07-06-2010, 05:18 AM #1
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Don't post this anywhere else without giving me, Michael, credit.

You need a root account in Linux for this! I used Ubuntu 10.04. The SDK is for Windows as well, but there's no readme for the files. So I set up VMWare with Ubuntu so I can use Linux inside Windows.

For Linux:
In Ubuntu, Fedora, Yellow Dog, etc, type "sudo apt-get install yum" in Terminal.
Type in your root password.
Now, look for a repository with PS3 binaries. You can get some from PS3Bodega.
You need the PS3 SDK kit as well, the full one. You can't get the full 600MB one from pretty much anywhere unless you search. I can't give a link since it's not allowed.
With yum and the RPM installed, now you can just type "yum ps3unpkgr" in Terminal instead of code editing.
When you get the SDK and install the binaries (the RPM is right there), you can use "ps3unpkgr -x <PKG name>" and unpack everything.
To pack it into a PKG again, use "ps3unpkgr -c <PKG name>" and it will pack.
I'm not going to sit and explain everything so thoroughly if you don't know how to do it. If you really are wanting more, reach me another way.

To do this in Windows:
Download the PS3 SDK.
Go into the "host-win32" folder.
Go into "bin."
In Command Prompt, drag "make_package_npdrm.exe" into the prompt, and use -x <PKG name> to decompress. Use -c <PKG name> to compress.
This unpacker will only work for certain PKGs! Luckily, the patch falls under this category.

You must login or register to view this content.
TinyPic resizing my monitor.. wow.
Last edited by Michael ; 07-11-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: I added how to do it on Windows.

The following 18 users say thank you to Michael for this useful post:

<Jimbo>, closebeat, D3cH, deathmore, Grandad Trotter, i_am_legend147, IDontbreak, iiFaMoUzZ-, Macdaddy4sure, Maty360414, Ninja, Nolzad0, ps3user123, RyGuy88, SupaTrollioBros, ThisIsBio, zasz
07-15-2010, 06:43 PM #164
baremo
Pokemon Trainer
where we have to place the sdk files please, ive got ubuntu on my virtual VMWare. And i have install YUM but i don't know hot to install rpm ect....
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM #165
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by baremo View Post
where we have to place the sdk files please, ive got ubuntu on my virtual VMWare. And i have install YUM but i don't know hot to install rpm ect....

All your doing is making directories... and in this directories you install the ps3 unpacker etc... and if you know a lot about bash commands you should be able to do it quite easily, bash commands are exclusive to Macs and Linux, since I use both I know what he is talking about.
07-16-2010, 07:11 PM #166
Originally posted by 1Renokk View Post
Michael, Unknown said it's not about this, it's about Coding Injection..

nice dude keep up the good workSmileSmileSmileSmile
07-16-2010, 10:11 PM #167
CBot
Brute
Originally posted by RETSGNAS View Post
ok, so say someone bought the SDK from sony for ~$10,250 and sold it to everyone at a very cheap, say £100 a time, price. Who would buy it? i mean, if i bought it myself and 50 people paid for it, i would lose out on about £3500 and i dont think thats worth it :(

First of all the Sony SDK is now a low price of $2k

Second of all it don't work like that
07-17-2010, 12:50 AM #168
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Why does Retop56 post something like that... he doesn't help he doesn't make suggestions and I bet he leaches stuff to other forums. I mean com'on man tell us somethings that you know, like tell us if you tried this etc, just don't sit there like a lump or fungi on a log man.
07-17-2010, 01:25 PM #169
baremo
Pokemon Trainer
I have the ps3 sdk kit. On my ubuntu.

I have type "sudo apt-get install yum" for install yum.
I have install the ps3bodega.rpm.

But now when I type "ps3unpkgr -x patch.PKG". An error says : ps3unpkgr: command not found.

The ps3 sdk file and my patch.PKG are on the home folder.

Can you explain me where i have to deplace my files. Have I to install ps3 unpacker ? If yes can you tell me how please.
07-17-2010, 02:00 PM #170
Originally posted by RETSGNAS View Post
ok, so say someone bought the SDK from sony for ~$10,250 and sold it to everyone at a very cheap, say £100 a time, price. Who would buy it? i mean, if i bought it myself and 50 people paid for it, i would lose out on about £3500 and i dont think thats worth it :(

for one, if Sony found you doing this, you would be in some massive crap with them, so definately not worth it, unless you can make up the amount they will sue you for :p
Last edited by mattyboy93 ; 07-17-2010 at 02:15 PM.
07-17-2010, 02:09 PM #171
Chaosfire
Kicking Names
Originally posted by mattyboy93 View Post
for one, if Sony found you doing this, you would be in some massive shit with them, so definately not worth it, unless you can make up the amount they will sue your ass for :p

Is it really necessary to curse?
07-17-2010, 02:17 PM #172
Originally posted by Chaosfire View Post
Is it really necessary to curse?

probably not, it just adds an emotive effect on how bad it will be :p But for the sake of it being necessary, i edited it out Smile

The following user thanked mattyboy93 for this useful post:

Chaosfire

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo