout an hour+ ago router's internet light started flashing yellow for 1sec & back on now 4 LED lights blue
Last edited by Swifter ; 11-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.
11-16-2012, 09:11 PM #19
eddyfalmaguer
Bounty hunter
A friend online create a account for me and it work yesterday all day, but today it does not work anymore. I have create more than 5 accounts none of them work online. Same problem with server error, I am very mad about all this going on with cod server error, this situation is frustrating. Can play the game while signing in ,I have to sign out to be able to play the game. Yesterday everyone in my cod team had freeze problems while playing online including me. WHAT IS GOING ON?? I'm starting to think I got banned on all of my account because I was playing with custom rogero 4.30 and original black ops 2 disc game. While ago on my other ps3 I did the black ops prestige hack and got my console id banned , I had the same issue with the server error. For that reason I believe I'm banned and everyone with cfw is banned too, it does not matter if you play with original disc game ,you will get banned if you play on custom firmware. I start thinking that activation banned everyone with custom firmware and for error it is banning too the people using official ps3 with original games. That is my opinion. I don't believe that they did not banned anyone yet.I wish everyone good luck .

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo