11-16-2012, 05:47 PM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so I have been searching and reading all morning trying to find the cause, and potentially a solution to the freezing and connection problems that I, and many others have been facing since Black Ops 2 was released.

What I have found that the most recent Hotfix, that is supposed to aid in Lag and FPS issues, is actually being blocked by some ISP's. Now, there may be other reasons as to why you are not getting the Hotfix, however this is the most prominent reason that I have found.

The Issue that everyone with 20.0.-1, is you don't have the Hotfix. Just like the patch, if you have not updated to the latest path, you cannot play online gameplay.

ISP's that I have found to have a problem with the Hotfix:

Canadian West- Telus
Canadian East- Bell

(Both Telus and Bell are affiliated with each other, so this could be why)

I have not found any other solutions to fix this issue temporarily until Treyarch grows some balls and gets shit fixed, other that to try using a different ISP (Maybe your friend across the street who can play?) to try and obtain the Hotfix.

Please, if you are receiving this error, comment with your ISP, and general area (State). I will add them to the list of potential ISP problems.

The following 4 users say thank you to Hawk for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, II Dave II, monkystyle, riggstq
11-16-2012, 10:05 PM #20
Ireland - vodafone
11-16-2012, 10:07 PM #21
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by Swifter View Post
Is TalkTalk as shit as BT broadband? lol i mean bandwidth limiting/capping & disconnecting users (like me) daily? we/i bearly use less than 1gb a day & line gets cut off for 1 or 2 days & is working back up again for 2,3 days & so on.. Really gets annoying to, like today few hours ago my ps3 was off & my laptop wasn't even connected then to the lame homehub router, (only my sister was on browsing on her laptop) & line got disconnected:/ ...& now idk wtf bout an hour+ ago router's internet light started flashing yellow for 1sec & back on now 4 LED lights blue

In most ways, yes. You need a BT landline to sign up with TalkTalk, so any issues on the line with BT will still be present if you switched to TalkTalk. However, the problems you are having don't sound like an ordinary line fault and sound more like a router fault or sync issue. I suggest you contact BT and ask them to run some TAM tests and Copper Line tests on your line (should only take them 10 minutes and they should be able to do it for free without an engineer visiting your house), this will confirm whether there is a line fault or sync issue. Also, if they say there is no fault, ask for a Data Port Reset.

The following user thanked spudeeelad for this useful post:

Swifter
11-16-2012, 10:52 PM #22
Originally posted by edd View Post
talk talk uk

Same as me. Worst ever ISP. Thank god i'm changing on the 27th november.

The following user groaned BIG-BLACK-KYLE for this awful post:

spudeeelad
11-17-2012, 12:55 AM #23
LightModz
League Champion
Originally posted by Founder
Okay, so I have been searching and reading all morning trying to find the cause, and potentially a solution to the freezing and connection problems that I, and many others have been facing since Black Ops 2 was released.

What I have found that the most recent Hotfix, that is supposed to aid in Lag and FPS issues, is actually being blocked by some ISP's. Now, there may be other reasons as to why you are not getting the Hotfix, however this is the most prominent reason that I have found.

The Issue that everyone with 20.0.-1, is you don't have the Hotfix. Just like the patch, if you have not updated to the latest path, you cannot play online gameplay.

ISP's that I have found to have a problem with the Hotfix:

Canadian West- Telus
Canadian East- Bell

(Both Telus and Bell are affiliated with each other, so this could be why)

I have not found any other solutions to fix this issue temporarily until Treyarch grows some balls and gets shit fixed, other that to try using a different ISP (Maybe your friend across the street who can play?) to try and obtain the Hotfix.

Please, if you are receiving this error, comment with your ISP, and general area (State). I will add them to the list of potential ISP problems.

BT Home Hub - UK
11-17-2012, 01:39 AM #24
Rxbby
Haxor!
Got 20.0.-1 with Sky Fibre in the UK. I managed to somehow connect yesterday after changing my DNS settings to the best that NameBench said i could have and now i got 20.0-1 again today. Im guessing its your Ping to the servers, peak times.
11-17-2012, 03:12 AM #25
J-Glips
Bounty hunter
Guess no one is the US is having issues? I have the hotfix but do have the Party Leader freezing issue now and than. I am on Verizon, if it matters since everyone who seems to be having major problems or bigger problems than me, are over seas.
11-17-2012, 03:57 AM #26
ozzy21
Little One
I'm in the U.S. and have Verizon as well. I'm getting the unavailable server error. I made a new account yesterday and it worked all day until I tried it this morning and it gave me the error. So you're not alone J-Glips!
11-17-2012, 03:57 AM #27
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
This is totally not true.

I have 2 Ps3's.
One that i havent used in a while and my new slim one that i have had for about 6 months.

The slim one does not let me online with any accounts on bops2.
Now, i added my second account to the old phat PS3 i had stored and that works fine.
All i do is swap the internet cable from one PS3 to another.
I just think its strange that it works in 1 PS3 and not the other.

But my main account does not work on either PS3. Any other account will work on the Phat , just not on the slim.

I don't know what is going on, but sure smells fishy to me. And its not ISP related.

The following 3 users say thank you to Camacheiro for this useful post:

Cmd-X, spudeeelad, Swifter
11-17-2012, 04:07 AM #28
bad_carma
Usertitle?
alberta canada telus
ps3-20.0.-1
xbox-online since release no problems

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo