08-30-2010, 02:40 AM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

You must login or register to view this content.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

***Default_mp.xex download***
Here is the link

I will post a .self file. Non modded/patched for you guys to look at also. After awhile of course.

***Default_mp.self download***
Here is the link (Special Thanks to MacDaddy4sure)
Last edited by Rath ; 09-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.

The following 41 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

-Luis7uarez-, Okami, $oulja, 3arc, bertieboy7, bogenog, boombrshot, BuC-ShoTz, FireWire, GNDOOOR_KILLER, hichi, idkfa8, ihaxgames, iPooPublic, jb2203, JDP MODZz, juddylovespizza, kjoshi, LOL CAT, Macdaddy4sure, MasonF123, Maty360414, Mezzid, NeglectFate, NOTANOOB, Peirau, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, CHAOZ, Sandyballz, skitterz, SoLDieRDaP, St0rM, teeth08, TheJaRniBoi, TheSpoken, TheUnkn0wn, xAlex_, xEnhancer, xX_UmP45_Xx, XxprokillahxX
09-04-2010, 08:04 PM #191
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by weedelboy View Post
ISee Because the default_mp.self tells the E.BOOT.Bin What 2 do Why not Just Mod the E.BOOT.Bin So When U Mod the Patch It accepts it
am just saying so dont flam

Good luck getting it off and modding it. Since its signed just like anything on the PS3. But you just have to do extensive research. I have been working on this since day one of this coming to the surface, for TheUnkn0wn to get this in about three months was a remarkable landslide, but he didn't get wrapped around the axle with MW2... you have to remember with this you can mod any game.
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM #192
Originally posted by Kingcr3b View Post
Good luck getting it off and modding it. Since its signed just like anything on the PS3. But you just have to do extensive research. I have been working on this since day one of this coming to the surface, for TheUnkn0wn to get this in about three months was a remarkable landslide, but he didn't get wrapped around the axle with MW2... you have to remember with this you can mod any game.

So I could mod warhawk and get champs blade
09-04-2010, 08:19 PM #193
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by islanda73 View Post
So I could mod warhawk and get champs blade

Since all games have default.self and default_mp.self files most likely. Of course they will require different ways...MW2=Patch...depends, for Warhawk never played it so I don't know. But hunter mods Fallout 3 this way. :whistle:

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

islanda73
09-04-2010, 11:42 PM #194
Raymo5
Mario!
Well I think it has to do with .GSC Code injection Injecting the codes in the game while you setting up the private match because the .self would of have already done all of its checks when it starts up if you could some how inject it while the game is already started that would be bypassing it. But Not Sure Im doing some trial and error. I just no that with pc they can inject codes while setting up private match if we could some how find away to get the codes inject with the write program to the right spot it would somehow work or maybe not who knows. Just something I was thinking of.
09-04-2010, 11:50 PM #195
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Raymos View Post
Well I think it has to do with .GSC Code injection Injecting the codes in the game while you setting up the private match because the .self would of have already done all of its checks when it starts up if you could some how inject it while the game is already started that would be bypassing it. But Not Sure Im doing some trial and error. I just no that with pc they can inject codes while setting up private match if we could some how find away to get the codes inject with the write program to the right spot it would somehow work or maybe not who knows. Just something I was thinking of.

That seems really reasonable... since unknown brought up he uses some sort of code injection. Give it a try man... we need people to trial and error. Not sit around and post replies saying this or that won't work etc.
09-04-2010, 11:51 PM #196
DiJiTaLNiCk
BaLLiN' STaTuS
Originally posted by Raymos View Post

Yes, but the thing is how are we going to inject it.
If PSJAIBREAK didn't become illegal then we could've ran homebrew to do it. but that stuffs that.
To inject we need a program like the PC Modloader. but we need it to work with PS3 :S

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

That seems really reasonable... since unknown brought up he uses some sort of code injection. Give it a try man... we need people to trial and error. Not sit around and post replies saying this or that won't work etc.

How can he try when he doesnt know what to do.
he needs a program to inject
09-05-2010, 12:57 AM #197
Anyone think it would be possible to inject some sort of file or code from PC using something like Xlink kai?

Normal injection works when you join a private match, so mabey you can inject something over lan?

But that would not let you inject gsc code unless you could inject a whole file somehow.
09-05-2010, 06:41 PM #198
Smile^ then y dont we just get that Eboot.bin out the way then dont flame just an idea
09-05-2010, 07:16 PM #199
If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to :y:the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

***Default_mp.xex download***
Here is the link

I will post a .self file. Non modded/patched for you guys to look at also. After awhile of course.

***Default_mp.self download***
Here is the link (Special Thanks to MacDaddy4sure)

from what i just learned if u were to hav a jtag xbox and ripped or download a game to your pc u get some files, 2 of these files are default.xex and if it has multiplayer daefault_mp.xex which r the things tht were made to prevent hacks by checking to see if they've been moddified in this case being mw2 its checking the ff files

How Do We Prevent Those Checks?

Thats all up to you bcuz if u think about it and research it first in .xex since evry1 has alredy got .xex on lockdown then u can figur it out w/ the .self file

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo