11-16-2012, 05:47 PM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so I have been searching and reading all morning trying to find the cause, and potentially a solution to the freezing and connection problems that I, and many others have been facing since Black Ops 2 was released.

What I have found that the most recent Hotfix, that is supposed to aid in Lag and FPS issues, is actually being blocked by some ISP's. Now, there may be other reasons as to why you are not getting the Hotfix, however this is the most prominent reason that I have found.

The Issue that everyone with 20.0.-1, is you don't have the Hotfix. Just like the patch, if you have not updated to the latest path, you cannot play online gameplay.

ISP's that I have found to have a problem with the Hotfix:

Canadian West- Telus
Canadian East- Bell

(Both Telus and Bell are affiliated with each other, so this could be why)

I have not found any other solutions to fix this issue temporarily until Treyarch grows some balls and gets shit fixed, other that to try using a different ISP (Maybe your friend across the street who can play?) to try and obtain the Hotfix.

Please, if you are receiving this error, comment with your ISP, and general area (State). I will add them to the list of potential ISP problems.

The following 4 users say thank you to Hawk for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, II Dave II, monkystyle, riggstq
11-17-2012, 04:44 AM #29
.Say Hi.
Rep is so 2010
I don't think it has anything to do with your ISP because I dorm in college and I can't access the servers in my room on my PS3 but if I use my friends PS3 he can get online.

The following user thanked .Say Hi. for this useful post:

spudeeelad
11-17-2012, 05:30 AM #30
i got this game since saturday last week and the past week i cant still play for that past 7 days .....
also im with Rogers Toronto Canada if that helps ....
11-17-2012, 06:45 AM #31
GaLaXy98-q8
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by AleXta View Post
How is that possible !
if is it didn't work with me for 2 days
and it's finally work yesterday !
and now it isn't working anymore !!

me 2 on Thursday i made a new account and it was working perfect and now It doesn't work :(
11-17-2012, 09:43 AM #32
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by KYLE View Post
Same as me. Worst ever ISP. Thank god i'm changing on the 27th november.

And for what reason is that exactly? I bet you can't give me a valid reason for that.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Originally posted by Camacheiro View Post
This is totally not true.

I have 2 Ps3's.
One that i havent used in a while and my new slim one that i have had for about 6 months.

The slim one does not let me online with any accounts on bops2.
Now, i added my second account to the old phat PS3 i had stored and that works fine.
All i do is swap the internet cable from one PS3 to another.
I just think its strange that it works in 1 PS3 and not the other.

But my main account does not work on either PS3. Any other account will work on the Phat , just not on the slim.

I don't know what is going on, but sure smells fishy to me. And its not ISP related.

FINALLY, someone who knows what they are talking about!
11-17-2012, 09:46 AM #33
new_egg_edd
Bounty hunter
yeh talk talk is awful, i don't think in the history of call of duty have i ever gotten host or a 4 bar connection
11-17-2012, 10:00 AM #34
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
And for what reason is that exactly? I bet you can't give me a valid reason for that.

Talk talk I get 1.8mb max. Connection worst ever. If everything in my household was on the Internet would
Crash. & also a lot of disconnections 1-2 a day. So there is my valid reason.
11-17-2012, 10:12 AM #35
I am on virgin uk. My second account worked fine for 2 days but now it's fucked again. Wonder what watchdog have to say about this shit. I'm getting fed up with buying a game and only being able to play single player!
11-17-2012, 10:47 AM #36
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
I'm using 3 Ireland.
11-17-2012, 12:15 PM #37
philipeininger
Treasure hunter
But i Think its the Call of duty ELITE That we cant play i have ELITE on my main account but when i did a new account its worked fine then When i Logg in into ELITE with the new account i get the error again. Look up that. Thanks.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo