12-01-2012, 04:33 PM #1
sonofpops
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok well I always research things in a lot of depth and I published lots of ways to beat lag comp in MW3 and someone was so pleased with my help once he paid me $60 via my website. Im not promoting the site so I wont link to it I am a NGU faithful and I'm just sharing something that helped me.

The matchmaking and best connection thing is the best its ever been in any cod. The fact that players are experiencing varying degrees of LAG is almost certainly down to their own connection. I was raging about LAG as I got the best internet etc paid for fibre optic, ethernet cable etc and I thought I was being punished by LAG comp.

Not the case at all if it wasn't for LAG comp I would not be able to even play cod. Basically as memory has become cheaper router manufacturers have added more and more memory (cheap ass memory). Great right? ... well not exactly.

In order to maintain network integrity while everyone in the world is sending packets at the same time some packets have to be momentarily delayed to avoid being fragmented. This happens both on your router and of course on a larger scale your isp's exchange routers.

I ran a network diagnostic tool on my own connection and I am not talking about pingtest.net or speedtest.net I am talking about a professional scientific network analysis tool called netalyser (google it use the downloadable .jar not the online version). To my utter amazement my top spec fibre optic low latency internet had a 4447ms buffer delay while playing Black ops 2.

Imagine being in a lobby where you had a 'real' ping of 4447ms and no LAG comp? People would drop you before you had even seen them.

The problem is that your (or your ISP's) router can become bloated completely unpredictably and be great one second and awful the next. As your router has to 'hang on' to more and more packets in the memory it becomes full and responds slowly while 'bloated'. So even though you have an amazing upstream that upstream is being delayed by in my case 4.5 seconds by your own router.

It is for that reason that being host sucks in MW3 and most of the time in BO2 a little lag comp (too much in MW3) but mostly host=more packets more packets=more bloat.

They are working on a solution to buffer bloat with routers with better memory management but they wont hit the stores till 2015.

There are a few things you can try optimising your MTU to stop packets being fragmented because they are too large for example most ADSL lines this number is 1472. There are plenty of tuts on here and YT to help with this.

Also you can avoid host by closing ports to make your NAT moderate.

But what worked best for me and is a real game changer was this. Download virtual router manager (google it) on a windows 7 Laptop and share your windows 7 laptops connection wirelessly. Then connect your console to your virtual wireless network through your windows 7 Laptop. Im not sure why using your laptop as a router works but I think this works because the laptop has better memory management and more memory than my cheap ISP router.

If it doesn't work for you I am sorry, It PROPERLY worked for me and my clan but I cant speak for your individual problems. I hope you at least enjoyed the information.

I am now very much enjoying the LAG and now I am better informed about my own connection I am glad of LAG comp =]

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Just a quick note about MTU my default MTU was 1500 and 3 out of 4 packets that I sent to google.com via command prompt were being fragmented. At 1472 4 out of 4 were complete.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

If enough people want I will make a Vid tut on diagnosing if the LAG is from your own network.

The following 18 users say thank you to sonofpops for this useful post:

AJPackers, Dexla, DaRBdaPlaYa-, El_Mas_Chingon, FAKA_ELITE, hp450, Millz, Mr.Kane, Nifty., ONEster, rockym56, Stone, tacosauce, teyon47, TheManDavid, xHeAVeN, xShowtime32x, Zwiik
01-30-2013, 03:29 AM #56
zPrent
Keeper
nice!
01-30-2013, 03:34 AM #57
ExpectKING
Climbing up the ladder
Good to Know

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo