06-20-2011, 09:52 PM #1
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Quote from my blog:

Originally posted by another user
Hey guys. Well it looks like I keep hopping projects doesn’t it. Well due to the PHP version giving too many people trouble and it even crashed on my Debian partition, I took the plunge and re-wrote my ffManager in C# from near scratch.
Now a few things to point out. it features everything that the PHP version had. Though I made this one into a mini, shell-like program. It is interactive and you don’t need to re-run and re-configure every time you want to do something. It gives you options that you can set settings and you can change at any time, and compress and de-compress.
If that confused you, then maybe you should just try it out, lol. Currently I may consider it a beta to stable. Mainly because I haven’t gotten to MW2 support yet and the support in the PHP version was flawed.
You still require FFXML profiles, and I updated the original ffManager GIT repo with all the new stuff, removing the old. I still have the old GUI app backed up for safe keeping and code purposes..
ffManager requires MONO to be installed. You can get the .NET MONO runtime from You must login or register to view this content.
Also if your on MAC/LINUX please install WINE. Just google how to get it, as wine allows the packzip/offzip.exe programs to run on non-windows machines.
Last edited by Newfie ; 06-20-2011 at 10:39 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to pcfreak30 for this useful post:

Okami, Skyl1n3
06-22-2011, 12:05 PM #38
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
Originally posted by pcfreak30 View Post
Program updated to version 1.4.3..

Improved the updater as it could cause a crash...

For this, the downloads have been updated.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Why are you bothering with my old php version? The ffManager works better than its php counterpart and has more stuff.

Because when I download the new one theres no start.bat in the file for some reason :/
06-22-2011, 02:30 PM #39
Okami
Known As Yukuku
use the new one now

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

go here
You must login or register to view this content.
it should be there
06-22-2011, 02:44 PM #40
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
Originally posted by yukuku View Post
use the new one now

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

go here
it should be there

That was the longest sign-up to any website I've had to do :p

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

And i still can't download it! :FU:
06-22-2011, 03:46 PM #41
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by Skyl1n3 View Post
That was the longest sign-up to any website I've had to do :p
And i still can't download it! :FU:

i'll PM you the password

The following 2 users say thank you to Karoolus for this useful post:

Neff, Skyl1n3
06-22-2011, 04:16 PM #42
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
i'll PM you the password

<3333333333
06-22-2011, 07:04 PM #43
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
Um SimplyHacks -> Downloads -> Releases. Gotta activate ur acct to DL..
06-23-2011, 07:58 AM #44
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
Update. I have been looking at my program and found a few things. The software is not flawed but the cod4 ps3 profile is. I am working to fix it. Also this is been happening to me personally and is pissing me off. ffManager keeps randomly crashing. Now you can not have ANY program accessing the work folder or its contents when extracting as it deletes it all and re-creates. if it crashes 4 u, just delete the folder manually and try again.

If you have any issues with ffManager, let me know on my site.. Smile.
06-23-2011, 09:04 AM #45
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by pcfreak30 View Post
Update. I have been looking at my program and found a few things. The software is not flawed but the cod4 ps3 profile is. I am working to fix it. Also this is been happening to me personally and is pissing me off. ffManager keeps randomly crashing. Now you can not have ANY program accessing the work folder or its contents when extracting as it deletes it all and re-creates. if it crashes 4 u, just delete the folder manually and try again.

If you have any issues with ffManager, let me know on my site.. Smile.

it still can't open ff-viewer compatible patches.. :p
but i like what you've got so far Winky Winky

just a thought: can you have it read the actual gsc names instead of 'assigning' the original name to the gsc , for example, in my patch_mp.ff, _missions.gsc is renamed to _karoolus.gsc
is it possible to do that ?

& if it is, could it be possible to add a command to change gsc names from inside your manager Winky Winky
cause you extract the gsc but you don't touch the headers, do you ?
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM #46
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
it still can't open ff-viewer compatible patches.. :p
but i like what you've got so far Winky Winky

just a thought: can you have it read the actual gsc names instead of 'assigning' the original name to the gsc , for example, in my patch_mp.ff, _missions.gsc is renamed to _karoolus.gsc
is it possible to do that ?

& if it is, could it be possible to add a command to change gsc names from inside your manager Winky Winky
cause you extract the gsc but you don't touch the headers, do you ?

Anything related to that would go towards what ffViewer does. i never even touch the zlib info in the C#. only thing i actually read is the ff signature and the 2 byte version header. If you want to have different names, just alter the profile. Distribute your own profile, and I may even add it to the GIT repo Smile.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Well COD4 is fixed. Though I removed half of the GSC's out of the profile. Most were the mp_ map GSC's and not even needed. For some reason they were causing black screens, and I am stumped as to why. Program also updated to 1.4.6, so the updater should kick in Smile.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo